Game 22: Aberdeen (A) 22nd January 2020

GazzyB

A hard working well earned 3 points. Every man put in a great shift. I think right at the end that was Carroll pressing up past the center circle. Was worried when we showed our hand and put Mugabi on with 15 mins to go but the team done well. After all that effort I hope we can recover for the weekend. But fir sure, our boys showed up.  

• Like 1

Just now, texanwellfan said:

A hard working well earned 3 points. Every man put in a great shift. I think right at the that was Carroll pressing up past the center circle. Was worried when we showed our hand and put Mugabi on with 15 mins to go but the team done well. After all that effort I hope we can recover for the weekend. But fir sure, our boys showed up.  

Aye they did that 

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Our record in the big league games can be poor so I am not confident tonight bit here's hoping I am wrong...COYW

Sorry folks, I apologise for having little faith.

PS. WILLIE MILLER....RICHARD GORDON....DENIS LAW....ANNIE LENNOX......YOUR BOYS TOOK A HELLUVA BEATING 

• Like 1

I could only watch it in bits, but Aberdeen didn't have that cutting edge, and I thought we defended well at the end, with everyone working themselves into the ground. Donnelly stood out for me from what I saw.

That was a stonewall penalty for them, we were caught cold and should have been punished. It was collum though, and he owes us a few.

Polworth with another great assist too. What a day.

How did Illic do? Any news on longs injury?

Overall a huge result, and one I really wasnt expecting.

FT: Aberdeen 0-1 Motherwell

Motherwell boss Stephen Robinson reckons tonight's impressive win at Aberdeen was "one of the best away performances in my time at the club".

He tells BBC Radio Scotland: "Some of the performances were fantastic. Some of our young players really came of age."

On Christopher Long's first-half injury, Robinson says the striker will be assessed tonight and tomorrow but is clearly a doubt for Saturday's visit of Hibernian.

And he doesn't expect to be dipping into the transfer market for the remainder of January.

"We’ve got no more money to play with," the Northern Irishman added. "We were able to bring Mikael Ndjoli in instead of Devante Cole.

"I have to make sure we don't block any of the young boys' pathways. Only boys I think are better than our young players will be people I try and bring to the club."

5 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Outstanding result, I really didn’t fancy us tonight so credit to Robinson and the players. I reckon we are 6/7 wins away from finishing 4th at worst. Hopefully we can tick one off this Saturday. 

I think the top four is sorted. I can’t see any of the teams below us putting on a run and I don’t see us losing game after game. This is now us on a season worth of games and we clearly out ahead of the chasing pack. It’s not a flash in the pan, we are up there on merit.