Game 23: Hibernian (H) 25th January 2020

Andy_P

I still haven't quite worked out Hibs since Ross took over. In our last game we passed them off the park for large spells, but we lacked any quality or cutting edge in the final third and they took advantage.

In other games they've cuffed Aberdeen, lost to Livi and Ross County and struggled to get past Accies in midweek. I thought they dominated for large spells in their cup tie against Utd, but still only managed a draw.

If we are a bit sharper in the box than we were at Easter Road last time out, it should be enough to get 3 points here.

• Like 1

So 4-4-2 at home Scott and illic up front? Or 4-3-3 with Donnelly Campbell and Polworth midfield and Scott, Manzinga and Illic?  Or does Seedorf start?  Of course the formation can change during the game but not sure how we will start. I’m thinking since Long is out he may start 4-4-2 to include O’Hara and keep the game tight and move to a 4-3-3 if we go behind 

'Coz nae metter how ferr awa' ye roam
If ye want tae be happy in a million ways
Fur ra watchin' o ra fitba, ye cannae beat 'well, Motherwell.

(Apologies to Perry Como)

Aye, it's braw tae be hame efter the wee brek n' twa awa' gemmes. Micht get mysel' in a michty muckle tryin' tae fun ra groon, but.

Play akin tae ra Dundee Ken n' Furryboots City n' ah'd be expectin' ra liftin' o' mony glesses o' oor nation libation efterwards. Play akin tae yon shite agin Accies n' aw we kin expect is cauld, saft (vegan) haggis oan a piece, n' no e'en an endie slice.

Dae ah ken whurr Hell is? Aye, it's Fester Road.

Come oan ye 'well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Any of the Americans able to tell me what channel I can get the Brentford vs Leicester FA Cup game on in America?

FA Cup is exclusively shown on ESPN+ which is a subscription only internet channel. $4.99 / month and can cancel at any time.

I think they still offer a 7 day free trial, so might be worth a look.

They show every FA Cup game live, plus English Championship and lower league games plus the Rangers and Celtic Scottish Cup games (as well as loads of other sporting events).

(Sorry I couldn't find an American to answer, but hope this helps B-))

• Thanks 1

I saw Illic talking up his game in an interview recently, saying how well he has been treated by the club and his team mates while he dealt with some injuries.

So it sounded like he was in the right frame of mind to kick on. Let's just hope his talent matches.