Game 24: Livingston (A) 1st February 2020

Andy_P

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

3/28 goals against from former players.

Clearly former players don't make up anything close to that proportion of our opposition. 

Clearly that is a valid statistical analysis of an appropriate sample size over an appropriate time frame accounting for external variables.

You might was well use today's game as a sample and extrapolate that "we lose every game and only former players score against us"

1 minute ago, ML1 said:

Should've been the concern long ago

More concerning is the lack of chances created than chances taken. People discussing the number of wingers we've signed, but clearly none of them impressing  Robinson if his first reaction to a poor first half is to revert to 352.

Thankfully we have points in the bank which means we're safe...

That was as bad as it gets,we were absolutely dire.the wake up call was there after the hamilton game that we badly needed to sign a central striker and we haven't addressed that issue,everything is all to samey up front,we have no out ball,nobody to hold it up and as much as i like long, he can't play up front on his own.we could really become predictable for the opposition between now and the end of the season as our forward line is made up of mainly the same type of player.we have put ourselves in a great position this season but i really hope we don't look bad and rue not bringing in something different.

With Aberdeen picking up a point today and us losing to Celtic midweek (mortgage will be on it) that could bring Aberdeen level. After returning from that debacle what I saw made me more sad than angry. We were miles behind livi when it came to our thought process. They were incisive in passing, decisive in clearing any possible build up from us and getting their next attack going. Passionate about wanting to win and their desire to work for each other was at least 2-3 seconds ahead of everything Motherwell could do. We played like we we wearing lead boots, every single thing we did was tiring and laboured. Our build up (if there was such a thing) was excruciatingly slow in everything wee tried. Even the fans were pointing out passes quicker than the players. Not one leader on that park.

Our midfield, given much kudos all season were swept aside as if they didn't exist today. Not one midfielder showed for a pass out of defence. We just could not get out of our own half. Not just for 20 minutes or so but for the whole game. We didnt need a striker, which is what we all want signed as they would have sat in the stand for the whole match as they were never going to get a sniff at anything today. Our only out ball in the first half was Hylton who was subbed (wish I knew why), he was the only person capable of getting the ball anywhere near their goal.

I can only hope whatever was going on today with the whole team (bar the keeper) is out their system before we play Celtic. Just hope to god it was a bad day and the players can regroup but that was brutal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Sounds like a very bad day at the office.

I expect Robbo to go through them and for us to be fired up for Wednesday night. 

Possession 54- 46%, attempts on goal 16-1 ,corners 14-1 ....very bad day at office

just shows how badly we played as they did not dominate possession 

Just home. I know football fans are prone to exaggeration, but that is up there with the worst performances I have ever seen. Completely outplayed and outfought in all areas of the park. Scoreline doesn't even come close to accurately reflecting how the game panned out, such was Livingston's dominance. Felt sorry for Mark Gillespie playing in that team.

Ok let me start by saying selling Scott had zero to do with today’s performance. We were absolutely dire from back to front. Hartley went back to looking like he was returning from injury again, the whole midfield were missing in action, and no one up front impressed. We struggled to string two passes together and there was absolutely no composure shown from anyone. We looked like a bunch of carthorses we were so slow. Gillespie kept the score down because it should have been three or four. Even taking away the pitch I’m baffled how we can suddenly produce a performance that was just as bad as the Accies one after playing so well in the last couple of games, the players looked like they had just met each other in the dressing room. 

Not much more to add apart from that was truly and utterly abysmal.

We talk about budgets and being beaten by teams with larger budgets etc. Today we got an utter lesson in work rate, professionalism, discipline and shape from a team with a substantially less budget than we have. 

Where was Ndjoli? Our forward options look so one dimensional and weak.   

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Not much more to add apart from that was truly and utterly abysmal.

We talk about budgets and being beaten by teams with larger budgets etc. Today we got an utter lesson in work rate, professionalism, discipline and shape from a team with a substantially less budget than we have. 

Where was Ndjoli? Our forward options look so one dimensional and weak.   

Probably still trying to find his way out of Broadwood after his performance for the reserves on Monday