Game 24: Livingston (A) 1st February 2020

Andy_P

44 minutes ago, Shaka said:

FFS,  so he is gonna be out for 9 months +  for a "preventative" operation on a potential knee issue that had never stopped him playing before? Just imagine how long he would be out with an actual injury!  

Maybe he is a crock and thats why Burrows was so desperate to sell Scott. Seriously tho, You would like to think he would sign an extension even just to protect the clubs investment after all their work with him. Then again all his agent sees is £££ so its very doubtful

Funnily enough Off the ball yesterday had an agent (can’t  remember who)on and he was asked if Turnbulls agent should advise him to sign a contract extension when it surely wouldn’t be in the agents best interests and make it harder to get him a move.

His reply was that having a longer contract will push the players resale value up and makes the agent more commission as most are on a % of the transfer fee

Never thought of it in that context before as I always assumed the less a club had to pay in transfer fees the more the agent would get.

13 minutes ago, santheman said:

Funnily enough Off the ball yesterday had an agent (can’t  remember who)on and he was asked if Turnbulls agent should advise him to sign a contract extension when it surely wouldn’t be in the agents best interests and make it harder to get him a move.

His reply was that having a longer contract will push the players resale value up and makes the agent more commission as most are on a % of the transfer fee

Never thought of it in that context before as I always assumed the less a club had to pay in transfer fees the more the agent would get.

I think in general it’s a percentage which is why agents like a bidding war.

4 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

More depressing for me was the news Turnbull will not be back till after the split.

I hadn't heard that Iain but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I had assumed, maybe wrongly, that he wouldn't play for us this season, or indeed again.  Does that update mean that he may appear in the final game as a sub? Time will tell.

It’s been a great season so far but don’t think you will see a goal conceded like yesterday in any league in Scotland this weekend , even amateur football. Jake Carrol looked like he was doing what ATS used to do and switching off at back post, but the ball should never have bounced in first place

Scott wouldn’t have made any difference to that defensive set up .

The ironic part is , if they’d defended that throw in better , they might even have sneaked a draw...mostly down to Gillespie.

1.1m rising to 1.5m with a sell on clause that could potentially net us another 7 figs down the line for a guy with 4 goals in 36 games who regularly gets hooked after 60 mins or gets subbed on and proceeds to give the ball away/blast it over the bar from 30 yards week in week out is excellent business.

14 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

1.1m rising to 1.5m with a sell on clause that could potentially net us another 7 figs down the line for a guy with 4 goals in 36 games who regularly gets hooked after 60 mins or gets subbed on and proceeds to give the ball away/blast it over the bar from 30 yards week in week out is excellent business.

For me it’s a good deal, supporters always think players go too cheaply. When there was talk of Hastie leaving  half a million was quoted as a minimum we should accept on here, what is he worth now ? Rangers might get 50k from a Scottish club maximum.

what an absolutely ridiculous read, we played poorly, it happens, this is a  ground where only Rangers and Aberdeen have come away with a win, Celtic never even managed a win. We know how difficult is to go there and win, yet this divine right that we should have went there and got something still stands, someone mentioned the midfield not been up to scratch against one of the lesser teams, Livi have lost ONE game in the last TEN, won 5 on the bounce at home. they are now 5th, certainly not a lesser team.

Someone else mentioned everyone other than Robinson can see we need a striker, Robinson has made it clear he is after a target man traditional number 9 but he wants the right guy. players come at a premium in January,  folk were suggesting we signed Dykes, Nisbett or Ross Stewart from county on deadline day are absolutely Clueless, if you think that is the market we currently operate in then you are going to be bitterly disappointed. 

I wasn't at the game to comment on the performance, and it certainly sounds though we were rotten, performances like that happen though and I certainly won't be losing my shit like 90% of the people on here, we came back from the break, beat one of the higher championship sides convincingly, beat Aberdeen away from home, got a point against Hibs in a game we really could/should have won. We always knew how difficult this run of fixtures was going to be, and if you were told from Aberdeen, Hibs and Livi you would have 4 points you would probably have taken it, especially when the other teams haven't gained to much ground, Livi aside,  after Celtic, we have a run of fixtures in which we can look to start getting the wins on the board again.

we are 3rd, with a decent tie to get in the last eight of the cup, lighten up.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

what an absolutely ridiculous read, we played poorly, it happens, this is a  ground where only Rangers and Aberdeen have come away with a win, Celtic never even managed a win. We know how difficult is to go there and win, yet this divine right that we should have went there and got something still stands, someone mentioned the midfield not been up to scratch against one of the lesser teams, Livi have lost ONE game in the last TEN, won 5 on the bounce at home. they are now 5th, certainly not a lesser team.

Someone else mentioned everyone other than Robinson can see we need a striker, Robinson has made it clear he is after a target man traditional number 9 but he wants the right guy. players come at a premium in January,  folk were suggesting we signed Dykes, Nisbett or Ross Stewart from county on deadline day are absolutely Clueless, if you think that is the market we currently operate in then you are going to be bitterly disappointed. 

I wasn't at the game to comment on the performance, and it certainly sounds though we were rotten, performances like that happen though and I certainly won't be losing my shit like 90% of the people on here, we came back from the break, beat one of the higher championship sides convincingly, beat Aberdeen away from home, got a point against Hibs in a game we really could/should have won. We always knew how difficult this run of fixtures was going to be, and if you were told from Aberdeen, Hibs and Livi you would have 4 points you would probably have taken it, especially when the other teams haven't gained to much ground, Livi aside,  after Celtic, we have a run of fixtures in which we can look to start getting the wins on the board again.

we are 3rd, with a decent tie to get in the last eight of the cup, lighten up.

Played poorly. WOW we’re you there as that’s some understatement we weren’t poor we were beyond hopeless 

people who paid to watch it have every right to rant away 

16 minutes ago, gilmour said:

Played poorly. WOW we’re you there as that’s some understatement we weren’t poor we were beyond hopeless 

people who paid to watch it have every right to rant away 

If you read on, I mentioned I wasn't there and that we were rotten. Of course, but some of the complete bed wetting on here is ridiculous. Until performances like that become the norm as opposed to the exception I won't lose any sleep over it. Every team in the league is capable of turning in complete dross once in a while, even Celtic and rangers, we are fortunate that it hasn't happened to often to us this season.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:13 PM, Neilwell86 said:

If you read on, I mentioned I wasn't there and that we were rotten. Of course, but some of the complete bed wetting on here is ridiculous. Until performances like that become the norm as opposed to the exception I won't lose any sleep over it. Every team in the league is capable of turning in complete dross once in a while, even Celtic and rangers, we are fortunate that it hasn't happened to often to us this season.

CaNt really comment if you werent there then as you did t see it.