Game 25: Celtic (H) 5th February 2020

Andy_P

Might be different from everyone on here but I am not too bothered about tonight even though I loathe them and once the game starts I will be wanting us to do them. But for me Saturday is far more important. I want all our key players fit and available for St Mirren. If anyone is feeling tired or jaded I would rest them. The last thing we need is a couple of injuries and or a sending off that would weaken us for the weekend.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

If you were a betting man you'd go 3-0 Celtic but I've been a Motherwell supporter long enough to know that often our results are  counter intuitive.  Just the fact that we were so bad against Livingston makes me think we might get something out of this tonight.

Very true. I doubt any 'Well fan would be too surprised if we got something out of tonight's game then lose on Saturday.

4 hours ago, sinjy said:

Might be different from everyone on here but I am not too bothered about tonight even though I loathe them and once the game starts I will be wanting us to do them. But for me Saturday is far more important. I want all our key players fit and available for St Mirren. If anyone is feeling tired or jaded I would rest them. The last thing we need is a couple of injuries and or a sending off that would weaken us for the weekend.

I totally agree that Saturday is more important.  I would rather win the cup than finish 3rd or 4th to be honest as it has been so long since we lifted anything.

Still would love a victory against that mob.

22 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I totally agree that Saturday is more important.  I would rather win the cup than finish 3rd or 4th to be honest as it has been so long since we lifted anything.

Still would love a victory against that mob.

We aren't winning any cups if we roll over to Celtic.

Put down a marker tonight and if and when we get to the stages of the cup were we are playing Rangers and Celtic you have a result at your back.

Otherwise it's going to be the last Cup final all over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Given the doings Rangers and Celtic have handed out at Fir Park since we went 433, I’m surprised that we haven’t went more defensive tonight. I thought we’d have sacrificed a forward for O’Hara or Mugabi. 

We got a doing first game of the season but that was down to simple individual errors on our part and the fact that Celtic were 5 for 5 on chances. I still think it’s our best option.