• Jermaine Hylton
    • Allan Campbell
    • Christopher Long
    • Liam Polworth
    • Rolando Aarons
    • Sherwin Seedorf
    • Ross MacIver
    • Christy Manzinga

In the first half it was Aarons, and I thought Gallagher was strolling it. Then Aarons went off and Gallagher literally strolled it. We were so poor in the 2nd half it would be a stretch to give it to anyone. 

Aarons made their keeper do something, so he can have it.

Rolando was excellent until he was subbed. He looks like he could be a very positive addition to the squad in the way Ariybi was last year. Hopefully he can recover in time for St Mirren on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

While the first half performance was significantly better than Saturday, I’d struggle to give anyone motm over the course of 90 mins.

There is no confidence in our end product, the imbalance in the midfield has caught up with us and the fullbacks are off form, leaving the centre halves horribly exposed. 

Not sure I agree that both fullbacks are off form. Also don’t why Grimshaw gets a lot of stick I think he’s doing fine at right full back. 

Carroll is a decent full back at our level. With a better/more confident player in front of him he would bring a lot more to the table. Hylton is a hard worker who clearly takes on board the managers instructions. But his confidence is so fragile you fear for him every time he gets the ball.  I dont know how you fix that other than the player himself working on his mental strength.

Grimshaw is different. He is a player without a real position trying to do his very best because he is the best option we have there. He does a decent job, but he is not a natural as can be seen every time he gets in a position to cross the ball then cuts back and plays it inside cause he clearly doesnt trust himself to deliver.  He also quite often gets his body shape all wrong when he is actually in a good position to defend, making it easy for the attacker to get the better of him. All that said, he is still a better option than Tait right now which is really disappointing given how good he was for us when he arrived.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I don’t think Grimshaw has any more faults than most of the other players. 

I agree with you …… but he is not a natural defender and his positional play leaves a bit to be desired

Not getting at Grimmy as he gives 110% in every game and as said above he is a better option than Tait

But a back 4 should be a unit and with Grimmy not being a natural defender it can cause problems for others 

I know the game has changed but IMO the first objective of a defender is to defend 

57 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I don’t think Grimshaw has any more faults than most of the other players. 

Did you see his pass in the first minute?

He did well in one on ones last night but the posts above describe his weaknesses. Right back will be one of the easiest positions to upgrade in the summer. Sadly that means Tait has to go. 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Did you see his pass in the first minute?

He did well in one on ones last night but the posts above describe his weaknesses. Right back will be one of the easiest positions to upgrade in the summer. Sadly that means Tait has to go. 

Yes I did and despite that I still think he contributed more than most over the 90 mins