Game 26: St Johnstone (A) 12th February 2020

Andy_P

Don't know what has happened since Accies game, the team has down the stank! Not at game but followed on sky sports live texts. Seemed to foul at every kick, expected them to throw the game away. They could not burst a paper poke and seem to cave in whenever pressed. Oh for a fighting team. 

Ok a bit of calm is needed , we are on a shit run of form just now,3rd defeat in a row, but 26 played and still joint 3rd so no pant wetting required.

Yes we need to stop the rot and get back on track but calm down people, we are in a good position heading into the split and the chase for Europe 

• Like 3

Next 4 games against the bottom 4 teams. We need to get things sorted very quickly and take 3 points from each of these games. ...... then of course Aberdeen at home. With a run in like that we have a chance to almost sew up 3rd place but only if we can actually remember how to play and score again. 

Pathetic performance, downward spiral has been coming since the accies game, wins at Dundee and Aberdeen covered the cracks but the performances have been poor. Too many players look off the boil. Manzinga needs to have a serious look at himself after that shocking dive, beats 2 players but instead of shooting throws himself to the ground.

Not normally one for hysterics after a defeat, but can’t help but look at how far Killie & St Johnstone are behind us never mind Livi and Hibs.....We have been awful since the break...

The sooner Dunne and Turnbull return to add reinforcements the better.

Oh and can we please stop playing with Long and 2 lightweight wingers, just does not work, nobody holds the ball up, nobody to win the ball in the air. Watt must play on Sat, if he’s not fit enough he should play the first 60 mins rather than bring him on.

• Like 2

Next 4 games are vital, but especially the next 2 as we play St Mirren and Accies and the other teams in the top half either play each other or one of the old firm. 

It is not looking likely but 6 points would probably see us back in 3rd with a bit of a gap over Hibs and Livi if results go our way. 

Of course that assumes we can get our shit together. We seemed to have found the knack of grinding out wins without playing that well. Well our luck has run out in that respect. 

I would have had Polworth if for Donnelly based on Saturday. Yes he is lightweight but he is the only real creative player we have in midfield. God what I/we would do to have a fully fit Turnbull in that team....

Shite night all told. 

At the moment our only glimmer of hope is that Watt impresses and gets a run in the team. Given current form 3rd is not realistic and 4th looking increasingly  unlikely. Hopefully we can stagger over the top 6 line. The next few league games against St Mirren and Accies will be anything but easy and we'll do well to pick up a win.  The problem is that most other teams strengthened during the January window and we don't appear to have. 

Just now, supermarv said:

Personally I’d change to a back 3 this weekend with Mugabi coming in playing with Gillespie, Mugabi, Dec, Hartley, Grimmy, Carroll, Donnelly, Polworth, Campbell, Long and Watt (Aarons if Watt isn’t fit). We are becoming too static now and teams are reading us very easily we need to change it up. 

Worth thinking about but perhaps rest the burnt out Campbell and replace him with Ohara. Maybe worth giving young Cornelius some game time? 

bloody hell lose at st j and the negativity on here is ridiculous. we won earlier in season there and we were lucky. there pitch is poor and i was worried before hand of a 2 or 3 reverse. to repeat my mantra the 10 teams outwith the other 2 there is nothing between us all and results will be very unpredictable between now and end of season.  im confident playing st mirren in a season when we are struggling so when we are doing well i am obviously confident and when we win next 2 games everything will again be rosy. i know we are also struggling last few games but robinsons determination to succeed plus gallagher.polworth.donnelly and to a lesser extent long makes us favourites and rightly so. 

• Like 1