Game 26: St Johnstone (A) 12th February 2020

Andy_P

St Johnstone looked like scoring with every attack on wednesday night, Donnelly was so far off the pace it was unbelievable, everything he touched led to a foul, his passing was very slack as well. Campbell still seems a bit burnt out but I don't think we can drop him and Donnelly cause we would completely lose bite in the middle of the park. St johnstone are so street smart it's ridiculous, they know how to win fouls at literally every single touch. I don't even know why I bothered going because it was a terrible watch. Every team has a stutter, this is ours, now it's time to stand up and show why we are in the position we are, We haven't become a bad team overnight. 

My team on saturday would be; 

Gillespie

Gallagher Hartley Mugabi

Aarons                                             Carroll

Campbell Polworth O'hara

Watt   Long

Watt done well when he came on, won us some corners that we had no right to win, few slack touches but done well enough for me. Whether or not he is fit is a different question but Long needs someone up top with.

Cowan will always have his place.  I think it was Dunfermline we were 2-0 down to at half-time in one of the relegation battles of the mid-late eighties that Stevie had his starring role. There were a few games to go so it wasn't do or die but a win for the Pars would have put them in a strong position and us in real bother.  I think Cowan got a double in the second half as we came back to win 3-2 and it seemed to knock the stuffing right out Dunfermline. We beat Morton, who were already pretty much doomed, the following week and didn't look back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Cowan will always have his place.  I think it was Dunfermline we were 2-0 down to at half-time in one of the relegation battles of the mid-late eighties that Stevie had his starring role. There were a few games to go so it wasn't do or die but a win for the Pars would have put them in a strong position and us in real bother.  I think Cowan got a double in the second half as we came back to win 3-2 and it seemed to knock the stuffing right out Dunfermline. We beat Morton, who were already pretty much doomed, the following week and didn't look back.

I remember hearing that Tommy McLean's half time team talk during the Dunfermline game was along the lines of" imagine how your families are going to cope next season, when we are in the First Division and you are unemployed." Brutal, but seemed to do the trick.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:21 PM, Spiderpig said:

Fat and round and worth a million  pounds....great player 

20200214_121842.jpg

Mention of Stevie Cowan inspired me to get scribbling for the first time in a wee while about our eighties hero... https://andrewpatersonblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/hes-fat-hes-round-hes-worth-a-million-pounds/  Hope you don't mind, I nabbed your image Spiderpig to use in the article. :thumbup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

Mention of Stevie Cowan inspired me to get scribbling for the first time in a wee while about our eighties hero... https://andrewpatersonblog.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/hes-fat-hes-round-hes-worth-a-million-pounds/  Hope you don't mind, I nabbed your image Spiderpig to use in the article. :thumbup:

Not at  all,  :D

• Like 1