Game 27: St Mirren (H) 15th February 2020

Kmcalpin

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Looking at our limited options Id stick with 4-3-3

Gillespie

Grimshaw Gallagher Hartley Carroll

OHara Polworth Donnelly

Aarons Watt Hylton

Looks reasonable given injuries, however I'd go with Campbell in for Grimshaw and play OHara a RB.

Lets hope Watt can hold the ball up, win the odd header and stick one in the back of the net.  

11 minutes ago, superward said:

He's done his ankle and looks like he is out for the season.  So, you could argue we would have  been in the same position but without a million quid in the bank.

He wouldn't have done his ankle in Hull if he was training with us, though.

2 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Your alluding that Scott could not get  injured training with Motherwell

Think Craig Tanner would beg to differ 

Anyone can get injured at any time.

Saying that Scott would be injured if he was still at Fir Park makes no sense though.

I wonder what Ndjoli's injury is?

I'm not suggesting that Watt will be the answer to all our problems and will be the Messiah but where would we be had we not signed him? Some signings succeed some don't but without him we'd have even less attacking options. Mistakes have been made in our recruitment of strikers this season. It will be interesting who actually plays up front tomorrow. A chance for someone to really stake their claim now that Long is out.

Giving how our options are upfront,our midfield are going to need to take more of a gamble at the right time and get into the box to help with the burden of getting goals.now would be a great time if donnolly could find his shooting boots again.

Just now, mfc said:

Giving how our options are upfront,our midfield are going to need to take more of a gamble at the right time and get into the box to help with the burden of getting goals.now would be a great time if donnolly could find his shooting boots again.

Problem is that our midfield is relatively inexperienced, as St Johnstone demonstrated midweek, and are liable to make the wrong decisions at critical times. As Johnny 71 says it's not a good forecast for tomorrow but still slightly better than last Saturday. Given that forecast I hope, if we win the toss, that we'll opt to face the Knowetop end in the first half. 

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not suggesting that Watt will be the answer to all our problems and will be the Messiah but where would we be had we not signed him? Some signings succeed some don't but without him we'd have even less attacking options. Mistakes have been made in our recruitment of strikers this season. 

He's Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy) 

Flow on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/Alan_Burrows/status/1228634049507405825

The pitch is wet, but playable as it stands. It has been spiked during the week & lying open to try & mitigate the volume of rain. However, the forecast is for very heavy wind/rain, which could make things difficult. No inspection planned atm, but if that changes, I’ll update...

If its game on then, for me:

Donnelly out, Polworth in

Long out, Watt in

Ive  been  a fan of Donnelly for the most part since the summer. But, a few mistakes have creeped back into his game that he seemed to have got over in the first half of the season. I'd be inclined to drop him and get Polworth back in for some creativity. However, I'm probably 50/50 on that to be fait

Watt in for Long seems the best bet. 

Not sure any other changes, or formation changes would be on the cards for me.

Really need to get the cup game on given the next round is next Saturday!

Otherwise we will be playing the replay next Saturday and potentially the quarter final the following midweek!