Game 27: St Mirren (H) 15th February 2020

Kmcalpin

'Flow saying that the Champions League games mean ours will not have a live (private) video stream on MFC TV tonight.

Doubly annoying because it's a home game we paid for in our annual subscription.

I get the Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest on my ESPN+ service, though, so that's OK <_<

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

'Flow saying that the Champions League games mean ours will not have a live (private) video stream on MFC TV tonight.

Doubly annoying because it's a home game we paid for in our annual subscription.

I get the Cardiff City v Nottingham Forest on my ESPN+ service, though, so that's OK <_<

Seems pretty unfair given the circumstances in that it's a rescheduled game and the original match would have been fine.

The Uefa objection /agreement only applies to games from a country's top division. so that's why the Cardiff game can be broadcast. It's also why lower league games are actively scheduled when Champions League games are on, so Sky have midweek football to broadcast down South. having lost European games to BT.  Sky do sometimes broadcast top flight or cup games on Champions League game days but either Sky or EPL are happy to pay the fine that goes with that breaking of the rules. The power of television money and viewing figures it seems,

Our wee League could allow broadcasts but as they have no money to pay the fines then that is a non starter. It would be interesting to see what would happen if a Rangers v Celtic clash was unavoidable during Champions Leage game time.

10 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The EPL flouts the broadcast rule too - they just pay the fine and UEFA looks the other way.

The bigger point is that for streaming outside of Europe, there shouldn't even need to be a rule.

I agree totally. Just shows that only rich Associations  have the funds to get round the agreement. I think it has also happened in Spain and Italy, maybe France. The terms enable EPL/Sky to show what they like. when they like. Fines to them mean bugger all. Good point re outside Europe. Maybe that's a technical issue MFC could look at for you guys.

I think,  unfortunately, a side-effect of the restriction is that BBC Scotland (and the other broadcasters) don't cover the game. Or if they do, it's one camera highlights.

So there isn't a stream the club can use for MFC TV.  They do film it themselves for the coaching staff, so in theory they could stream that live. I guess that is just too much of a hassle in these situations.

9 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

New commentator must be a bit nervous, he's just said it's nil nil twice in the first ten seconds

He keeps saying "bye kick" as well. I thought it was only old people like me that said that instead of "goal kick".

And he obviously didn't know who took the pen.

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

He keeps saying "bye kick" as well. I thought it was only old people like me that said that instead of "goal kick".

And he obviously didn't know who took the pen.

Have there been any shys ??

• Haha 1