Game 27: St Mirren (H) 15th February 2020

Kmcalpin

Well, or not well! It really looks like this team is just not comfortable in the top three since we're now unable to string a decent score in recent games, and we sure can't get any points from the OF. So just wonder where they've set their level of a successful season at. Clearly all the others are aiming for third, but I get the impression we get nosebleeds thinking about that.

We "dominate" without actually doing anything in the first half, run out of ideas at halftime, and get hammered in the second half. What is wrong with us?

Whoever finishes third is going to be the shitest team to ever do it, unless it ends up being st Johnstone or something since no one else wants it.

Just now, postiejim said:

We’re not going to make the top 6 on this form never mind Europe, when was the last time we won a match ?  

Aberdeen 9 games ago. Weve gone from 19 points clear of 7th to I think 9 clear in 6 games. Disgraceful. We could be the only team ever to get 40+ points and miss out on top 6

Worst second half of a game I’ve seen for a long time, won zero second balls, passing was amateurish at best, didn’t work the keeper once in the second half, game plan must have been to sit in and look second best, absolutely embarrassing, think we are very lucky we are past the 40 point mark or we would be in serious trouble.....

4 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Do you want Robinson sacked ?

I wouldnt say sack him...... yet. But he needs to buck his ideas up

To be honest Robinson AND Burrows need a fucking rocket under them. Both have transpired to ruin a promising season in the short sighted search of a cheap pound

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shaka said:

Do you think 0 wins in 9 games is acceptable?

Just asking given that line has been posted a couple of times now. If you would like him sacked just come out and say it, personally I think any talk of sacking him is plain crazy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Just asking given that line has been posted a couple of times now. If you would like him sacked just come out and say it, personally I think any talk of sacking him is plain crazy.

There is Zero chance of it happening cause his pal wont sack him. And even if he did it would be Las in so exact same thing. 

However, I just pointed out that our run is shocking, and as football is a results business, the heat really should be on Robbo. The thing this season is, we now dont have a cup run to hide how fucking horrendous we are in the league. 

The big question for me is, how do we change it? No matter which players we play, our Midfield is weak, Attack is impotent and Full Backs are horrific defensively. 

Dismal performance that was worse than the Cup match.

We were the 'better' team and 'dominated' the first half but I've put commas round those words because while they are true it's also misleading.  Our domination was more down to St Mirren being completely pish and being unable to clear their lines.  We must have had about 10 corners and got nothing off any of them and if it hadn't been for the penalty this would have been another game we failed to score in.  I don't remember Hladky having a serious save to make in the whole match while at the other end St Mirren looked dangerous on the odd occasion they got forward due to the huge amounts of space down our side, especially on Tait's flank.

Second half started as it meant to go on, giving away a stupidly bad goal.  We looked absolutely bereft in every area of the field.  Defence was terrible, midfield hopeless and up front there was absolutely nothing.

Aaron was far from perfect tonight but he looked like the only player that has even a hint of the ability you should need to be playing at this level.

Overall, I'm watching that performance and those players and it's very hard to see when the next goal is coming, never mind the next win.

Don't know what has gone with this team, they have lost all semblance of a team that can win, there is something wrong somewhere. Seems to have all gone wrong since the manager's troubke in Edinburgh. My wife has supported the team forever but she has become so discouraged with them, she is seriously considering giving up and that is saying something considering the dross that has happened before.

Absolutely no threat up front even when we’re on top , good to see Turnbull back but when you look at the bench apart from Dunne coming back we’ve got nothing . Certainly not calling for anyone’s head though, no danger will we sack Robbo, it’s a fine line when you sell your best young players to keep the club going and replace them with has beens and never beens .

Robbo is more than meeting his remit (don't get relegated and sell as many players as we can) and is in no danger of losing his job.

It feels weird being down on the team considering where we are in the league, but our total capitulation since Christmas has been terrible to watch. 

• Like 1