Jump to content

real dosser

? Game on.

Recommended Posts

Is there going to be a pitch inspection today or do we just assume  the game is on until told differently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows. One of the best kept secrets. 
That said I have just seen a tweet from the club advertising the game.  
Truth is that the forecast for next few days / weekend / next week is little better than now so I expect the game to go ahead even if it ends up ruining our lovely pitch :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just trying to organise a baby sitter so it better be on. :lol:

 

Burrows has said on twitter no plans for a pitch inspection early on this morning, but they’d have a look when they got in.

Dry just now, and forecast to be dry for the game. Looks like it’s likely to rain at some point this afternoon though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully our excellent pitch can hold up to the abuse it may get through foul weather and usage when it is holding a lot of water. It really is aource of some pride for me, that our club has invested in providing one of the finest playing surfaces in the country.

I really do enjoy seeing footage of matches from the 1970s and 80s though. By mid season, pitches resemble the Somme battlefield. The fact that players back in the day were able to play on them is a testament to both their fortitude and skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m just trying to organise a baby sitter so it better be on. :lol:

 

Burrows has said on twitter no plans for a pitch inspection early on this morning, but they’d have a look when they got in.

Dry just now, and forecast to be dry for the game. Looks like it’s likely to rain at some point this afternoon though.

He said that on Saturday aswell, look what hapened there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m just trying to organise a baby sitter so it better be on. :lol:

If you've got a sitter, worst case you can still go to the pub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The African said:

Hopefully our excellent pitch can hold up to the abuse it may get through foul weather and usage when it is holding a lot of water. It really is aource of some pride for me, that our club has invested in providing one of the finest playing surfaces in the country.

I really do enjoy seeing footage of matches from the 1970s and 80s though. By mid season, pitches resemble the Somme battlefield. The fact that players back in the day were able to play on them is a testament to both their fortitude and skill.

What I find even more pleasing is when you compare it to the surface at Ibrox, which right now is a disgrace. same with Tynecastle, they are a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently the weather in Glasgow is atrocious . Probably just as bad, if not worse than Saturday. I can’t make it tonight and part of me is glad as watching games in this kind of weather is not fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saturday, whilst wild and torrential at least had warm air. That wind right now will cut you in two. Its a proper wrap up in 15 layers night tonight.

As long as we are still in the cup by the end of the evening however, who gives a fuck.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am in EK as well and the weather is fine, doesn't look too windy, rain is off for now. don't doubt for a second it's cold right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, claretband said:

Just reading "Live *audio* commentary for all users - no video FFS!!?

If it's not on the telly, we can't get a stream as it's the TV stream we use.

(I'm also not sure what our deal is regarding Cup games anyway. The only guarantee is that we show all home league games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Well-Made said:

Not the clubs fault there is no stream.

What a stupid rule. I mind at Hampden too they couldn’t use the big screens as that was live broadcasting except only people there could see them Doh 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is fucking outrageous. They want us to watch RB Leipzig instead of the team we ACTUALLY FUCKING SUPPORT. 

 

I am beyond scunnered with modern football.

 

Edit - Man City vs West Ham is on a CL night. Do they just not give a fuck? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints fan here guys, what's the weather like through their? 

Our forums full of drama queens, running around, holding their skirts up screaming "rain/snow/hurricane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wee bit damp but ok. I can see lights from here looks ok to me. Better than last time we met . C u there.

Im sure we will open more than four turnstyles for yous

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Edit - Man City vs West Ham is on a CL night. Do they just not give a fuck? 

I think they either get special dispensation, or they just take the fine.

Happened before, but can't remember the circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Richie said:

I think they either get special dispensation, or they just take the fine.

Happened before, but can't remember the circumstances.

The English Leagues do it all the time now, even to the extent that I've seen League One games being broadcast live on Euro nights.

As far as I know, they just pay the fine (which is insignificant compared to the TV money they receive).

It used to be even worse. The old rule used to be you couldn't even play a game on a Euro night, never mind broadcast it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stv said:

wee bit damp but ok. I can see lights from here looks ok to me. Better than last time we met . C u there.

Im sure we will open more than four turnstyles for yous

Thanks mate, not see me, up here in Arbroath, settling down for Champions League and watching Bet 365 for the scores.

FWIW can't see us winning in normal time, ET and penalties is our best bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×