St Mirren Man of the Match (Scottish Cup Replay)

Andy_P

St Mirren Man of the Match (Scottish Cup Replay)   

40 members have voted

1. 1. St Mirren Man of the Match

• Mark Gillespie
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Jake Carroll
    • Peter Hartley
    • Bevis Mugabe
    • Liam Donnelly
    • Ross MacIver
    • Allan Campbell
    • Tony Watt
    • Liam Polworth
    • Rolando Aaron
    • Mark O'Hara
    • Richard Tait
    • Jermaine Hylton
    • Christy Manzinga

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year.

Mentions for Donnelly who was excellent at centre half. Tait who looked back to his old self and must start Saturday. Watt, who grew into the game and showed that he may indeed have something to offer us. Hylton, Aarons and Grimshaw all had decent second halves.

Maybe playing everyone in their right positions will catch on?

• Like 1

We can’t afford to keep giving Mugabe and Manzinga minutes in big games. 

Donnelly should partner Gallagher now until Dunne is back fit. 

Glad we gave McIvor the start last night given the options. Hopefully Long can come back in there against Hamilton though. 

O’Hara and Tait should also start at the weekend.  

10 minutes ago, gee said:

We can’t afford to keep giving Mugabe and Manzinga minutes in big games. 

Donnelly should partner Gallagher now until Dunne is back fit. 

Glad we gave McIvor the start last night given the options. Hopefully Long can come back in there against Hamilton though. 

O’Hara and Tait should also start at the weekend.  

I thought Maciver done well last night, his error for the second (shouldn't have been there in the first place) but he never let his head drop, wee bit light weight but won a few knock ons, like yourself glad he was given the nod ahead of seedorf or Manzinga.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

If gallagher fit then I would go a back 3 of him Donnelly and Tait......have o'hara,  Polworth and Campbell in middle with grimshaw and Aaron's wide and long (if fit) and watt up front......seemples

this is the team I text my pal, I don't think watt will be fit though so maybe Maciver again?

on another note, where is semple, wasn't in the reserve squad the other day, or on our bench last night? I was surprised to Manzinga on the bench never mind come on after perth.

10 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year.

I couldn't have put it better myself.

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Mark O'Hara by a country mile. He has consistently been our best midfielder since the winter break and should never have been dropped tonight. He was an absolute standout when he came on and allowed everyone else to up their game. We should be offering this boy a pre-contract right now to get him signed up for next year

No chance of that happening as remember we have no money and cant afford to sign anyone!!! Ba boom

If we get rid of Hylton and seedorf and use their wages for o'hara it's a great bit of business

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

No chance of that happening as remember we have no money and cant afford to sign anyone!!! Ba boom

If we get rid of Hylton and seedorf and use their wages for o'hara it's a great bit of business

We are currently paying him a wage. Boy is quoted as saying he loves it here and would be receptive to staying long term so I dont think he would be that difficult to deal with.

4 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

We are currently paying him a wage. Boy is quoted as saying he loves it here and would be receptive to staying long term so I dont think he would be that difficult to deal with.

I know, I was being sarcastic.    We just always seem to play the we have no money card.     O'Hara would be a great signing and needs a run of games

• Like 1