Game 28: Hamilton Accies (A) 22nd February 2020

Andy_P

YThe fact that the pie stalls were closed 10 mins into the 2nd half with loads of stuff left says it all about what our fans think of the way Accies treat us.

I hope they lost  a fuckin fortune today.

How they survive on the gates they get is a mystery to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, santheman said:

They don't survive on gates - they get a huge wad from the council to rent out those offices in the stand.

I used to joke that there was also some tax dodging/money laundering going on too, but the more you read about the strange deals they do to land huge sponsorships with weird sponsors (with such small advertising exposure) the more I believe there is something sketchy going on.

The "missing" £800k (or whatever the exact figure was) just adds to my suspicions.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gaz7 said:

we only had 1200 which for a derby is piss poor. i feel some well fans now are expecting victory all the time and look for any excuse not to go. i dont want to criticize people who dont go as there are many reasons usually cost but i have saw today people even going to lower league english games other than a game against our local rivals?  personally i dont get it.

I did not go yesterday, nothing to do with expecting victory but a mix of their pricing policy, the plastic pitch, and the weather. I’m pretty much of the opinion now though that I won’t return while Accies continue to rip off Well supporters ( especially families) with a cat A classification which I think is totally out of order. But then we are also not returning to Livingstone either until those running Scottish football get real and ban their abomination of a playing surface. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gaz7 said:

we only had 1200 which for a derby is piss poor. i feel some well fans now are expecting victory all the time and look for any excuse not to go. i dont want to criticize people who dont go as there are many reasons usually cost but i have saw today people even going to lower league english games other than a game against our local rivals?  personally i dont get it.

I've been a regular attendee at most away games outside of old firm and Aberdeen,  until recently. Everyone has their own price point but £25 quid to watch us v hamilton, on that pitch, in those conditions was just too much for me. Nowt to do with expecting victory...I've been to plenty of games knowing that's not on the cards! 

I'm also pretty non plussed about the whole rivalry thing. I know it's a derby but it doesn't personally give me the feelings it seems to others. Maybe because of Accies haven't been  in the same league as us for the majority of the time I've been watching us since early 90s. Just dont see it as a fierce derby day to be honest.

• Like 1

Airdrie are our big rivals. Until they comeback we dont really have a proper derby.

I love the fact that Accies have actually only beaten us 1/9 on that pitch though, considering how gash we are on it!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

As someone has mentioned it will end up costing them £20,000 + as a result this season. No doubt this decision has backfired on them.

I would say that its cost them something like £40-45K this season (£20K per game).  Many of us would like to see their accounts but thats never going to happen. I believe that is because their turnover is below a certain figure, and as such, like St Johnstone, they are not obliged to pubish their accounts. Maybe some accountants on here could clarify that?

As to the game itself, I've just watched the brief highlights and again some of defending was very poor. Fortunately, unlike St Mirren, Accies are toothless up front.  I didn't see a lot in Long's 2nd yellow card.  A foul yes, but more clumsy that anything else. A yellow card? Maybes yes, maybes no. You'll see similar tackles go uncarded.  I think he was fristrated by Accies' aggressive" defending which was a feature of the highlights.  On that subject Hunt was extremely fortunate not to be red carded for his far worse effort earlier. These borderline refereeing decisions going against us just now are simply adding to our plentiful self inflicted woes. 

Each to their own, but I personally dont get the upset about the £25 entry fee. It isn't really much more than any other away fixture.

Yes, I disagree with the notion that they are charging us more when they should be trying to get as many bums on seats as possible for the derby.... but for comparison, we are charging away fans £24 for a category B fixture!! And £30 for a category A.

Is it the shitty pitch, the fact its accies, or the fact it's considered a category A fixture? 

Not meaning to come across as condescending or anything - football is overpriced. But all things considered just not getting what the fuss is about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfc88 said:

Each to their own, but I personally dont get the upset about the £25 entry fee. It isn't really much more than any other away fixture.

Yes, I disagree with the notion that they are charging us more when they should be trying to get as many bums on seats as possible for the derby.... but for comparison, we are charging away fans £24 for a category B fixture!! And £30 for a category A.

Is it the shitty pitch, the fact its accies, or the fact it's considered a category A fixture? 

Not meaning to come across as condescending or anything - football is overpriced. But all things considered just not getting what the fuss is about.

Aye , its the shitty pitch and its my opinion that everyone else should be boycotting them Killie and Livi until they do the right thing and get rid of them.

Dont blame them for making us Cat A , we were filling the place and the young team were showing regular displays of over exhuberance , their security bill for our games mustve been on a par if not in excess of what they need for the Old Firm

27 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

For me the Cat A and Pitch

19 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

I didn’t know we were charging £30 for some fixtures...take it it’s Old firm , who else?

Thats excesssive imo. If people are taking families , it’s hard to justify, don’t know what they charge for kids?

i went yesterday but it wasnt  enjoyable, would have helped if we kept 11 players on pitch....Maybe Chris Long needs to think about the punters spending their money in the freezing cold , before throwing toys out of the pram 

Sonetimes have sympathy for players getting sent off for two hard tackles etc but looked like he couldn’t wait to get off.

£25 to watch football on a plastic pitch isn’t on.

51 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

I dont euther think its the £25 adult cost its the £15 for all under 18s so if say one adult and 2 schoolage kids go it is £55 in total when we charge for same people as shown earlier £28 or £34.  I know it is up to individual clubs what they charge but from what is seen on social media most chief execs get on with one another so why are prices for games not similar. 

Aye ok. Just looked and fair enough, kiddies/ families are pretty good value at fir park. I've no kids so it's not something I ever pay much attention to tbh.

Category A at Fir park I assume is just celtic and rangers as they're the only clubs that will fill the south stand. I'd hope we are doing what we can to get every other club to bring as many as possible. Juvenile and family ticket is decent price tbf.

Screenshot_20200223-133945_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Airdrie are our big rivals. Until they comeback we dont really have a proper derby.

You'll have a long wait.  If we (rightly) consider Sevco to not be Rangers, there is even less reason to consider newClydebank to be Airdrie. We have zero history with the 2002 Airdrie United club and that outfit have never been rivals.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, santheman said:

YThe fact that the pie stalls were closed 10 mins into the 2nd half with loads of stuff left says it all about what our fans think of the way Accies treat us.

I hope they lost  a fuckin fortune today.

The pie stalls must stay open.

21 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I didn’t know we were charging £30 for some fixtures...take it it’s Old firm , who else?

Thats excesssive imo. If people are taking families , it’s hard to justify, don’t know what they charge for kids?

i went yesterday but it wasnt  enjoyable, would have helped if we kept 11 players on pitch....Maybe Chris Long needs to think about the punters spending their money in the freezing cold , before throwing toys out of the pram 

Sonetimes have sympathy for players getting sent off for two hard tackles etc but looked like he couldn’t wait to get off.

£25 to watch football on a plastic pitch isn’t on.

Going to contradict myself a bit here, Posted this before I saw highlights , although was at game.

It did look a booking from stand.After viewing second booking on highlights, was it really that bad?

Maybe could say don’t go in for those tackles when on a booking but if he’s not tackling he’s going to be accused of not trying.Long does come across as a bit Petulant  at times , so that doesn’t help . Also the fact it was in front of Hamilton dug out. Stupid first booking though.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, joewarkfanclub said:

I love the fact that Accies have actually only beaten us 1/9 on that pitch though, considering how gash we are on it!

Airdrie died... Clydebank don't really offend me to be honest.

• Haha 1

Just to chip in on the Long bookings...

The first was very much deserved IMO, the whistle had gone and a length of time had passed that it would be "unacceptable" to kick the ball. It wasn't as if he was travelling quickly toward the ball or in the backswing of a kick.

second I had no issues with either.

Those hounding him out the door are wild, the second is probably a booking but I don't think there much in it, He tries to win back possession and is a bit late, it's not as though he has absolutely flew in to the challenge at any great pace or anything. Maybe a silly tackle to make in the grand scheme of things but you seem them go unpunished multiple times in a game.

The boy Hunt's tackle on Aarons has went relatively unmentioned, that is a wild challenge, a sending off every day of the week, late, reckless, our of control, at speed, doesn't win the ball, anything else?

• Like 2