Tony Watt.- High Praise

livivoice

For a guy who came to us with a reputation of being moody and unreliable I feel he deserves great credit for his last 2 performances. 

Against St Mirren he gave his all for 120 mns and yesterday ran his socks off despite his lone striker role following Long's shall I say ' indiscretion' .

Have also been impressed by his deftness of touch , imagination and creativity. Not bad either when heading.

Early days I know but I see in his play a likeness to Ciftci and ( whisper it) Cobra Coyne .

If he can sustain his early promise together with improved fitness I feel Watt could be a major influence in our drive for Europe.

• Like 3

I have to hold my hands up here too.

I scoffed at talk of signing him and thought he would be a waste of space and possibly disrupt the dressing room.

However, his attitude appears to be good and the early signs are promising.

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

For a guy who came to us with a reputation of being moody and unreliable I feel he deserves great credit for his last 2 performances. 

Against St Mirren he gave his all for 120 mns and yesterday ran his socks off despite his lone striker role following Long's shall I say ' indiscretion' .

Have also been impressed by his deftness of touch , imagination and creativity. Not bad either when heading.

Early days I know but I see in his play a likeness to Ciftci and ( whisper it) Cobra Coyne .

If he can sustain his early promise together with improved fitness I feel Watt could be a major influence in our drive for Europe.

I didn't see him yesterday but you're right. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit playing with Long and Turnbull in a 4-4-2 or similar formation..

I like the look of him, I hoped he'd come fit in and do what we need him to. He looks like he has done. Seems to have got invovled in the whole "Motherwell thing" anaw if you know what I mean, appreciates the fans etc. I know that's just how players have to be but I like he shows it. Fickle eh?

A few goals and hold the ball up and I'd take it from there.

• Andy_P changed the title to Tony Watt.- High Praise
  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, GazzyB said:

I always thought he was a wee ned but I couldn't have been more wrong. Hope we extend his contract.

To be fair, I think he was a wee ned. But, like most folk, he grew up eventually. Hopefully he's arrived with us just as he hits his playing prime.