Jump to content

livivoice

Tony Watt.- High Praise

Recommended Posts

For a guy who came to us with a reputation of being moody and unreliable I feel he deserves great credit for his last 2 performances. 

Against St Mirren he gave his all for 120 mns and yesterday ran his socks off despite his lone striker role following Long's shall I say ' indiscretion' .

Have also been impressed by his deftness of touch , imagination and creativity. Not bad either when heading.

Early days I know but I see in his play a likeness to Ciftci and ( whisper it) Cobra Coyne .

If he can sustain his early promise together with improved fitness I feel Watt could be a major influence in our drive for Europe.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to hold my hands up here too.

I scoffed at talk of signing him and thought he would be a waste of space and possibly disrupt the dressing room.

However, his attitude appears to be good and the early signs are promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed how much he talked MacIver through the St Mirren game the other night. Maybe he can use his experience to develop our younger players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, livivoice said:

For a guy who came to us with a reputation of being moody and unreliable I feel he deserves great credit for his last 2 performances. 

Against St Mirren he gave his all for 120 mns and yesterday ran his socks off despite his lone striker role following Long's shall I say ' indiscretion' .

Have also been impressed by his deftness of touch , imagination and creativity. Not bad either when heading.

Early days I know but I see in his play a likeness to Ciftci and ( whisper it) Cobra Coyne .

If he can sustain his early promise together with improved fitness I feel Watt could be a major influence in our drive for Europe.

I didn't see him yesterday but you're right. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit playing with Long and Turnbull in a 4-4-2 or similar formation..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, a fair few fans from his previous clubs have said he would likely start really well then lose interest. Which is obviously ideal for us given he's only on a short term deal, but we'll see what transpires after that I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of him, I hoped he'd come fit in and do what we need him to. He looks like he has done. Seems to have got invovled in the whole "Motherwell thing" anaw if you know what I mean, appreciates the fans etc. I know that's just how players have to be but I like he shows it. Fickle eh?

A few goals and hold the ball up and I'd take it from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed the boy has done good since he arrived.  Visions of him having the same application as his cousin Luke.  Hopefully he has finally found a home and we can capitalize on his obvious talent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought he was a wee ned but I couldn't have been more wrong. Hope we extend his contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, GazzyB said:

I always thought he was a wee ned but I couldn't have been more wrong. Hope we extend his contract.

To be fair, I think he was a wee ned. But, like most folk, he grew up eventually. Hopefully he's arrived with us just as he hits his playing prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David said:

To be fair, I think he was a wee ned. But, like most folk, he grew up eventually. Hopefully he's arrived with us just as he hits his playing prime.

You may be giving some people way too much credit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye I've been really impressed with Watt so far. I'd imagine the chances of us ever actually seeing it are slim but a front two of him and Long with a fully fit Turnbull behind them sounds very fucking promising.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saying that, his Twitch FIFA shenanigans have been more prevalent than his on-field stuff so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×