Game 29: Ross County (H) 4th March 2020

GazzyB

Apart from Hartley losing his man for their goal, that was a tremendous performance. How many times did Alan Campbell pop up in and around the box ?

My only criticism is that both Aarons and Hylton lack end product, but, having said that, both got on the ball a lot tonight.

Great performance.  Long so unlucky not to score and ran himself into the ground. 

Ship steadied. Alan Campbell ran the show but can anyone tell me what they see in Aarons?

Didn’t see his goal. He’s enthusiastic but can’t seem to beat a man overruns the ball all the time and can’t cross from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much in the way of negatives tonight, I thought we were pretty solid after their goal.

Long was an absolute pest all night, and the midfield 3 all put in a great shift. Campbell has that knack of getting into position to score, and he looked back to his old self. Watt's finish for the 4th was excellent.

Aarons and Hylton were fine, but they have nothing to aim for when they are in a position to cross.

Results went our way to a degree again, so maybe we are destined for that 3rd spot.

Got to be happy with that result. Hopefully that is us back on track and we can continue to pick up points from the tougher matches before the split. Aberdeen game looking crucial but a tough trip to Swinecastle before then, so lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We started terrible, we'd already made a couple of bad mistakes before Ross County scored in 2 minutes.  And we looked shapeless until we got a break with the ball falling to O'Hara for the equaliser.

After that you could see the team fill with confidence and Campbell and O'Hara were excellent and dominated the midfield.  Campbell in particular was fantastic, tonight must be up there as one of his best performances.

Tonight showed who we should be building the team around.

Watt did well when he came on as well.

• Thanks 1

Miles better tonight and a much needed 3 pts.  Campbell outstanding but I also like O'Hara and would like him signed. Now i know i give Hylton a hard time but he was better tonight but both him and Aaron's need to provide better crosses.  Long very good again but jeez he is mr grumpy, the scouse skippy!! Heh he...COYW

Strange to say but losing the early goal seemed to inject a resolve in us and County did not kick on.  Long was excellent and just a pity he didn’t get a goal for himself.   Donnelly has been good all season but O’hara has a similar defensive input and bit more attacking threat.  

great performance with campbell back to what he does best.ohara also good and long dangerous.  we played some really gd stuff tonight and could have scored a few more.  ross county were overran which i wasnt expecting. big games all the way now for an exciting league run in.

10 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

great performance with campbell back to what he does best.ohara also good and long dangerous.  we played some really gd stuff tonight and could have scored a few more.  ross county were overran which i wasnt expecting. big games all the way now for an exciting league run in.

That’s probably our biggest issue right now ...... not turning our dominance into goals and although we scored 4 tonight it took us a while so nice to see us not collapse in the second half 

• Like 1

Game of 2 halves again. Awful start with Hartley  losing  his man.
 O Hara managed to poke home from close range to take us in level.  HT 

County content to sit and hit on the break in 2nd half but also changed formation and shape and suddenly we werent creating as much,  combined with poor choices and final balls it was a bit  huff n puff though  it was only a matter of time.
So it was with Campbell rifling home after some superb play with the ball striking the crossbar before coming out to Him to convert. 
The 3rd was lovely and Long played a wonderful cutback for Campbell to tap in despite having just earlier squandering a chance by not passing and shooting off target  much to the pain of the Goalside microphone that got volleyed  

Watt added the Icing in AET 

Good result and good to steady the ship but no bones county are poor. However we are not great at home so il take it as we are a better countering team so more suited away. But we will need better decisions and finishing against better opposition.

20 minutes ago, ropy said:

Hylton, for one so skilful, he has no game awareness, no concept of where his team mates are or how to get the ball to them

In fairness that could have been said about most of them before tonight and possibly still about Polworth and Hartley. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, gilmour said:

Game of 2 halves again. Awful start with Hartley  losing  his man.
 O Hara managed to poke home from close range to take us in level.  HT 

County content to sit and hit on the break in 2nd half but also changed formation and shape and suddenly we werent creating as much,  combined with poor choices and final balls it was a bit  huff n puff though  it was only a matter of time.
So it was with Campbell rifling home after some superb play with the ball striking the crossbar before coming out to Him to convert. 
The 3rd was lovely and Long played a wonderful cutback for Campbell to tap in despite having just earlier squandering a chance by not passing and shooting off target  much to the pain of the Goalside microphone that got volleyed  

Watt added the Icing in AET 

Good result and good to steady the ship but no bones county are poor. However we are not great at home so il take it as we are a better countering team so more suited away. But we will need better decisions and finishing against better opposition.

Minor point but we went in 2-1 up at half time 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

You can't be serious about Polworth. He didn't waste a pass all night and played two absolutely superb through balls, the 2nd of which was probably the pass of the season.

Seriously he couldn’t find a Fish in a Barrel in the first half 

• Andy_P changed the title to Game 29: Ross County (H) 4th March 2020