Game 30: Hearts (A) 7th March 2020

Andy_P

With Aberdeen playing hibs, 3 points would be absolutely massive here. Livi playing away from home as well.

Not much choice but to field the same lineup that started last night. Unless we can somehow play both long and watt? Don't see it myself but both showed their ability on wed - long was class and some finish from watt.

Cant decide whether or not I'd settle for a point now, given hearts' recent rejuvenation.

3 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Same formation, Watt in for Hylton, Aarons on the left, Long on the right. Alternatively 3-5-2 with Tait, Gallagher & Hartley, Grimshaw, Campbell, Ohara, Polworth & Aarons, Long & Watt.

I’d take a draw now......

I like the front 3 idea.  Maybe at the start or maybe to mix it up a bit in second half.  As mentioned with recent Hearts results a draw would be decent but I’ll go for us winning 3 to1. If any wants to give me a few quid I’ll put a bet on it. 

Not a ground that has many happy memories for me. Hearts have shown an improvement of late, but the one thing about this league is that, through 2nd to 12th, consistency is in short supply. Let's hope we can catch them on a return to the form that sees them in the relegation dogfight. A win and three points could be massive for us, but right now I'd take a point..

Think we are gonna absolutely scud them tbh. 3-0 to us, Long, Aarons and a late Turnbull ping. Polworth to rip them apart with 3 assists.

We were really good with the ball on Wednesday, Tynecastle is a big park and most of all Hearts are absolutely shite. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Tynecastle is a big park

57 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I thought tynecastle was a small pitch?

Smallest in the league, 100m x 64m

For reference, the biggest are Celtic Park, Easter Road, Ibrox, McDiarmid Park and whatever Hamilton's ground is called this week, all at 105m x 68m. Fir Park is third smallest at 100m x 68m

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Think we are gonna absolutely scud them tbh. 3-0 to us, Long, Aarons and a late Turnbull ping. Polworth to rip them apart with 3 assists.

We were really good with the ball on Wednesday, Tynecastle is a big park and most of all Hearts are absolutely shite. 

Hearts were absolutely shite, I fear beating Rangers and Hibs in a week means they've turned the corner...…...

2 hours ago, couttsy said:

Hearts were absolutely shite, I fear beating Rangers and Hibs in a week means they've turned the corner...…...

..........Or they have used up their good form and will resort to shite again. Is Long available. Hopefully they took him off as precautionary measure not to aggravate the knocks he took against Ross County 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Polworth and Mugabi doubts, I think we need to keep three in the middle of the park otherwise risk been over run.

We'll play 4 or 5 in the middle of the park as usual. Playing only 3 or even 4 there risks being overwhelmed. Again we'll need to bottle up our wings.

54 minutes ago, johnstone said:

Get Turnbull on the pitch. No fucking about.

Agree with this. Another few days of training plus no game time on Wednesday, if he's fit enough then get him involved.

Polworth and Turnbull taking turns sliding in Long on goal, ooooft.

i was watching training for a bit today and noticed mugabi wasnt there and in their half pitch 8v8 games where there are 3 teams of 8 with 1 team sitting off for 5 minute games polworth and turnbull were  just watching. they had been taking part in everything before that though and i had to go before there 11v11 game started so dont know if they took part in that. Hopefully was just a precaution as obviously that many bodies in tight space injurys are more likely. Hope 1 or other will be on pitch tomorrow. Noticed adam Livingstone there also i thought he was out on loan. Also their finishing drills ndjoli always in centre with long and watt so robinson i think sees him as central striker.

We have not been so good since the winter break but Hearts have been sooo poor all season. Two results - one against a dreadfully mediocre Rangers and another in a game against local rivals that needs no motivation - doesn’t transform them into anything we should fear. I think it might be close but if our midfield is as good as they were this week I think Long is due a goal or two and we should just about edge it. COYW!