Game 30: Hearts (A) 7th March 2020

Andy_P

Just now, grizzlyg said:

Thank feck!!!  Last result to come in.  Could have been worse but 5 out of 12 pts against bottom 4 teams ain't good

Have you seen Accies and Hearts results recently?  There are no easy games against bottom teams at this point of the season - they are in survival mode and dangerous to play against.

1 minute ago, Well Well said:

missed efforts don't score you goals or win you games

No shit Sherlock. Useless players and "wastes of a jersey" don't even have good efforts, though. Do you think we should tell Robinson to coach the players to not try shooting?

Turnbull didn't come close to producing anything nearly as good. Maybe complain about him instead?

It was a very scrappy game with neither team really putting more than a couple of passes together at a time. We were the better team in the first half, but we froze at the start of the second (again) and could have easily gone behind. Hearts missed some sitters in injury time, but we made some decent chances and had the best of the last 20 minutes.

All of the defense, including Gillespie were really shaky, with some poor decision making throughout the game. Long was a pest again and I thought Aarons and hylton did well at taking the ball in and keeping possession. Hylton forced a good save from zlamal near the end from a well struck half volley, and Gallagher had a couple of headers go over.

Losing Campbell early wasn’t ideal considering his form. Maguire did fine but we lacked the driving force.

A point there isn’t terrible, and we’re still still in third.

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Have you seen Accies and Hearts results recently?  There are no easy games against bottom teams at this point of the season - they are in survival mode and dangerous to play against.

Not disputing that mate and fully aware these teams are battling to stay up. However I would still have hoped for more points which could have given us a clear gap over Dons.   Hopefully the lads can get a great victory on fri night...COYW

15 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Absolutely. A very good point in a difficult, difficult game. Given the way our defence plays its a good result. Other scores went our way too, so top 6 is now confirmed YYAASS! Although Campbell was injured (hopefully not seriously) another positive is that DT got even more game time.

Not there today as on holiday so can’t comment on today’s performances ,but on what I have seen recently Hylton has been dire . I thought he looked good at start of season, but recently especially Wed was total crap . Happy to get 4 points last 2 games, but it’s time Hylton stepped up to mark as seems going by way he started season he has some ability,  but recently looks like a headless chicken . Feel free to disagree but it’s all about opinions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wellowell said:

Not there today as on holiday so can’t comment on today’s performances ,but on what I have seen recently Hylton has been dire . I thought he looked good at start of season, but recently especially Wed was total crap . Happy to get 4 points last 2 games, but it’s time Hylton stepped up to mark as seems going by way he started season he has some ability,  but recently looks like a headless chicken . Feel free to disagree but it’s all about opinions 

I agree 100% with you.  In flashes has shown ability but not enough. Mind you he is better than seedorf and Ilic.   Needs to do a lot more but to be fair when you are signing players from Solihull then we shouldn't be expecting miracles.  Hopefully I have now tempted fate and Jermaine scores a hat trick on Friday night!!

That was a good point. I thought Hylton had a decent second half after a brutal first. Arrons worked hard as well. Tait and Hartley were solid as well.

We were crying out for Watt in the second half so he must have been injured. Long doesn't have a 90 minute performance in him but his first 45 today was superb. 

As bad as Hearts are that's a good point and sets up nicely for Friday. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Not the worst point in the world.

Very much this.  Some people moan for the sake of moaning. 
Hearts have had a few very decent results recently. Beating Hibs and scoring 3 goals at Easter Rd is something we could only dream of. 
On P&B predictions thread I had us top of bottom half so the fact we can finish no lower than bottom of top half is very good. 
Would rather a draw between Dons and Hibs but in many ways Hibs, Livi and Killie losing has done us a huge favour. Livi and Hibs were picking up point and we want as much a gap between 4th and rest of the teams. 
Sooooo - Big up to the team and Manager for getting us in the top 6 with a bottom 6 budget.

Big game on Friday. Lets do the sheepies.