Game 30: Hearts (A) 7th March 2020

Andy_P

There aren't too many circumstances where a point from a trip to the capital isn't a half decent result.  I think the fact we were ahead at half-time and Aberdeen were losing, and being potentially six ahead of them, leaves a feeling of what might have been. 

In our hands to create that gap again on Friday night though.

All in all a good point and enjoyable game. They battered us for a period at the end of the first half and start of the second and thought it was going to be a really long second half after they scored. But both teams had chances to win in the end. Missed Campbell badly, but thought maguire did well second half.

Ref did us absolutely no favours. How hearts only ended up with 2 yellows is a mystery. I'll be interested to see the wee scrap between aarons and Naismith where aarons got booked, as I could have sworn Naismith had a kick at aarons and got away with it. 

1 minute ago, mfc88 said:

All in all a good point and enjoyable game. They battered us for a period at the end of the first half and start of the second and thought it was going to be a really long second half after they scored. But both teams had chances to win in the end. Missed Campbell like a hole in the head, but though maguire did well second half.

Ref did us absolutely no favours. How hearts only ended up with 2 yellows is a mystery. I'll be interested to see the wee scrap between aarons and Naismith where aarons got booked, as I could have sworn Naismith had a kick at aarons and got away with it. 

Like a hole in the head? Usually means you don’t want something? 

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It looked like Smeagol studded Arrons in the nuts. 

You could tell Naismith was worried because he moved the furthest away from the ref he was all game.

Naismith wrestled him to the ground but Aarons connected with his head with a flailing boot

12 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

I'll be interested to see the wee scrap between aarons and Naismith where aarons got booked, as I could have sworn Naismith had a kick at aarons and got away with it. 

We'll see. The BBC may not want to show it or indeed highlight it. If it is included in the highlights that could be interesting and depending on what took place the Compliance Officer's staff may pick up on it. 

1 hour ago, Stuwell2 said:

Was wondering who was injured but if I don’t frame the question correctly I get what I deserve 

Boyce and Walker (I think) of Hearts both had head injuries that took a few minutes each to treat.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

But he's available for Friday?  If Campbell is out I'd hope we can get Donnelly back in, nothing against MacGuire, still think he's got something to offer but with Aberdeen I'd rather have  Donnelly I  there.

Aye I think it was 2 games, county and today

23 minutes ago, daver said:

They discussed it on the radio at the time with opinion split between some saying there was no contact and others thinking he was lucky he didn't get a red.

Hearts TV more shocked both players were not booked.  It was the very definition of handbags.  

Was a really scrappy and competetive game which i enjoyed. Tynecastle is maybe my favourite away day due to good view and young team were singing certainly all 1st half and most of 2nd. Looked a stonewall penalty on hylton when we broke 4 on 1 and we should have scored. could also have scored some others but then so could they. Robinsons post match summary was right on the money i felt. whilst maguire done ok we missed campbell today as he would have loved that type of game hope hes back for friday. hylton i felt should have been subbed earlier but his control on a couple of occasions later on to hold onto the ball justified keeping him on. gallagher and grimmy and gillespie looked shaky today but i think the wind down on the pitch made defending difficult as their defenders also looked struggling. A gd point i think and bring on the dons.

Another one who is happy with a point from Tynecastle. As I sad before, not a place with many happy memories for me as a 'well fan.

Too early for us to be getting excited about what is happening in other fixtures imho. We just need to concentrate on our own performance and results. Top six is an achievement of sorts, but we are still in pole position for third. Let's get stuck in and do it!

• Like 1