Game 30: Hearts (A) 7th March 2020

Andy_P

9 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Thought the end of match policing/segregation was a bit ott ...........caused problems that never really happened in my previous recent visits  to  Tynecastle

You're not the only person to have said that.

Watched the TV highlights and agree with Robbo's comments about Hylton's penalty claim. Keeper definitely catches his trailing leg but probably no penalty given because he was already on his way down. Correct decision would have been to yellow card him and award a penalty. Similar to Richard Tait's penalty claim at Easter Road a year or two back.

32 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Watched the TV highlights and agree with Robbo's comments about Hylton's penalty claim. Keeper definitely catches his trailing leg but probably no penalty given because he was already on his way down. Correct decision would have been to yellow card him and award a penalty. Similar to Richard Tait's penalty claim at Easter Road a year or two back.

Not a penalty for me, we messed up an attack and Hylton tried to rescue the situation by buying a soft penalty. Sometimes you need to hold your hands up and say that you missed a great opportunity to score.

10 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Thought the end of match policing/segregation was a bit ott ...........caused problems that never really happened in my previous recent visits  to  Tynecastle

What did they do?

Given the previous recent trouble between the 2 sets of fans - hardly a surprise that plod took a more stringent approach.

1 hour ago, superward said:

Goalie takes his leg and doesn’t touch the ball. Ref would have gave it had that been more central in the box.

Absolutely. Had Hylton not dived and been on his way down he would have given it.  Goalie was very lucky indeed.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:59 AM, Pepper said:

Just watched the highlights. 

Blaming Hylton for messing up the break away and Hearts goal is absolute rocket material. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:02 PM, weeyin said:

Aye, but it seems half of NASA watches us play.

So the poor pass that Hylton made to the left towards Long and whoever the other player was didn't spoil that move then ?

11 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

So the poor pass that Hylton made to the left towards Long and whoever the other player was didn't spoil that move then ?

His pass looks fine to me. Gave the player 2 options to continue the attack. Slide in the man on his left or give it back to Hylton.  Perhaps played it just too far ahead of Hylton? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

What did they do?

Given the previous recent trouble between the 2 sets of fans - hardly a surprise that plod took a more stringent approach.

Add to that is the fact that a sizeable number of our young 'fans' were letting rip with the " Motherwell Sieg Heil' pish. 

Wish these 'followers' of our club  would stop attending our games as they are having a bad effect on our reputation.

16 hours ago, AllyMax said:

16 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

His pass looks fine to me. Gave the player 2 options to continue the attack. Slide in the man on his left or give it back to Hylton.  Perhaps played it just too far ahead of Hylton? 

This.

It was also Hylton who initially won the ball to set up the counter in the first place. 

3 hours ago, livivoice said:

Add to that is the fact that a sizeable number of our young 'fans' were letting rip with the " Motherwell Sieg Heil' pish. 

Wish these 'followers' of our club  would stop attending our games as they are having a bad effect on our reputation.

Behave yourself. Sizeable? Few token chants is hardly letting rip. You do know the definition of Sieg Heil? Hail Victory is it not? Unfortunately its connotations in the German thought mean its in poor taste to all intents and purposes. Football is not a sanitised environment though and it just happens to fall into their current moniker.

Lets have it right, 'fans' & 'followers' they certainly are and to many of the locations where our uber fans and those who can't wait to version events on various message boards don't bother. The club actively work with them so fair  to say they appreciate the support. Any effect on reputation, both parties require to work on - not always amicable I'll bet but, high time the holier than thou in our support evolve.

For the record, inefficient stewarding has become the norm at Hearts, our club know it and Police Scotland helped create problems that didn't exist on Saturday.

2 hours ago, mfc88 said:

When allan campbell went off injured on sat, was it a bad one? And is he out for a few games? I just assumed it was a sore one but nothing serious.

Just noticed hes been omitted from the u21 squad when hes been a stalwart in that team.

Has there been any news about his injury at all?

8 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Behave yourself. Sizeable? Few token chants is hardly letting rip. You do know the definition of Sieg Heil? Hail Victory is it not? Unfortunately its connotations in the German thought mean its in poor taste to all intents and purposes. Football is not a sanitised environment though and it just happens to fall into their current moniker.

Lets have it right, 'fans' & 'followers' they certainly are and to many of the locations where our uber fans and those who can't wait to version events on various message boards don't bother. The club actively work with them so fair  to say they appreciate the support. Any effect on reputation, both parties require to work on - not always amicable I'll bet but, high time the holier than thou in our support evolve.

For the record, inefficient stewarding has become the norm at Hearts, our club know it and Police Scotland helped create problems that didn't exist on Saturday.

Some points;

Perhaps it was not your intention but you give the impression that the ' fans' only spouted 'Sieg Heil' not in its offensive context but due to some nuanced philosophical standpoint on the term's origins. Who is kidding who?

As witnessed and heard by me and mates it was a sizeable group both inside and outside the ground. Fact.

As to the club appreciating their support I think it's fair to say that some doubt has to be cast on this when we look at the club's position on inclusion ( family club) and us being a signatory to the SPFL's position on Unacceptable Conduct. Moreso as the club would be at serious risk of being brought to book.

Finally, I attended the Hearts game in the company of a few guys of the Jewish faith. To say they were pissed off with these 'fans' is an understatement as is their anger with your apparent rationalisation of Sieg Heil crys from this group. Would have been interesting to see you justify your post to them!! 

MFC have  now lost my mates potential support despite my efforts to persuade them to give it another try. This is really sad as they were drawn to the club because of its good reputation. 

As to my comments as you infer being holier than thou . Well if that means calling out offensive behaviour ( when it is clearly that) then I can live with that. Rather that description than that of an apparent apologist/ minimiser.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1