Game 30: Hearts (A) 7th March 2020

Andy_P

4 hours ago, livivoice said:

Some points;

Perhaps it was not your intention but you give the impression that the ' fans' only spouted 'Sieg Heil' not in its offensive context but due to some nuanced philosophical standpoint on the term's origins. Who is kidding who?

As witnessed and heard by me and mates it was a sizeable group both inside and outside the ground. Fact.

As to the club appreciating their support I think it's fair to say that some doubt has to be cast on this when we look at the club's position on inclusion ( family club) and us being a signatory to the SPFL's position on Unacceptable Conduct. Moreso as the club would be at serious risk of being brought to book.

Finally, I attended the Hearts game in the company of a few guys of the Jewish faith. To say they were pissed off with these 'fans' is an understatement as is their anger with your apparent rationalisation of Sieg Heil crys from this group. Would have been interesting to see you justify your post to them!! 

MFC have  now lost my mates potential support despite my efforts to persuade them to give it another try. This is really sad as they were drawn to the club because of its good reputation. 

As to my comments as you infer being holier than thou . Well if that means calling out offensive behaviour ( when it is clearly that) then I can live with that. Rather that description than that of an apparent apologist/ minimiser.

Belter. nuanced philosophical standpoint? Who is kidding who? Nobody trying to kid anybody on, it’s exactly the shock factor they’re looking for rather than a leaning to any far right/fascist ideal was the impression I was giving.

Again, I’d question your sizeable claim. Not one person challenged by the authorities suggests it was a non event & not the ineffective stewarding I was referring to.

The club actively encourage their attendance & support their aims - That’s not even up for debate & been well documented for the last decade. As I reckoned, not always amicable, but, a level of respect between both parties.

So you attended the match with some penny chews. Care not a jot. Miserable day out by the sounds of it, it’s akin to going to a match with Aberdeen & Spurs fans - who’d get the drinks in?

Football and the matchday experience has changed as has society - uncouth shouts & some supporters treading that fine line hasn’t & been around since the dawn of time. Saturday suggests to me a football terrace isn’t really the place for your mates.

apparent apologist/minimiser? Laughable. Yeah, I’ll defend the youthful element of our support when required, just as much as I rebuke when they’re out of line. Given calling out offensive behaviour isn’t bashing your keyboard in my book, the holier than thou take is the need for mock outrage by some who don’t understand & never will.

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

Is that a dog whistle I can hear in the background?

Pathetic really.  1. It wasn't large group and 2. No one uses it because of it english translation.  They use it because they're daft little kids or nazis. I  will Let them choose which one.  

5 hours ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Pathetic really.  1. It wasn't large group and 2. No one uses it because of it english translation.  They use it because they're daft little kids or nazis. I  will Let them choose which one.  

What's the acceptable numbers on fans shouting Nazi slogans? Obviously greater than zero for you!

Is it the same for monkey chants?

The guy who is raging should tweet Burrows about it and tag in a few charities.

• Like 1