Motherwell vs Aberdeen *Game Postponed*

real dosser

18 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Perhaps they will consider finishing off the season behind closed doors? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51840257

Coronavirus: SPFL warns clubs no money to cover closed door games

Perhaps, but then what's the financial outlook for the teams forced to play to the end of a season with no income?

28 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

So everyone, say, over 60 who has followed MFC all their lives doesn't count just so you can see your game regardless of them? Fuck off you selfish cunt.

The game being on won't make a difference to vunerable people catching it.

All I'm saying is that if we stick with the current logic there won't be football next season either. Yet eventually 70-80% will still have had it. 

42 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

So everyone, say, over 60 who has followed MFC all their lives doesn't count just so you can see your game regardless of them? Fuck off you selfish cunt.

Usually no fan of the steel boy, but that’s helluva harsh.....it’s ok saying extend the season if there’s an opportunity but that’s going to have a knock on effect. Plus no vulnerable person would put their health at risk for a football match

18 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51840257

Coronavirus: SPFL warns clubs no money to cover closed door games

Perhaps, but then what's the financial outlook for the teams forced to play to the end of a season with no income?

If they decide to just cancel that also results in no money coming in plus the league and cup placing a will be left in limbo. Not sure what best option is or how it will pan out 

46 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Usually no fan of the steel boy, but that’s helluva harsh.....it’s ok saying extend the season if there’s an opportunity but that’s going to have a knock on effect. Plus no vulnerable person would put their health at risk for a football match

It's surely not simply about vulnerable folk avoiding a football match. Non vulnerable folk can pick up the virus and act as carriers when  later visiting those in the vulnerable range. Parents as an example.

8 minutes ago, dennyc said:

It's surely not simply about vulnerable folk avoiding a football match. Non vulnerable folk can pick up the virus and act as carriers when  later visiting those in the vulnerable range. Parents as an example.

That's going to happen anyway in workplaces, shops, public transport etc. 

Football matches won't make any difference. 

4 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51851341

Gatherings of more than 500 people should be cancelled from next week, the Scottish government is advising.

Just read on the Beeb website.

I notice the ban is in effect from Monday, maybe too much controversy for wee Nicola to ban the ugly sisters game on Sunday, just saying like.

• Like 1

I may be a CV-vulnerable wrinkly who's had pneumonia twice and been hospitalised as a result but at least this crisis has spared us the cringeworthy "Curtis Main will come back to haunt us" froth we normally have to endure in such a fixture.

Since Friday night will probs be our last match for a while, I will proudly take my position on top of the POD and rain sarcasm on Cosgrove and the other Mutton Molesters from a safe distance.

Tobar na Mathair gu brath, ya bass!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

I may be a CV-vulnerable wrinkly who's had pneumonia twice and been hospitalised as a result but at least this crisis has spared us the cringeworthy "Curtis Main will come back to haunt us" froth we normally have to endure in such a fixture.

Since Friday night will probs be our last match for a while, I will proudly take my position on top of the POD and rain sarcasm on Cosgrove and the other Mutton Molesters from a safe distance.

Tobar na Mathair gu brath, ya bass!

I know You said safe distance but thats a bit extreme! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

The mortality rate in South Korea is 0.7% and they are doing the most testing so will be the most accurate. 

With the health of people in this country I'm not so sure it'll be as low as the South Koreans. Not to mention it'll only increase once all the hospital beds are full and they have to choose who to treat.

Anyway, I'd be delighted with a draw tomorrow. Would be huge as it keeps us third and nobody has any idea what's going to happen with the league once players/coaches start getting infected. 

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I notice the ban is in effect from Monday, maybe too much controversy for wee Nicola to ban the ugly sisters game on Sunday, just saying like.

Spot on Allan. Introducing the ban as from tonight was never a possibility for this very reason. Still, anyone missing their football fix can always travel south now to take in English games instead.

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Spot on Allan. Introducing the ban as from tonight was never a possibility for this very reason. Still, anyone missing their football fix can always travel south now to take in English games instead.

Or maybe not now it's confirmed Arteta contracted the virus and all EPL games are under review. 

The talk is that with Euro 2020 being suspended they might try and finish those tournaments in June. 

Finishing leagues looks extremely unlikely so we can expect a full Celtic meltdown and Accies survive again. Dundee United will be screwed as well which is nice.

• Andy_P locked this topic