Spiderpig

Season suspended till further notice

Euan Murray is tearing the SPFL statements to shreds on Twitter. He is suggesting McClennan is writing the statements. 

This is definitely going to end up in court. 

That be the Hearts supporting, in no way whatsoever biased,  Ewan Murray?

I'm not saying he isn't correct but were it Hamilton Accies or Ross County sitting where Hearts are he'd be sitting with his feet up watching reruns of the Ryder Cup and his Twitter feed about 200 tweets lighter.

• Like 4

I think the whole debate has moved on. It's no longer about the manner in which the vote was managed and it is no longer about Rangers , Hearts or any other team. It's no longer about Rangers trying to stop Celtic being awarded the Title and it's no longer about Brechin City receiving special treatment whilst others suffer.  The issue is about the Governance of Scottish football and whether Officials in charge acted out with their remit or even unlawfully. And that is something we should all want clarified one way or another.

St Mirren released a statement yesterday saying the vote should not be overturned.  Where in the request for an Enquiry was that even suggested?  The SPFL  issued a statement questioning the financial cost of setting up an Enquiry, yet had earlier commissioned one of their own (unknown to some Board Members). Can we take it Deloitte acted for free?  Today we are presented with an SPFL statement questioning Ranger's motives in calling for an Enquiry. No doubt true to a large extent. But no mention of the other teams supporting the demand. What about their motives? And bear in mind one of those supportive teams stands to benefit from the whole affair once reconstruction is agreed. And no mention of those other Clubs who say they are willing to give evidence before an Independent Enquiry regarding bullying and coercion. Journalists, love them or hate them, have more access to information than Joe Public and almost without exception all think an Enquiry is much needed. They must have good reason to believe that.

Let Rangers release their evidence. It will either stand up or it won't. If there is something to it, then an Independent Enquiry is in everybody's interest. If the evidence does not stack up, then Rangers will fall flat on their face.

Lots of deflections out there but this is about Governance above all else.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

That be the Hearts supporting, in no way whatsoever biased,  Ewan Murray?

I'm not saying he isn't correct but were it Hamilton Accies or Ross County sitting where Hearts are he'd be sitting with his feet up watching reruns of the Ryder Cup and his Twitter feed about 200 tweets lighter.

I think all his points are fair despite him being a Jambo. The SPFL letter and Q&A are both ridiculous and make the SPFL look even worse. Burrows' name is on the letter but there is no way he was involved in drafting it as MFC communication is 100 times better than that. 

Bleating about money when they have chosen to persue a course which was guaranteed to create conflict, acted completely unprofessionally in their conduct during the vote and have a £400,000 a year Chief Exec who is MIA does not sit well. 

• Like 3

That spfl letter is indeed shocking and those who prepared it and even those who signed it should be held to account.  The threat of additional financial woes with the gun well and truly held to those most vulnerable is absolutely disgraceful. 

as someone rightly points out did the SPFL Board question the value of undertaking their own in-house enquiry of processes? The answer was no and that was forced upon all the clubs when many questioned its merit

10 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

That spfl letter is indeed shocking and those who prepared it and even those who signed it should be held to account.  The threat of additional financial woes with the gun well and truly held to those most vulnerable is absolutely disgraceful. 

as someone rightly points out did the SPFL Board question the value of undertaking their own in-house enquiry of processes? The answer was no and that was forced upon all the clubs when many questioned its merit

My initial reaction was to wish that Alan Burrows gets the feck out of the rats nest before our club's reputation gets sullied (if its not already) in the eyes of supporters of other clubs because of his involvement in this monumental fuck up, but then we would be left with no influence in future decisions so am still weighing up the pros and cons.

I haven’t been keeping up with what is actually being put out by the SFA or SPFL or whoever but judging by the responses on here it seems like a very embarrassing cluster f**k of a situation with the organizers totally inept at coming up with fair and decent proposals/options but again that is probably not a surprise to anyone. I think playing out the end of the season would address a lot of the concerns but then again that also brings up a Different set of problems on its own. I think from all of this the one main thing that comes out of this and the way it has been handled, is that the governance of Scottish football needs to Be totally cleansed and rebuilt with people who actually have the ability to run our game with integrity and fairness and for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I think from all of this the one main thing that comes out of this and the way it has been handled, is that the governance of Scottish football needs to Be totally cleansed and rebuilt with people who actually have the ability to run our game with integrity and fairness and for the benefit of Scottish football as a whole. 

I think this is spot on. Set aside club loyalty (and distaste of other Clubs) to bring about the openness and accountability many feel are urgently required.

Any Board should be open to scrutiny , which sadly appears not be the case as far as the SPFL is concerned. I fear there will be no Independent Enquiry as every attempt is being made to avoid one. The Deloitte Report did not address any issue other than the timeline of the missing Dundee vote. Numerous recent statements from the Board ignored most of the questions still outstanding as did Neil Doncaster's appearance today.

texanwellfan, Tom English's latest piece on the BBC Scotland web page is worth a read. Bottom line, there are currently enough unanswered questions to merit an enquiry. If the Board  has nothing to worry about then why work so hard to block such an enquiry? Talks of costs and motives are deflection tactics. If the evidence (when produced)  adds to those questions, then every Club has a responsibility to support an investigation, setting aside loyalty to any particular Board member.  Not all Board members, if any, may be culpable but how can we ever be sure if the blocking tactics succeed.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know enough about the workings of the SPFL, which isn’t very much admittedly, to to take everything I hear and read from the media with a large spoonful of salt. In other words I know what I don’t know. Yes the whole situation seems like a mess but there will be far more to this saga than we’re being told.

• Like 1

and only a bampot of a club supported by some others facing financial impact due to their own board room incompetence would call for , anything other than moving on , in this the biggest crisis modern football has ever faced.

everyone shouting for openness and clarity, forget , its a business model ran by its members for its members , its not anything other than a business and every single shot fired publicly by any member is self defeating.

its a shambles because member clubs make it a shambles, too many of them forget they are operating a business that relies on the group operating effectively.

TBH scottish league football is riddled with historical fuckups, and whilst we are the brink of an operating period , that could mean zero notable income for many many months , this sort of pissing up the wall  enquiry taking money out of the clubs pockets and delaying the inevitable  end of the season, would surely be the ultimate own goal.

UEFA/FIFA are about as corrupt  organisations as they can come, but there is good reason that associations are required to abide by strict in house complaints process.

they'd have lined up any assocation ( read 'member club') that dared air so much disruption in public and shot them down to shutdown the noise.

the single biggest failing in Scottish football is that the 'association/league' dont have the balls/power to control their own house.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I know enough about the workings of the SPFL, which isn’t very much admittedly, to to take everything I hear and read from the media with a large spoonful of salt. In other words I know what I don’t know. Yes the whole situation seems like a mess but there will be far more to this saga than we’re being told.

Oh, I'm sure there will be a lot more to come out from all sides.

But it's not just the Media who have questioned matters. Representatives of various Clubs have spoken out regarding their own experiences . Ok, some may have an axe to grind, but allegations about coercion, threats and bullying cannot be ignored or brushed under the carpet. As is happening at present. Or do folk think we should just turn a blind eye?

And the Media did not write that open letter from the Board which was an embarrassment........"We know we did things wrong, but we are short staffed".............."We need to look to the future, not be distracted addressing allegations of wrong doing." Sometimes it is about what is not said or the questions not addressed.

And the Media did not instigate the Deloitte Report, with the narrow remit of looking only at the timeline and location of the missing Dundee vote. No investigation of anything but the vote.

Even if totally innocent, the Spfl Board do themselves no favours

34 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

and only a bampot of a club supported by some others facing financial impact due to their own board room incompetence would call for , anything other than moving on , in this the biggest crisis modern football has ever faced.

everyone shouting for openness and clarity, forget , its a business model ran by its members for its members , its not anything other than a business and every single shot fired publicly by any member is self defeating.

its a shambles because member clubs make it a shambles, too many of them forget they are operating a business that relies on the group operating effectively.

TBH scottish league football is riddled with historical fuckups, and whilst we are the brink of an operating period , that could mean zero notable income for many many months , this sort of pissing up the wall  enquiry taking money out of the clubs pockets and delaying the inevitable  end of the season, would surely be the ultimate own goal.

UEFA/FIFA are about as corrupt  organisations as they can come, but there is good reason that associations are required to abide by strict in house complaints process.

they'd have lined up any assocation ( read 'member club') that dared air so much disruption in public and shot them down to shutdown the noise.

the single biggest failing in Scottish football is that the 'association/league' dont have the balls/power to control their own house.

Ok. so where do you draw the line? Intimidation, threats and bullying are clearly acceptable. So how much are you prepared to ignore?

Nobody from the Board has even spoken to the Clubs that say they were threatened by a director of another Club. That's from the Clubs themselves. Hardly good Governance. And as for a waste of much needed cash? I don't recall you condemning the cost of the Deloitte Report. Or was that money well spent in your opinion.

And why would any investigation need to curtail ending the season sooner rather than later, enabling Clubs to put plans in place?

20 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Ok. so where do you draw the line?

image.thumb.png.ffddc688bf7e1f284f0202c31a8179bf.png

there's where I draw the line , for three weeks solid the 7 day rolling average of COVID-19 deaths in Scotland is recorded almost exactly 50 Dead,  every day., and as incredible as it is to say, thankfully its staying stable at that , with a full lockdown!

there are far too many people with their heads up their arse,  thinking and shouting that tinkering or full restructuring of football is on the cards just now, Football needs a survival plan and nothing else, and TBH as much as I love our club and national sport , its only for its community benefts that it should be getting any attention at all during this horror show.

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

image.thumb.png.ffddc688bf7e1f284f0202c31a8179bf.png

there's where I draw the line , for three weeks solid the 7 day rolling average of COVID-19 deaths in Scotland is recorded almost exactly 50 Dead,  every day., and as incredible as it is to say, thankfully its staying stable at that , with a full lockdown!

there are far too many people with their heads up their arse,  thinking and shouting that tinkering or full restructuring of football is on the cards just now, Football needs a survival plan and nothing else, and TBH as much as I love our club and national sport , its only for its community benefts that it should be getting any attention at all during this horror show.

Really!   Who said this was not a horrendous situation, with heartache for many? I'm pretty sure nobody will disagree with you about that.

But we will have to agree to disagree about the merits of discussing non Co Vid matters on a football fans' forum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Really!   Who said this was not a horrendous situation, with heartache for many? I'm pretty sure nobody will disagree with you about that.

But we will have to agree to disagree about the merits of discussing non Co Vid matters on a football fans' forum. 

I am discussing football matters , just because its not aligned with your quite blinkered outlook, ignoring the financial reality of the situation surrounding football just now , you're firing back deflection.

there is no football discussion that doesn't get affected by the pandemic situation , to ignore it is just blindly ranting about the many imperfections  of an SPFL is all well and good , but the reality is outside your window, outwith covid you'd have a few dozen contributors aligned with your views , throwing in options and considerations,  I'd probably be backing some of them, but for now, I'd tend to back the low cost survival mode.

batter in, you are passionate and have time to reflect on the imperfections and options to right them.

2 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

I am discussing football matters , just because its not aligned with your quite blinkered outlook, ignoring the financial reality of the situation surrounding football just now , you're firing back deflection.

there is no football discussion that doesn't get affected by the pandemic situation , to ignore it is just blindly ranting about the many imperfections  of an SPFL is all well and good , but the reality is outside your window, outwith covid you'd have a few dozen contributors aligned with your views , throwing in options and considerations,  I'd probably be backing some of them, but for now, I'd tend to back the low cost survival mode for now.

batter in, you are passionate and have time to reflect on the imperfections and options to right them.

Not deflecting and I'm certainly not underplaying the financial situation facing clubs. Read other threads and you might see that. In fact if they declare the League tonight I'll be delighted because then Motherwell will have some clarity and can act as required.

But back to deflection, well done with the Chart. I notice you did not address the questions I asked. Score one you.

Has it even occurred to you that folk might wish to discuss 'normal' issues as a relief from the disaster that is Co Vid. Interest in one thing does not mean an ignoring or a downplaying of others. But lets ask Admin to shut down all threads that are not Co Vid related. Maybe you should contact the Newspapers and ask them to write about nothing other then Co Vid.

We disagree. I can live with that.

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

Ok. so where do you draw the line? Intimidation, threats and bullying are clearly acceptable. So how much are you prepared to ignore?

Nobody from the Board has even spoken to the Clubs that say they were threatened by a director of another Club. That's from the Clubs themselves. Hardly good Governance. And as for a waste of much needed cash? I don't recall you condemning the cost of the Deloitte Report. Or was that money well spent in your opinion.

And why would any investigation need to curtail ending the season sooner rather than later, enabling Clubs to put plans in place?

I think the current issue is that the clubs who are making these accusations are quite happy to punt words like threatened and bullying out into the public domain but have yet to give even the slightest sliver of evidence. For all they are making public, they're refusing to say anything meaningful. 

Certain clubs have chosen to make this a public fight so I think the SPFL are well within their right to respond publicly to these accusations. They've repeatedly invited those making the allegations to raise them. No doubt the board and other clubs will have been trying to persuade those sitting on the fence that this really is the only viable option. Did they feel pressured? Probably aye. Does that amount to intimidation and bullying? No. 

I don't think the whole thing has been well handled and there's still no clear answer on why ending the league was the only way to release the money. However 34 other clubs, led by a host of experienced and professional people, were satisfied with the rationale for it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dennyc said:

I think the whole debate has moved on. It's no longer about the manner in which the vote was managed and it is no longer about Rangers , Hearts or any other team. It's no longer about Rangers trying to stop Celtic being awarded the Title and it's no longer about Brechin City receiving special treatment whilst others suffer.  The issue is about the Governance of Scottish football and whether Officials in charge acted out with their remit or even unlawfully. And that is something we should all want clarified one way or another.

St Mirren released a statement yesterday saying the vote should not be overturned.  Where in the request for an Enquiry was that even suggested?  The SPFL  issued a statement questioning the financial cost of setting up an Enquiry, yet had earlier commissioned one of their own (unknown to some Board Members). Can we take it Deloitte acted for free?  Today we are presented with an SPFL statement questioning Ranger's motives in calling for an Enquiry. No doubt true to a large extent. But no mention of the other teams supporting the demand. What about their motives? And bear in mind one of those supportive teams stands to benefit from the whole affair once reconstruction is agreed. And no mention of those other Clubs who say they are willing to give evidence before an Independent Enquiry regarding bullying and coercion. Journalists, love them or hate them, have more access to information than Joe Public and almost without exception all think an Enquiry is much needed. They must have good reason to believe that.

Let Rangers release their evidence. It will either stand up or it won't. If there is something to it, then an Independent Enquiry is in everybody's interest. If the evidence does not stack up, then Rangers will fall flat on their face.

Lots of deflections out there but this is about Governance above all else.

I’d be amazed if any journalist came out and said an investigation wasn’t required. They’re in the business of selling papers so the more the situation gets sensationalised the better for them.    Also, there’s been nothing stopping Rangers releasing their evidence from the start so I’m not sure what you mean by let them release it?

7 hours ago, GrahamH said:

Also, there’s been nothing stopping Rangers releasing their evidence from the start so I’m not sure what you mean by let them release it?

Let as in “ go on then , make it public so we can all see it”.

Not Let as in “ you have permission to release it”. 

Apologies if that was unclear.

9 hours ago, CoF said:

I think the current issue is that the clubs who are making these accusations are quite happy to punt words like threatened and bullying out into the public domain but have yet to give even the slightest sliver of evidence. For all they are making public, they're refusing to say anything meaningful. 

Certain clubs have chosen to make this a public fight so I think the SPFL are well within their right to respond publicly to these accusations. They've repeatedly invited those making the allegations to raise them. No doubt the board and other clubs will have been trying to persuade those sitting on the fence that this really is the only viable option. Did they feel pressured? Probably aye. Does that amount to intimidation and bullying? No. 

I don't think the whole thing has been well handled and there's still no clear answer on why ending the league was the only way to release the money. However 34 other clubs, led by a host of experienced and professional people, were satisfied with the rationale for it. 

In his Twitter discussion with Gardiner of ICT and a host of others, Nelms himself stated that he had been threatened by Ross McArthur of Dunfermline who just happens to be on the SPFL Board. At least one other commented in response that they too had been threatened. The verified conversation is out there for all to see should they want to. I think those comments alone merit investigation and could have been part of the Deloitte remit. But no. Ignored.
Less concrete, because it comes from a journalist, but Tom English has repeatedly said he knows of other Clubs who were intimidated and will give evidence if an Independent Enquiry is held. But at the current time they are scared to raise their heads above the parapet for fear of retribution. To me that raises all sorts of concerns and should not be totally disregarded.

And that is without any of the facts Rangers may or may not have in their possession. 

Yes certain Clubs have chosen to go Public and I am not naive enough to believe their intentions are solely for the good of Scottish football. But if their is any merit in their accusations then they deserve to be taken seriously. We will know soon enough when the information is made public. Maybe it will amount to very little and certain Clubs will look very foolish. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. And again, yes, the SPFL are entitled to respond in public given that they were attacked in public. But they have answered very few of the questions which were asked. Instead they have merely repeatedly listed reasons why no Independent Enquiry is required. Again that refusal to address direct questions raises concerns.

I do agree shutting down the Leagues was the correct decision, not just for the made up reason that it was the only way to release monies. Whatever would Forfar have done without their final payment of under £3000? Amongst other things it was about giving Clubs clarity and enabling them to plan ahead. How has that worked out?  Restructuring is now almost inevitable to correct the wrongs that were done to some Clubs, including Brora and Kelty. Many don’t yet know what Division they will be in or even how many games they will be playing. And that has nothing at all to do with the accusations mentioned above. And if shutting down the Leagues was the best option, why are we still sitting waiting on the same decision being made for the SPL? Some Clubs are now saying we should play out the remaining games, So much for clarity.  A decision needs to be made and any further Investigation need not delay that decision. The Board even said that yesterday. Holland and France have already called their top divisions over and done with.

My concern is not about the decision to shut down football, although that whole saga is bringing things to a head. It is about the accountability, responsibility, actions and attitude of the Board charged with looking after the interests of our game. They may be totally innocent of any wrongdoing, but why not let an Independent Enquiry put that out for all to see? If that is the case they have nothing to fear. Finance has been quoted as a factor and that has some merit. But how much did the Deloitte Report cost and how much was paid to a QC by the Board to look into the possibility of legal action if certain teams were disadvantaged? An Investigation may or may not take some time to complete, But there is no reason the Board cannot continue to operate meantime. 

12 hours ago, dennyc said:

In his Twitter discussion with Gardiner of ICT and a host of others, Nelms himself stated that he had been threatened by Ross McArthur of Dunfermline who just happens to be on the SPFL Board. At least one other commented in response that they too had been threatened. The verified conversation is out there for all to see should they want to. I think those comments alone merit investigation and could have been part of the Deloitte remit. But no. Ignored.
Less concrete, because it comes from a journalist, but Tom English has repeatedly said he knows of other Clubs who were intimidated and will give evidence if an Independent Enquiry is held. But at the current time they are scared to raise their heads above the parapet for fear of retribution. To me that raises all sorts of concerns and should not be totally disregarded.

And that is without any of the facts Rangers may or may not have in their possession. 

Yes certain Clubs have chosen to go Public and I am not naive enough to believe their intentions are solely for the good of Scottish football. But if their is any merit in their accusations then they deserve to be taken seriously. We will know soon enough when the information is made public. Maybe it will amount to very little and certain Clubs will look very foolish. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later. And again, yes, the SPFL are entitled to respond in public given that they were attacked in public. But they have answered very few of the questions which were asked. Instead they have merely repeatedly listed reasons why no Independent Enquiry is required. Again that refusal to address direct questions raises concerns.

I do agree shutting down the Leagues was the correct decision, not just for the made up reason that it was the only way to release monies. Whatever would Forfar have done without their final payment of under £3000? Amongst other things it was about giving Clubs clarity and enabling them to plan ahead. How has that worked out?  Restructuring is now almost inevitable to correct the wrongs that were done to some Clubs, including Brora and Kelty. Many don’t yet know what Division they will be in or even how many games they will be playing. And that has nothing at all to do with the accusations mentioned above. And if shutting down the Leagues was the best option, why are we still sitting waiting on the same decision being made for the SPL? Some Clubs are now saying we should play out the remaining games, So much for clarity.  A decision needs to be made and any further Investigation need not delay that decision. The Board even said that yesterday. Holland and France have already called their top divisions over and done with.

My concern is not about the decision to shut down football, although that whole saga is bringing things to a head. It is about the accountability, responsibility, actions and attitude of the Board charged with looking after the interests of our game. They may be totally innocent of any wrongdoing, but why not let an Independent Enquiry put that out for all to see? If that is the case they have nothing to fear. Finance has been quoted as a factor and that has some merit. But how much did the Deloitte Report cost and how much was paid to a QC by the Board to look into the possibility of legal action if certain teams were disadvantaged? An Investigation may or may not take some time to complete, But there is no reason the Board cannot continue to operate meantime. 

Yeah, I did see the Whatsapp stuff at the time. There's a further message which isn't as widely circulated where it's clarified that McArthur 'threat' was telling them that at least 5 Championship clubs wanted to evenly split the prize pot if the resolution failed. As I said in my earlier post, one mans threat is another mans persuasion or sharing of information. 

As for Tom English's stuff - I used to like listening to him he's been losing credibility over the 12 months for me. Always seems to get the wrong end of the stick now and looks for the sensational. Some clubs might told him they felt pressure and he's ran with that. With 3 of the biggest clubs in Scotland leading the 'fight' against the SPFL I'm not sure why some of the smaller clubs would feel fearful about raising their heads. Clubs through all the leagues criticise the SPFL and the SFA all the time - so why the fear now? It all feels like sour grapes and sensationalism.

I imagine that behind the scenes the board have discussed the individual accusations of bullying, explored what discussions took place with club X and concluded they've got absolutely nothing to answer to. In a large organisation, there are always going to be grumblers and awkward characters and you don't launch investigations just because they cry foul then don't want to bring evidence to the table. 

As for the investigation - To satisfy everyone, an independent inquiry would involve interviews with multiple staff at all 42 members clubs including audits of every form of written communication, phone records etc. Each club would be taking their own legal advice and to identify the parameters of the investigation which satisfies everyone would need it's own working group before the thing even starts. It would be a mammoth task which divert time and money away from the game and I think would be completely disproportionate based on what evidence is available just now. 

I think my over-arching thought on all of this is that it's being driven by one of the least professional and shambolic outfits in the recent history of Scottish Football. I've got absolutely no faith in Rangers to produce a coherent and balanced dossier of evidence. I've been critical of the SPFL's handling of this all along and agree with much of your criticism, however they're currently in a PR battle with clubs with some very loud voices so I think they're well within their right to try and influence public and member opinions before the EGM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoF said:

Yeah, I did see the Whatsapp stuff at the time. There's a further message which isn't as widely circulated where it's clarified that McArthur 'threat' was telling them that at least 5 Championship clubs wanted to evenly split the prize pot if the resolution failed. As I said in my earlier post, one mans threat is another mans persuasion or sharing of information. 

As for Tom English's stuff - I used to like listening to him he's been losing credibility over the 12 months for me. Always seems to get the wrong end of the stick now and looks for the sensational. Some clubs might told him they felt pressure and he's ran with that. With 3 of the biggest clubs in Scotland leading the 'fight' against the SPFL I'm not sure why some of the smaller clubs would feel fearful about raising their heads. Clubs through all the leagues criticise the SPFL and the SFA all the time - so why the fear now? It all feels like sour grapes and sensationalism.

I imagine that behind the scenes the board have discussed the individual accusations of bullying, explored what discussions took place with club X and concluded they've got absolutely nothing to answer to. In a large organisation, there are always going to be grumblers and awkward characters and you don't launch investigations just because they cry foul then don't want to bring evidence to the table. 

As for the investigation - To satisfy everyone, an independent inquiry would involve interviews with multiple staff at all 42 members clubs including audits of every form of written communication, phone records etc. Each club would be taking their own legal advice and to identify the parameters of the investigation which satisfies everyone would need it's own working group before the thing even starts. It would be a mammoth task which divert time and money away from the game and I think would be completely disproportionate based on what evidence is available just now. 

I think my over-arching thought on all of this is that it's being driven by one of the least professional and shambolic outfits in the recent history of Scottish Football. I've got absolutely no faith in Rangers to produce a coherent and balanced dossier of evidence. I've been critical of the SPFL's handling of this all along and agree with much of your criticism, however they're currently in a PR battle with clubs with some very loud voices so I think they're well within their right to try and influence public and member opinions before the EGM.

I actually agree with a lot of what you say. And certainly that the evidence Rangers do or do not produce will determine where this is headed. I too very much doubt that an enquiry will take place for the reasons you outline.  Apart from a few Clubs there is little appetite for an Enquiry, notwithstanding the dissatisfaction throughout most of Scottish football with the conduct of some members  of the SPFL Board and the approach taken..... ...release of funds, voting procedures, refusal to answer valid questions  as prime examples. Even John Nelms in his statement tonight to the Daily Record was critical of the way Dundee were dropped in it with regard to the missing vote. That might all change of course if the evidence suggests the Board acted beyond their remit or unlawfully. But there we are, back to that evidence again.

I will always believe though that accusations of bullying within an Organisation should betaken seriously and investigated. And the SPFL is no exception.  Regarding the Deloitte Report, would it have been that difficult to at least address the allegations made in the Twitter story, which was in the public domain with the complainants  readily identifiable.  If, as you indicate, there was more to it that changed the implications of the comments, then a few lines in the Report would have put that issue to bed, publicly. Nobody other than a few Board Members seemed aware that the Report had even been commissioned, so would it have mattered if it had been delayed a couple of days to at least clear up that issue? But to ignore it just added to the situation.

As for English and his insider information, I guess that unless there is an Enquiry we will never know if the Clubs he refers to intend to follow through with their advice to him that they will speak up if it gets to that stage. I do find his persistence convincing though.

However this turns out I think many would agree the Board have handled matters badly with communication and awareness of public perception a major concern. Whether that brings about the change, in my opinion, the Governance of Scottish Football deserves, only time will tell.

And so we await the Dossier. Whistleblower evidence included.