Spiderpig

Season suspended till further notice

Schalke didn't look fit. It was a decent watch, I'll watch the Bayern game for as long as it's competitive.

Season officially over.  We finished 3rd!  Well done to SR,  I never saw that coming!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Season officially over.  We finished 3rd!  Well done to SR,  I never saw that coming!

Always said 3rd was up for grabs this season. Well done to all at the club, a fantastic achievement and in my view well deserved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Always said 3rd was up for grabs this season. Well done to all at the club, a fantastic achievement and in my view well deserved.

Great achievement by everyone involved with the club.

The league table doesn’t lie and we’re there on merit.

• Like 1

Absolutely outstanding. Massive credit is due to the full club- I don't think we, the fans, can ever appreciate what goes into an achievement like this on such as small budget.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff.

Will there be European competition for us to compete in? 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Ditch the group nonsense and go back to straight knock-out and there should be time to play a full competition*

*I haven't actually worked out if that would mean less games, but it feels like it should.

Massive achievement for SR and the team we were in 3rd on merit and if we had not had the shocking run after new year we would have been a lot further ahead of Aberdeen. 

So another European adventure to look forward to, and the 29th anniversary of the cup win in 91, happy days. :)

• Like 1

Well done to the management and players and indeed all at the club. I didn’t think we’d make 3rd but we have and on merit. So many questions remain unanswered but at least we can now put 2019/20 behind us and move on. At least now league monies are confirmed and can be paid out. Rebuilding can begin. Does anyone know what monies 3rd place attracts. 

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Awesome stuff.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't, well not at our entry point anyway.

Were next year a summer with no international football I could see there being a chance to spread things out a bit more but UEFA will want everything done and dusted ahead of the European Championships next summer so with that in place and the later start the window is reduced. They'll want to have their cake and eat it too so there's no chance in my opinion they would go for straight knock-outs.

I can see them possibly having a single play-off round in both tournaments with them using co-efficient to determine qualifiers and everyone else being palmed off with some compensatory payment.

Not sure if there will be a European tournament for us to play in . Seriously doubt if there is the fans will be allowed to travel.

Regardless I think it is simply amazing that our wee club finished 3rd. Proud of them all.

It's a shame we didn't get to see us battle it out for third. The two Aberdeen games could have been crackers.

As long as we have two week quarantine on entering the UK we won't be playing European football.

Can’t imagine Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen being very happy but at least I won’t have to see it in the papers every day.  We got more than enough shite to read about over here. 

50 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's a shame we didn't get to see us battle it out for third. The two Aberdeen games could have been crackers.

Aberdeen had their chance to overtake us for 3rd place in Jan and Feb when we were brutal and they blew it, so we deserve all we get on merit.

2 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Aberdeen had their chance to overtake us for 3rd place in Jan and Feb when we were brutal and they blew it, so we deserve all we get on merit.

Disagree with the 'merit' bit

15 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Disagree with the 'merit' bit

So who do you think deserved 3rd place more than us?

We've all played 30 games and to be where we are is excellent, the team, management and everyone involved in the club deserve huge credit for that.

Would we have made it to the final game in 3rd, I'm not sure with 2 games against Aberdeen still to play, Rangers twice as well, Celtic, Killie and Livi as well as either Hibs or St Johnstone so not many easy games left between now and the full season.  We would have made 4th though and Celtic or Rangers would have won the cup so we would still have made Europe.

We would have bit your hand off to be 3rd after 30 games in August so we have to look at this is a good season. Frustrating not to get to Hampden but one of those things. 

To do it without last seasons best player or any money to spend to replace him makes it all the more impressive.

Cannae wait to get back next season, whenever that ends up being and however the league looks as I think this situation is going to play havoc with next season.

43 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

No one merited it in my opinion 

Giving it to the team with the 3rd best ratio of points per game probably a good idea then.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, livivoice said:

Not sure if there will be a European tournament for us to play in . Seriously doubt if there is the fans will be allowed to travel.

Regardless I think it is simply amazing that our wee club finished 3rd. Proud of them all.

Maybe a chance for a select few to outdo the Albo 10.

26 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Giving it to the team with the 3rd best ratio of points per game probably a good idea then.

Its certainly the best way to do it in the scenario that they have dreamt up...