Spiderpig

Season suspended till further notice

3 hours ago, grumpy said:

NHS staff aren't being tested at all.

I've been tested once, which was 11 weeks ago when I was hospitalised with Covid 19. I've been back to work for seven weeks and I don't know of any of my colleagues who have been tested, other then if they were ill.

Firstly, I'm glad you're ok Grumpy, its a very nasty virus.

I find it unbelievable though that professional footballers get tested twice per week whilst NHS and care home staff, not to mention patients/residents, aren't being routinely tested at all. You couldn't make it up. 

Not quite true.  Care home staff being (or meant to be) tested weekly.  All residents  tested if one or more positive (considered outbreak) and sampling in homes with no outbreak.  Over 70s tested on admission and every 4 days or so in hospitals.  Anyone with symptoms can be tested if in first 5 days plus members of household.  I agree strange more front line NHS staff not being tested.  
Employers of key workers can also request testing. 
Testing footballers, even on weekly basis, wouldn’t be strain on testing capacity as it stands though.  

3 hours ago, grumpy said:

NHS staff aren't being tested at all.

I've been tested once, which was 11 weeks ago when I was hospitalised with Covid 19. I've been back to work for seven weeks and I don't know of any of my colleagues who have been tested, other then if they were ill.

My wife is NHS frontline taking blood samples every day from covid patients at Hairmyres hospital, and has never been  tested once since this pandemic began, same story with my step daughter, a nurse and care home manager and footballers are to be tested twice a week, its a feckin disgrace.

Not that I am disagreeing that it's horrible NHS staff aren't being tested but comparing it to footballers getting tested is a bit redundant given the test are an expense to the clubs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Not that I am disagreeing that it's horrible NHS staff aren't being tested but comparing it to footballers getting tested is a bit redundant given the test are an expense to the clubs.

Thats the main issue for me mate , everybody who needs a test should get one, does not matter how many times a week, but the government should be paying, not individuals or organisations. 

• Like 1

We couldn't restart the season because we can't afford to test but we are testing everyone twice a week anyway.

Why the players need to be tested to run about outside with 20 odd other guys when people in far more at risk professions aren't tested is beyond me. 

• Like 1

Boris has to pay for his new paint job on his toy plane...cuts need to be made elsewhere

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Why the players need to be tested to run about outside with 20 odd other guys when people in far more at risk professions aren't tested is beyond me. 

Luckily it's not beyond the actual people who are paid to know about these things.

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Boris has to pay for his new paint job on his toy plane...cuts need to be made elsewhere

Unless I'm mistaken the NHS in Scotland is devolved to the Scottish parliament. Nothing to do with Boris and his plane.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David said:

Luckily it's not beyond the actual people who are paid to know about these things.

There is no reasonable explanation for why Liam Donnelly needs to be tested twice a week when someone who works in a care home is struggling to get tested at all.

It's a farce. 

• Like 2

Just now, steelboy said:

There is no reasonable explanation for why Liam Donnelly needs to be tested twice a week when someone who works in a care home is struggling to get tested at all.

It's a farce. 

The truth is, both need to be tested regularly. That the NHS workers aren't being tested is a separate issue you need to take up with the Scottish government. 

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

We couldn't restart the season because we can't afford to test but we are testing everyone twice a week anyway.

Players have a decent union,  and the commercial operation that is football is also looking at its public image, and showing the govt it is taking measures to control any potential outbreak to allow return to business 

the public service workers and volunteers should be getting tested More regularly, I don’t understand why they are not, but that doesn’t mean workers in other sectors shouldn’t get tested

7 minutes ago, David said:

Unless I'm mistaken the NHS in Scotland is devolved to the Scottish parliament. Nothing to do with Boris and his plane.

It’s fek all to do with Motherwell but since you see fit to comment, do you not consider that UK govt income spent on such projects in part comes from Scottish sources ? so any UK govt spend If progressed, be it  Crossrail, HS2, a royal yacht or a paint job for a plane does in fact mean spend elsewhere is reduced including the ability of the Scottish govt to spend on dissolved services 

Just now, Brazilian said:

It’s fek all to do with Motherwell but since you see fit to comment, do you not consider that UK govt income spent on such projects in part comes from Scottish sources ? so any UK govt spend If progressed, be it  Crossrail, HS2, a royal yacht or a paint job for a plane does in fact mean spend elsewhere is reduced including the ability of the Scottish govt to spend on dissolved services 

I saw fit to comment because someone else commented on it. I get that it's the in-thing to blame Boris and his band of morons for everything, but I was always under the impression that the NHS was devolved to the Scottish government?

We hear from the government up here enough times about how "our" NHS is better than the one down south, don't we? So we only take responsibility when it's the positive stuff? Any negatives and it's the fault of the UK government?

Not for me. It's the Scottish government's responsibility. So it falls on them. 

Regardless, Scottish clubs paying privately for testing has no bearing on what care workers or NHS staff get by way of testing. If the government were footing the bill for the football testing then fair enough, but it isn't.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, David said:

However the extra payments for dealing with COVID are being paid over and above the NHS budget by the Uk Govt..pay attention

2 minutes ago, Well Well said:

However the extra payments for dealing with COVID are being paid over and above the NHS budget by the Uk Govt..pay attention

And the UK government haven't provided these payments to us? They've instead used them to paint Boris Johnson's new plane? As far as I'm aware we've been given extra funds on top of our usual NHS budget for Coronavirus issues, so it's obviously then up to the Scottish government how we spend that, isn't it?

If there's no testing going on in care homes or in hospitals, then who's fault is that? This is the point I'm making. It has absolutely fuck all to do with Boris Johnson or his plane. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

And the UK government haven't provided these payments to us? They've instead used them to paint Boris Johnson's new plane? As far as I'm aware we've been given extra funds on top of our usual NHS budget for Coronavirus issues, so it's obviously then up to the Scottish government how we spend that, isn't it?

If there's no testing going on in care homes or in hospitals, then who's fault is that? This is the point I'm making. It has absolutely fuck all to do with Boris Johnson or his plane. 

Jesus man, it was a poor attempt at a joke..maybe I should have put some emoticons on...Do you need to correct everything anyone posts on here....Moderation gone to your head...take a chill pill 

Just now, Well Well said:

Jesus man, it was a poor attempt at a joke..maybe I should have put some emoticons on...Do you need to correct everything anyone posts on here....Moderation gone to your head

Fuck all to with moderation. There's very little moderation on this board at all really.

Although, a 3 day ban for rubbish jokes wouldn't go amiss ;)

Scottish FA write to Hearts and Partick Thistle over decision to take legal action against SPFL

The Scottish FA has written to Hearts and Partick Thistle to ask them to explain why they are taking legal action against the Scottish Professional Football League, according to reports.

The clubs launched a joint petition at the Court of Session on Wednesday against their respective relegations following the collapse of league reconstruction talks.

Article 99 of the SFA rules state that a "member or an associated person must not take a football dispute to a court of law except with the prior approval of the Board".'

Potential punishments range from fines to suspension, or even expulsion.

According to a report on BBC Scotland, no deadline has been set for Hearts and Thistle to respond to the SFA's letter which will ask why they have chosen not to ask the governing body to arbitrate.

Hearts and Thistle could be issued with notices of complaint and face a judicial panel charge.

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The lawyers are arguing over the wording apparently,  article 99 specifies an "SFA dispute" but it seems the clubs are saying  that as its an SPFL issue so no breach of articles.

Its getting very messy now, semantics and legal bullshit, if this drags on I fear for the new season starting on time as planned.

8 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The lawyers are arguing over the wording apparently,  article 99 specifies an "SFA dispute" but it seems the clubs are saying  that as its an SPFL issue so no breach of articles.

Its getting very messy now, semantics and legal bullshit, if this drags on I fear for the new season starting on time as planned.

Of course that's up to the lawyers, but it's another hurdle for them.

On top of that, Dundee Utd, Cove Rangers and Raith Rovers have also engaged lawyers to fight Hearts.

“Whilst we are extremely unhappy that we have been drawn into this legal action, we can confirm that we immediately instructed external lawyers to act on our behalf and to protect our clubs’ interests. Since the SPFL resolution was passed by 81% of member clubs on 15th April 2020, which confirmed us all as title winners who were to be promoted, we have undertaken extensive and costly preparations for a new season in new leagues, including obtaining major financial commitments from our supporters, business partners and stakeholders. Our removal from those leagues would be ruinous on and off the field.

“We have each had a highly successful season, brought to a premature end by something bigger than our clubs and bigger than our sport. Our status as champions of our respective leagues is not being contested, and nor should the promotion which has always, and should always, come with it.

“The legal action that has been raised by Heart of Midlothian and Partick Thistle not only threatens the financial stability of the SPFL, but also its individual member clubs.

“For all of these reasons, we must and will robustly defend our position.

Surely there’s provision in the SPFL rules to expel Partick and Hearts anyway  as it’s basically a private members club. If the members vote to boot them out for bringing it into disrepute or something similar what could they do about it?

They both should have been expelled years ago for having a disproportionate amount of utter wanks in their fanbases tbqhwy.

• Haha 1

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-aberdeen-motherwell-europa-league-22239421

Europa League 2020/21 calendar in full:

Qualifying round one draw: August 10

Preliminary round: August 20

First qualifying round: August 27

Qualifying round two draw: August 31

Qualifying round three draw: September 1

Second qualifying round: September 17

Playoff draw: September 18

Third qualifying round: September 24

Playoffs: October 1

Nice to see UEFA have taken pragmatic steps to social distance the round 2 and round 3 draws by having 24 hours between them...

August 10th I assume is also when they decide home and away for our first game?