CoF

Season Tickets  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What you doing?

• Current holder - Renewing
    • Current holder - Not renewing
    • Didn't have ST last year - getting one
    • Didn't have ST last year - not getting one
    • Decide once we've got more information.

Slightly off topic, but have any overseas posters managed to create an account to buy tickets for the Motherwell v Covid-19 initiative? Even after I work around the fact it needs a valid UK mobile number, every time I try to  create an account I get "Unexpected Error".

48 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I was able to put in my US number with country code, but I couldn't get the transaction to work on mobile, had to complete it on a desktop.

I tried US number with country code and without country code. I tried a (real) UK number and fake UK number after choosing UK as a location.  And a combination of all of these on a UK VPN, all from my desktop. Still no luck.

I pinged support to see if they could assist, but no reply yet.

On 4/14/2020 at 1:40 PM, weeyin said:

Slightly off topic, but have any overseas posters managed to create an account to buy tickets for the Motherwell v Covid-19 initiative? Even after I work around the fact it needs a valid UK mobile number, every time I try to  create an account I get "Unexpected Error".

I heard back from Wendy at the club and this is how I managed to register.

It seems that it recognises my Well Society membership number. So I had to do the following:

- On the sign-in page, click on the "Forgot your login details" link

- For Customer Number, enter your Well Society membership number. It needs to be 5 digits, so add 0 or 00 at the front if necessary.

- Click the Reset Password button - that sends a reset password email to the email address on file

- Use the reset password link from the email

- Sorted

Renewed today, the only difficulty was when I tried to donate to the Motherwell FC v Covid-19 link I kept getting an error message telling me that I was using a different delivery location for each, I just had to give up in the end and only pay for my season ticket.

Renewed mind on line but had a problem trying to get my grandaughters. Wendy sent me the details how to do it and now sorted.  She said they were going well so obviously there are people who can afford it and are still wanting to back the club despite all the uncertainty about next season. I fully appreciate there are probably a lot of people who are not in my position and I am really sorry for them in the present situation.

• Like 2

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

The money for the season ticket is sitting in my account until someone can tell me when the season starts and whether there will be spectator restrictions. In all honesty, I think the clubs looking for fans to buy season books just now are looking ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous?

If fans want to support their club now, and have the money to do so, they can buy a season ticket in full knowledge that next season could/will be altered.

If fans don't want to take the risk of buying a season ticket now, or can't afford it in current climate, they can wait.

Both perfectly reasonable options.

It's not like anyone is being forced to buy tickets.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The money for the season ticket is sitting in my account until someone can tell me when the season starts and whether there will be spectator restrictions. In all honesty, I think the clubs looking for fans to buy season books just now are looking ridiculous. 

Get it out and get them paid!!!!!!!!!!!! 

49 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Why is it ridiculous?

If fans want to support their club now, and have the money to do so, they can buy a season ticket in full knowledge that next season could/will be altered.

If fans don't want to take the risk of buying a season ticket now, or can't afford it in current climate, they can wait.

Both perfectly reasonable options.

It's not like anyone is being forced to buy tickets.

It's ridiculous because they are selling a product that they themselves don't even know what it consists of. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

As long as fans are not been hoodwinked or deliberately deceived and are not forced or coerced then it’s not ridiculous for those who can to renew. I’ll be renewing shortly in the full knowledge that I have no idea when football will resume. Those who are renewing are doing so to help the club. Each to their own. 

55 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It's ridiculous because they are selling a product that they themselves don't even know what it consists of. 

Not much different from buying shares or placing a bet at the bookies, really. If you don't fancy or can't afford the risk then that's absolutely fine. Most folk who have renewed seem to consider it as an alternative to a one-off Well Society donation, with the potential perk of eventually getting into some games for free.

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I've bought one knowing fine well I might not see a ball kicked this year. I also know, depending on reconstruction and the possibility of closed door games there's a chance I won't get my moneys worth.

I'm fine with that because it's not about getting to the next game, it's about adding to the financial security and making a wee statement that I want the club to survive. The majority of folk buying will have similar motivations.

I totally get why some, like yourself, want to wait. I think club have done the right thing by giving us that option.

The only thing that is ridiculous about this is some of the comments from the usual suspects!

If you dont want to buy a season ticket based on the info you have right now then dont!

But dont put off anyone else that wants to for their own reasons.

Ive never been a season ticket holder  because of where I stay.  But  Ive bought one now because I realise the situation the club is in right now.

Ok, I have the money and  Im lucky because a lot of peopke dont right now . But I am in a positiin where I can help, so I have bought a season ticket on the basis of no expectation.

I have given the club the money in the hope that we will get some football at some point and that I will get something back.

But the most important thing to me right now is that we still have a club when all of this is over.

I accept that a lot of  fans just cant commit to that because of personal circumstances, bit dont put off those who can.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

It would be ridiculous if you were forced to buy one. Or they promised you 20 home games.

As neither is the case, the only ridiculous thing is you trying to tell fans how they should spend your money.