CoF

Season Tickets  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What you doing?

• Current holder - Renewing
    • Current holder - Not renewing
    • Didn't have ST last year - getting one
    • Didn't have ST last year - not getting one
    • Decide once we've got more information.

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

Can I suggest the "buy nothing and shut up" option?

Oh a telling off from the forum conscience, Its a public forum,  so everyone is entitled to an opinion, so get off your high horse and chill.

In this case oneil40 has a point, would you Committ yourself to a years sky subscription if they said yo might only get 9 months viewing, if you knew all the facts maybe, but most would not.

A season ticket is no different remove all the sentiment and drivel about football clubs and its a product for sale just the same.  So if all the facts were presented at point of sale then its an individuals choice, but in this case they have not been.

8 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Oh... And I don't remember telling anyone what to do with their money

I think you did by asking them to go to a gofund me page for Bellshill Athletic. If you raised that subject for support then tell me what will the people who gave to that cause get, hee haw. To put it bluntly you gave to them willingly but can't give to us. So basically you don't want to support Motherwell!!!! 

Just now, Jumbomuir said:

I think you did by asking them to go to a gofund me page for Bellshill Athletic. If you raised that subject for support then tell me what will the people who gave to that cause get, hee haw. To put it bluntly you gave to them willingly but can't give to us. So basically you don't want to support Motherwell!!!! 

Asking and telling are two very different words... 

... Bellshill Athletic are skint, pratted, in a very bad way, and have had their clubhouse burnt down, most folk stuck a fiver, tenner or a score in to the pot to give them a wee hand... 

... Motherwell have government assistance available that they appear to be shunning. 

10 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

My stance is that the club should be furloughing staff, not pestering fans for money for a product that right now, doesn't exist 

Everyone has a right to do as they wish and I quite understand those who can't afford to renew or those like yourself who want to hold off to end sure you get a product for your cash. However you are saying above that the club should not be giving those who want to renew just now the opportunity to do so, and by implication those who want to renew should not be allowed to do so. Have I got that right?

35 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Everyone has a right to do as they wish and I quite understand those who can't afford to renew or those like yourself who want to hold off to end sure you get a product for your cash. However you are saying above that the club should not be giving those who want to renew just now the opportunity to do so, and by implication those who want to renew should not be allowed to do so. Have I got that right?

I think your implication is wrong Dave.  He's offered a *personal opinion* that he believes it isn't appropriate for the club to be selling tickets for an unspecified number of fixtures to be played at an unspecified time potentially without you actually being there to use the ticket you've purchased, whilst telling you how much your financial support means to the day to day running of the club; whilst at the very same time seemingly not taking advantage of a scheme that would make the day to day running of the club a good bit more manageable.

I don't think there's any been any suggestion that anyone should be prevented from renewing or buying if they so wish.

• Like 1

While I understand the sensitivity around furlough, I find it a tad surprising that the club haven’t commented on this. This would be something I’d want to know before purchasing a season ticket.

As admirable as it may for a provincial club to resist Govt support, solely plugging gaps with transfer and season ticket income while others are using furlough, would put a club at a significant disadvantage to their competitors.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I think your implication is wrong Dave.  He's offered a *personal opinion* that he believes it isn't appropriate for the club to be selling tickets for an unspecified number of fixtures to be played at an unspecified time potentially without you actually being there to use the ticket you've purchased, whilst telling you how much your financial support means to the day to day running of the club; whilst at the very same time seemingly not taking advantage of a scheme that would make the day to day running of the club a good bit more manageable.

I don't think there's any been any suggestion that anyone should be prevented from renewing or buying if they so wish.

I that's it in a nutshell... I get that we all have an emotional pull for the club, and want to assist when/if we can (I literally nearly pressed the purchase button myself), but that's what the footballing industry has relied on for far too long... In my own personal opinion, it's actually taking the piss. 

4 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

While I understand the sensitivity around furlough, I find it a tad surprising that the club haven’t commented on this. This would be something I’d want to know before purchasing a season ticket.

As admirable as it may for a provincial club to resist Govt support, solely plugging gaps with transfer and season ticket income while others are using furlough, would put a club at a significant disadvantage to their competitors.  

Aye that's it for me... Clubs far bigger than us are furloughing staff to make ends meet or plug gaps, while we don't appear to be, which seems strange

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye that's it for me... Clubs far bigger than us are furloughing staff to make ends meet or plug gaps, while we don't appear to be, which seems strange

I think you'll find once the season is declared finally over then the club will furlough. As for buying them personally I would rather buy a season ticket for the Mighty than stick anything into a tinpot junior club that's been going downhill for years. 

5 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

I think you'll find once the season is declared finally over then the club will furlough. As for buying them personally I would rather buy a season ticket for the Mighty than stick anything into a tinpot junior club that's been going downhill for years. 

They may be furloughing already for all wr know... But hey ho, we're only fans. 

You do what you like with your money, I'll keep my £350 until I know what I'm buying 

At the end of the day you either trust that the board know what they’re doing in a financial sense that won’t leave us at a monetary disadvantage over other clubs or you don’t.

Going by their track record over the last few months and the calibre/financial expertise and experience of the people making the decisions I’m  inclined  to believe the former.

They could keep us a bit better informed right enough.

8 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Exactly my point on the thread with this very topic.  You mention it is sensitive and it is for clubs paying millions to players every year, but that is not Motherwell FC. I would imagine our average wage taking the under 21’s into account would be covered by the furlough scheme or a very large %.  

The reality is that if British Airways can furlough 40,000 employees whilst making hundreds of millions in profit last few years then we should have no issues with it. 

As stated I hope the club are on top of this as even missing out by a month would have a negative impact of at least a couple of hundred thousand £ v St Mirren, Hibs, Ross County et al.  I have renewed my season ticket but can understand some holding off until this is clarified. We will likely all be paying higher taxes (those fortunate to have a job in a few months) to pay off deficit so would want Motherwell to benefit. 

15 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Oh a telling off from the forum conscience, Its a public forum,  so everyone is entitled to an opinion, so get off your high horse and chill.

Was that you telling me off for having an opinion we're all entitled to?

• Thanks 1

A simple calculation confirms it for me. Allowing for 40 employees  across playing and non playing Staff, three months equates to anything from £240k to £300k. That amounts to an awful lot of Season Ticket income. In a crisis such as the  world is experiencing, can a Business like Motherwell afford to ignore financial support of that magnitude, especially as we possibly have no access to Bank finance.  And sadly three months is likely a minimum. Ireland has just announced no major sporting gatherings until September at the earliest. Sturgeon might not be far behind.  If MFC are not willing to avail themselves of that support for moral reasons then our Board need to consider what is best long term for the football club, and ultimately their fans and employees. We are going to look pretty silly if, in three months time, the cash has run out and there is still no likelihood of things returning to any sort of normal. I won’t even dwell on the advantage we are handing our rivals. 

Motherwell should be grabbing any sort of assistance they can and not just relying on benevolent Season Ticket Holders and the Well Society Membership for survival. A lawful option is there. Use it. That’s why the Government introduced the Scheme. Apparently the Beckhams have no such qualms and I think they probably have a bit more cash than our wee football club.

Having said all that, I will be amazed if Motherwell have totally ignored the option. Surely some Staff must be furloughed, hopefully on full Salary. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Aside from the footballing argument, Furloghing where we can would be the right thing to do for the club and the local area. We don't know how long this loss of income will go on so the club's very existence is genuinely at threat here. A loss for us fans obviously, but also a huge loss to the local economy of a bi-weekly event attracting between 4 and 10 thousand people. That's not to mention the community initiatives that would be lost. 

It's a moral question. Does the local benefit gained from the clubs existence outweigh what we'd take in Government hand-outs?  I'd say aye - absolutely, and I'm fairly certain I've not got my claret and amber tinted specs on here.

• Like 1

A few on this thread tapping into a subject they know little of...

Like it or not, not every issue will be relayed to the rank and file support. The club can call on personnel experienced & capable of utilising revenue streams from various sources & to best of knowledge are doing so.

7 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

A few on this thread tapping into a subject they know little of...

Like it or not, not every issue will be relayed to the rank and file support. The club can call on personnel experienced & capable of utilising revenue streams from various sources & to best of knowledge are doing so.

So much like many if not most posts on any football forum. 

Motherwell FC is owned by the fans and many on here myself included are seeking clarity on what the club are doing around the GOV furlough scheme. It has substantial implications if for whatever reason we have decided not to seek that assistance even for 1 month. I am hoping they are but for whatever reason have decided not to communicate their position.  But since most of the provincial clubs have stated their position why not Motherwell FC ? 

As the days go on and weeks than this is not going away. Fans are rightly concerned that any money they are putting into the club at this moment in time will meet staff wages when there is an accessible scheme to allow them to help offset this expense during Covid 19 crisis. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Exactly my point on the thread with this very topic.  You mention it is sensitive and it is for clubs paying millions to players every year, but that is not Motherwell FC. I would imagine our average wage taking the under 21’s into account would be covered by the furlough scheme or a very large %.  

The reality is that if British Airways can furlough 40,000 employees whilst making hundreds of millions in profit last few years then we should have no issues with it. 

As stated I hope the club are on top of this as even missing out by a month would have a negative impact of at least a couple of hundred thousand £ v St Mirren, Hibs, Ross County et al.  I have renewed my season ticket but can understand some holding off until this is clarified. We will likely all be paying higher taxes (those fortunate to have a job in a few months) to pay off deficit so would want Motherwell to benefit. 

Probably, or we could cancel trident....... just a thought.

7 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

So much like many if not most posts on any football forum. 

Motherwell FC is owned by the fans and many on here myself included are seeking clarity on what the club are doing around the GOV furlough scheme. It has substantial implications if for whatever reason we have decided not to seek that assistance even for 1 month. I am hoping they are but for whatever reason have decided not to communicate their position.  But since most of the provincial clubs have stated their position why not Motherwell FC ? 

As the days go on and weeks than this is not going away. Fans are rightly concerned that any money they are putting into the club at this moment in time will meet staff wages when there is an accessible scheme to allow them to help offset this expense during Covid 19 crisis. 

Well aware the club are fan owned. Made clear from the beginning of that particular journey that not every commercially sensitive decision would be shared & I like many are comfortable with that. Hardly withholding information when accounts will be published? Suspect our club have been ahead of the game in many respects.

Without reading latest statements, have the club stated monies currently offered are being used in the way you describe?