CoF

Season Tickets  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What you doing?

• Current holder - Renewing
    • Current holder - Not renewing
    • Didn't have ST last year - getting one
    • Didn't have ST last year - not getting one
    • Decide once we've got more information.

Our fan own club is in the hands of our fan owned board with the tail wagging the dog from the club board.

If and a big if we are insured for such a pandemic situation we are presently in then obviously no need to furlough staff. However that is a big if and clarity wouldn’t go a miss  especially when the club and society are first to put their hands out with a begging bowl to the same core group of supporters for money when times are tough. 

Why on earth would the club not take advantage of the furlough scheme and only keep a handful of people on the books just now ?  If Mr Burrows and the board were to clarify they might see an increase in season ticket sales. I just hope we aren’t pissing money down the drain after all the years of hard work.  Possibly the biggest financial decision ever during fan ownership and the silence is deafening. 

• Like 1

Season ticket uptake has so far has broken expectation without informing the few sounding the loudest of current staff status & any revenue stream.

if the club have chosen not to disclose for now they must have good reason. They’ve been trusted to lead us to where we find ourselves, why not trust them to carry on in same positive direction?

It’s as if no balance sheet & accounts will be produced for our perusal .

• Like 6

I have every faith in those in charge of our club and they will be more aware than any of us about the current pandemic and it’s financial implications. As OTF says if they haven’t divulged details of our current financial planning then there will be good reason for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motherwellfc1991 said:

Our fan own club is in the hands of our fan owned board with the tail wagging the dog from the club board.

If and a big if we are insured for such a pandemic situation we are presently in then obviously no need to furlough staff. However that is a big if and clarity wouldn’t go a miss  especially when the club and society are first to put their hands out with a begging bowl to the same core group of supporters for money when times are tough. 

Why on earth would the club not take advantage of the furlough scheme and only keep a handful of people on the books just now ?  If Mr Burrows and the board were to clarify they might see an increase in season ticket sales. I just hope we aren’t pissing money down the drain after all the years of hard work.  Possibly the biggest financial decision ever during fan ownership and the silence is deafening. 

I get what your saying about being a fan owned club, but info that goes out to the fans also goes into the public domain. We've become pretty skilled at negotiating fees, extensions etc and we're only a few months away from a transfer window. The club might be taking the view that the less other clubs know about our financial position the better. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Motherwellfc1991 said:

I just hope we aren’t pissing money down the drain after all the years of hard work.

I'd be absolutely astonished if this were the case. Some people have an axe to grind with Burrows, but his track record until now speaks for itself, and I'm happy to trust he's making the right call.

• Like 3

Partick Thistle offering 19-20 season ticket holders partial refunds, if required, now that their season is finished:

"Our starting point is to say another sincere “thank you” to all supporters in the Partick Thistle family, who have rallied round in so many ways over the past month or so.

"We are in unprecedented times and know that many of you are experiencing difficulties of your own. That makes the total revenues generated since the middle of March humbling – the figure has now just passed the £100,000 mark.

"With the official end of the 2019/20 Ladbrokes Championship season, Partick Thistle FC will now make partial refunds available to all 2019/20 season ticket holders in line with the five home league matches not played.

"The club fully appreciates that a refund may be much needed in some households at this time.

"However, to put it in to context, should all 2019/20 season ticket holders claim a refund the total cost to the club would be in excess of £80,000 –  so any fans who can afford to consider not taking up the offer would help assist with the club’s current financial considerations.

"Once again, we thank all fans for their incredible support, financial or otherwise, in recent weeks and hope this latest update is helpful to you.

"Most of all, we continue to encourage you to follow government and NHS advice and look after yourselves and one another. There is nothing more important than the wellbeing of all connected with Partick Thistle. Football will eventually return to Firhill – and we want to see everyone there."

22 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I have every faith in those in charge of our club and they will be more aware than any of us about the current pandemic and it’s financial implications. As OTF says if they haven’t divulged details of our current financial planning then there will be good reason for that.

Absolutely, people just need to show patience and a little trust, they have done nothing to suggest they have anything but the best interest of the club at heart and appear to be doing a pretty good job on the financial front. No idea what some of the anti Burrows stuff is about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Absolutely, people just need to show patience and a little trust, they have done nothing to suggest they have anything but the best interest of the club at heart and appear to be doing a pretty good job on the financial front. No idea what some of the anti Burrows stuff is about.

I think anyone with an axe to grind with Burrows needs to take a hard look at the difference in the club since he worked his way up the ranks. I heard nothing positive about Leeann Dempster towards the end and the finances of the club were going back down the tube. Burrows has the club a more professional looking outfit looking inward and the feel of the club in general is much more positive. On top of that the board have more than proven themselves over the clubs management past few years. It certainly seems to me that MFC at the moment is the best run it has been in my lifetime of following the club anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StirlingDosser said:

I think anyone with an axe to grind with Burrows needs to take a hard look at the difference in the club since he worked his way up the ranks. I heard nothing positive about Leeann Dempster towards the end and the finances of the club were going back down the tube. Burrows has the club a more professional looking outfit looking inward and the feel of the club in general is much more positive. On top of that the board have more than proven themselves over the clubs management past few years. It certainly seems to me that MFC at the moment is the best run it has been in my lifetime of following the club anyway.

13 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Couldn't agree more. Thankfully, aside from the few oddballs on here these views are shared by the vast majority of the support.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoF said:

Couldn't agree more. Thankfully, aside from the few oddballs on here these views are shared by the vast majority of the support.

+1 . Delighted with the governance of the club since Dempster left .

Jim McMahon and the board have not only steadied the ship but gave us a solid base to build on . 

Was looking forward to seeing us progress further under their  leadership but this crisis might derail us a little . Hopefully not .

Anyway I’ve complete confidence in their ability and decision making .

And a word for Alan Burrows . This lad has proved himself beyond doubt that he is a hard working CEO  and we’re lucky to have him . 

The club was restructured from top too bottom and we’re in the best position we’ve been in financially and on the park for a long time 

And that’s down to the guys in charge . 

Long may it continue  as under dempster boyle we were flying by the seat of our pants  with no stability and that’s always a disaster waiting to happen 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

No idea what some of the anti Burrows stuff is about.

This comment got me curious so I went back and read through the entire thread to see what the "anti Burrows stuff" was. Other than one mention of "Alan Burrows and the Board"  at the start of Page 4 of4 , the first mention of  animosity towards  Alan Burrows being a feature was by David, also on Page 4 of 4. David commented- 

"I'd be absolutely astonished if this were the case. Some people have an axe to grind with Burrows, but his track record until now speaks for itself, and I'm happy to trust he's making the right call."

That was followed by Yorkyred as quoted above.

So the first two occasions Alan Burrows was mentioned individually , he was complimented and supported. Hardly "anti Burrows stuff" as is being stated.

From what I read throughout the thread a number of people, including me, raised the question as to whether MFC have utilised (or are considering utilising) the Government's Furlough Scheme, Their justification for asking  what they see as a valid question was clearly laid out.  Others disagree and don't consider it a legitimate question. Fair enough. That's what fan forums are about. Some also expressed a view that our Board could be a bit more realistic with regards to Season Tickets as the season ahead is far from clear in many aspects. . Others clearly disagree and are entitled to that view. Again that's what discussion forums are about.

But nowhere on this thread could I find any criticism of Alan Burrows as an individual. Strange that some appear to be suggesting there is. Just to be clear, I think Alan has done and continues to do a fantastic job for Motherwell Football Club. And long may he continue. The vast majority of Motherwell fans seem to share that view.

In the thread relating to the League being suspended,  lots of posters agree that the manner in which the SPFL Board has handled things has been embarrassing and suspicious. In fact most football fans in Scotland appear to share that view. Comment was made that Alan Burrows is a member of the SPFL Board which is accurate as far as I know. Again, it is the Board which has been criticised and not Alan as an individual. 

I do think that one person in particular does take issue with Alan Burrows on a regular basis. Why that is I don't know and I strongly disagree in almost every case. But I respect his right to express his views if supported by evidence and facts.  But this current thread is not about Alan Burrows although some seem determined to change that. That has deflected from the intended purpose of the thread........ Season Tickets and the justification or not for purchasing them now to assist the Club financially.  

4 hours ago, dennyc said:

This comment got me curious so I went back and read through the entire thread to see what the "anti Burrows stuff" was. Other than one mention of "Alan Burrows and the Board"  at the start of Page 4 of4 , the first mention of  animosity towards  Alan Burrows being a feature was by David, also on Page 4 of 4. David commented- 

"I'd be absolutely astonished if this were the case. Some people have an axe to grind with Burrows, but his track record until now speaks for itself, and I'm happy to trust he's making the right call."

That was followed by Yorkyred as quoted above.

So the first two occasions Alan Burrows was mentioned individually , he was complimented and supported. Hardly "anti Burrows stuff" as is being stated.

From what I read throughout the thread a number of people, including me, raised the question as to whether MFC have utilised (or are considering utilising) the Government's Furlough Scheme, Their justification for asking  what they see as a valid question was clearly laid out.  Others disagree and don't consider it a legitimate question. Fair enough. That's what fan forums are about. Some also expressed a view that our Board could be a bit more realistic with regards to Season Tickets as the season ahead is far from clear in many aspects. . Others clearly disagree and are entitled to that view. Again that's what discussion forums are about.

But nowhere on this thread could I find any criticism of Alan Burrows as an individual. Strange that some appear to be suggesting there is. Just to be clear, I think Alan has done and continues to do a fantastic job for Motherwell Football Club. And long may he continue. The vast majority of Motherwell fans seem to share that view.

In the thread relating to the League being suspended,  lots of posters agree that the manner in which the SPFL Board has handled things has been embarrassing and suspicious. In fact most football fans in Scotland appear to share that view. Comment was made that Alan Burrows is a member of the SPFL Board which is accurate as far as I know. Again, it is the Board which has been criticised and not Alan as an individual. 

I do think that one person in particular does take issue with Alan Burrows on a regular basis. Why that is I don't know and I strongly disagree in almost every case. But I respect his right to express his views if supported by evidence and facts.  But this current thread is not about Alan Burrows although some seem determined to change that. That has deflected from the intended purpose of the thread........ Season Tickets and the justification or not for purchasing them now to assist the Club financially.  

I think folk equated comments about the board as personal criticism as there's definitely a wee contingent who, when things aren't going well on the pitch, jump straight to criticism of the board and, in particular Alan Burrows. It always comes across as an unbalanced take on things and a wee personal dig rather than a well thought out opinion. 

Your forensic analysis needs to go a bit deeper Dennyc :lol:

On 4/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, CoF said:

I think folk equated comments about the board as personal criticism as there's definitely a wee contingent who, when things aren't going well on the pitch, jump straight to criticism of the board and, in particular Alan Burrows. It always comes across as an unbalanced take on things and a wee personal dig rather than a well thought out opinion. 

Yep pretty much, I simply  replied to a post by David with what I see from time to time on various threads. Some of the criticism just seems illogical at times with nothing to back it up, taking a pop for taking a pop’s sake.

On 4/24/2020 at 8:30 PM, CoF said:

Aye. About 5 years! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Not been paid in months and I strongly suspect if there is any football there won't be fans there, at least in 2020.

So right now it's looking like I won't be getting one.

It's a tricky situation, I know the club needs the money but I don't have any.  It's as simple as that.

And in terms of Scottish football governance I'd only expect more confusion, muddle, in fighting and agenda driven decision making.

Honestly, I think Scottish football doesn't even know how much trouble it's in yet.  It will dawn on them in the coming months.

Looking at the stats there is close to zero risk for u45s without underlying morbidities so I think the government are going to have a hard time justifying extreme social distancing for 60 million people for an indefinite amount of time once the current curve flattens. 

We should be aiming to play as normal starting in August and change that if there is a second wave of infections. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Looking at the stats there is close to zero risk for u45s without underlying morbidities so I think the government are going to have a hard time justifying extreme social distancing for 60 million people for an indefinite amount of time once the current curve flattens. 

We should be aiming to play as normal starting in August and change that if there is a second wave of infections. 

Are you talking about England and Wales or Scotland? Scotland could adopt a different approach to the UK Government. Apart from that, are you suggesting that over 45s and under 45s with underlying health conditions be excluded from games on health grounds or that they don't matter?  You also miss the point that under 45s  could pick up and transmit the virus to older friends and families, or those with underlying health conditions. An August start simply won't happen. 

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Looking at the stats there is close to zero risk for u45s without underlying morbidities

close to zero risk? I assume based on reckless use of the information, you are implying close to zero risk, of death due to Covid?

if so? you are just ignoring the significant impact on the life of the many in that age group that suffer the more serious health implications of the virus

sure there is a heavily weighted impact on the elderly, but its foolish to write off any impact the u45's

21 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not been paid in months and I strongly suspect if there is any football there won't be fans there, at least in 2020.

So right now it's looking like I won't be getting one.

I wouldn't imagine that you're alone in this situation.

The biggest threat to our society at present isn't the actual virus itself. And the virus spreading isn't the biggest threat to Scottish football. 

We're supposedly heading towards 1930's great depression levels of unemployment, and the lockdown is totally fucking up the economy. And I know, every time the economy is mentioned there's always some twat who pipes up "Is the economy more important than saving lives?!?! What if it were YOU or your LOVED ONES?!? Eh? Eh?"

Well, the economy tanking will likely destroy more lives over the next twenty years than the virus will. 

The truth is, football is fucked as it is. If we're looking for the levels of safety that medical types are wanting before we let punters into stadiums then we'd be as well calling it a day and shutting the club down for the next few years, because we're not getting to that point any time soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brazilian said:

close to zero risk? I assume based on reckless use of the information, you are implying close to zero risk, of death due to Covid?

if so? you are just ignoring the significant impact on the life of the many in that age group that suffer the more serious health implications of the virus

sure there is a heavily weighted impact on the elderly, but its foolish to write off any impact the u45's

People with serious illnesses will have to self isolate for their own health regardless. 

There have been less than 700 Covid deaths of u45s in the UK (and only 2 u16s). Given the size of the u45 population the risk is effectively zero for those without underlying conditions. These are tiny numbers despite millions of people still being at work and no strict lockdown. 

You can pretty much guarantee that for u45s  the lockdown will have caused far more issues in terms of suicides, mental health, alcohol abuse, poverty, domestic abuse than Covid. 

The general lockdown was necessary for the first outbreak but as we go forward with more data then it should be tailored to protect at risk groups.