CoF

Season Tickets  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What you doing?

• Current holder - Renewing
    • Current holder - Not renewing
    • Didn't have ST last year - getting one
    • Didn't have ST last year - not getting one
    • Decide once we've got more information.

The news today about the streaming option was the final push I needed and tonight I bought my first season ticket in 18 years. 

If you've been thinking about it and you too need a little persuasion - feel free to use this post as the catalyst to getting a season ticket for this coming season!

Here's the link to save you searching for it. Click it once you find your debit / credit card :)

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/motherwellfc

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Can anyone do me a favour? What's the difference between a standard adult ticket and a family adult ticket in the options? They are both the same price.

At a guess I would think adult standard is just an adult whereas the family would be the adult +1 free in the Hunter and O'Donnell stands  or the adult + 2 free in the Cooper deals.

22 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

At a guess I would think adult standard is just an adult whereas the family would be the adult +1 free in the Hunter and O'Donnell stands  or the adult + 2 free in the Cooper deals.

Aye, it's not obvious from the website, but if you download the brochure it says:

We make it easy to keep it in the family. Everyone who buys an adult or concession season ticket can claim a free season ticket for a child aged 15 or under. Completely free of charge, sat next to you in the stands. Better still, if you sit in our Cooper Stand, which is our designated family stand, you can get two free kids tickets.

If you’ve got more kids to bring along, don’t worry. We make it easy to bring them as well, with a £20 season ticket for all children aged 15 and under.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

It’s not wrong if someone needs the money, it could be £60 or so.  No issues if someone claims it, most won’t.

Even more if it's a family of 3 or 4 full price season ticket holders.

It's great if you can afford to let it go. It's also great that you can get a refund if you need it.

Only on here would you get an argument about why having both options is a bad thing.

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's nice to be a fan of a club that does the right thing.

It is, and I’m glad the club has finally got round to this announcement,  I’ll accept the timelines based on reduced staffing etc

however I’m surprised at only a one week window of opportunity to request the refund and even more surprised that with such a short period the club hasn’t immediately notified  affected ticket holders directly where possible 

3 hours ago, Jumbomuir said:

Could never ask for a refund, just wrong. 

I was really angry at reading the guilting on the club’s official social media accounts, maybe it’s not meant in that way, but it’s horrendously ignorant to imply  it’s wrong to claim a refund (on what is effectively  a purchase that wasn’t delivered.)

if anyone feels they want a refund it should not be knocked, it’s fine to feel that you wouldn’t feel it’s right for yourself but for the sake of a couple of words acknowledge others may need to or that it is simply ok if required 

11 hours ago, Brazilian said:

It is, and I’m glad the club has finally got round to this announcement,  I’ll accept the timelines based on reduced staffing etc

however I’m surprised at only a one week window of opportunity to request the refund and even more surprised that with such a short period the club hasn’t immediately notified  affected ticket holders directly where possible 

I was really angry at reading the guilting on the club’s official social media accounts, maybe it’s not meant in that way, but it’s horrendously ignorant to imply  it’s wrong to claim a refund (on what is effectively  a purchase that wasn’t delivered.)

if anyone feels they want a refund it should not be knocked, it’s fine to feel that you wouldn’t feel it’s right for yourself but for the sake of a couple of words acknowledge others may need to or that it is simply ok if required 

I read exactly that into the messages from the club

20 hours ago, Jumbomuir said:

Could never ask for a refund, just wrong. 

Why is it wrong, if you paid for 12 months car insurance, sky TV etc and only got 11 months would you not bother asking for your money back for the missed time? 

Season tickets are no different, you pay up front for 19 games, so you should get 19 any less and you are due a refund, simples

5 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Why is it wrong, if you paid for 12 months car insurance, sky TV etc and only got 11 months would you not bother asking for your money back for the missed time? 

Season tickets are no different, you pay up front for 19 games, so you should get 19 any less and you are due a refund, simples

Ok I’ll just ask for it back then donate it to the club

That way the club looses out on the VAT refund.

Up to each individual on what they want to do ……… Personally I bye a season ticket to support the club not as a way to get cheaper games 

• Like 2

I calculate my refund entitlement to be  £70+.  Like many others,  I consider this money already spent and can regard it as a donation to the club. However, watching the news, and foreseeing a gigantic economic depression ahead, I feel one of the lucky ones. I have been able to work from home on full salary and my employment looks secure for the time being. It's alarming to see an almost daily announcement of thousands of redundancies. So for anyone facing an uncertain financial future, loyalty to Motherwell FC is one thing, but I for one would never question your need to claim a rebate on your season ticket. Good luck everybody. Stay healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would imagine big majority will waive refund I know all of my mates have , but agree 100% if a refund can help finances people must take it it’s your money after all . People who are waiving their refund are giving a donation to club so if you can’t afford to do that take your refund and certainly please don’t feel bad about it .Its the same with next season if you can afford to buy now do but if money is tight make sure you look after number 1 which is yourself .

• 2 weeks later...