Season 2021-22 - 90th anniversary of 1931-32 league title win

underboyleheating

Season 2021-22 is not too far off and I would love see us celebrated the 90th anniversary of our only top league title victory by wearing a commemorative shirt for a season. 

I’m sure Macron could produce a modern replica of our title winning shirt, however, still sticking closely to the original 1930s hoop sleeve design. I know Copa produced a replica of this iconic shirt a few years ago, but this is my photoshopped take on how I envisage a Macron version might look like. 

I appreciate that the older Rugby style football shirts are not to everyones taste, however, when commemorating an anniversary I think it’s fine to revisit older designs. It’s an important part of our history and should be acknowledged.

I know I should really wait until the 100 year anniversary, but I’m 
impatient.

image.thumb.png.e43ca976ef68a23eb94756033335c830.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Season 2021-22 is not too far off and I would love see us celebrated the 90th anniversary of our only top league title victory by wearing a commemorative shirt for a season. 

I’m sure Macron could produce a modern replica of our title winning shirt, however, still sticking closely to the original 1930s hoop sleeve design. I know Copa produced a replica of this iconic shirt a few years ago, but this is my photoshopped take on how I envisage a Macron version might look like. 

I appreciate that the older Rugby style football shirts are not to everyones taste, however, when commemorating an anniversary I think it’s fine to revisit older designs. It’s an important part of our history and should be acknowledged.

I know I should really wait until the 100 year anniversary, but I’m 
impatient.

image.thumb.png.e43ca976ef68a23eb94756033335c830.png

I would buy that top....

UBH you’ve done it again :imsohappy:

• Like 1

Celebrating 90  years since we were Scottish champions is a bit sad really, gives the impression of a club. Desperate to sell shirts for any reason, I give you Celtic and the Lisbon  lions ,  30, 40, 50, 60 years  etc ad nauseum ,. As a retro shirt its good I would buy it,but not in tribute to a long forgotten achievement .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Celebrating 90  years since we were Scottish champions is a bit sad really, gives the impression of a club. Desperate to sell shirts for any reason, I give you Celtic and the Lisbon  lions ,  30, 40, 50, 60 years  etc ad nauseum ,. As a retro shirt its good I would buy it,but not in tribute to a long forgotten achievement .

I get your point about the 90 year thing, but the very fact you've referred to the clubs only ever top flight win as 'long forgotten' suggests we definitely need to do more to celebrate it. 

16 hours ago, weeyin said:

I like to shirt, but not in favour of 90 year anniversary anything.

Other teams do it. I’ve seen shirts celebrating different years. Personally I prefer the 100 year thing, although it wasn’t that long ago that I helped in the production of a 125 anniversary shirt. That particular shirt sold out, and I’m sure they made some money from it.  If the club can benefit from sales in these cash strapped times then I’m happy to release it 10 years early.  

7 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Celebrating 90  years since we were Scottish champions is a bit sad really, gives the impression of a club. ... As a retro shirt its good I would buy it,but not in tribute to a long forgotten achievement .

Long forgotten perhaps, but still the clubs greatest ever achievement. Our 52/91 cup wins were a walk in the park  by comparison.

The 1931-32 league championship flag is hoisted at Fir Park before the opening league fixture against Kilmarnock in August 1932.
And, the holy grail, a 1931-32 gold league championship medal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2