2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Dunne and Gallacheris a good pairing at the back, as good as we can expect really. If both are available.  I think Harttley knows he isnt going to be first pick and will want to play and will expect first team wages.

Cant blame him for that and wish him all the best.

We're a bit over stocked in the middle if O'hara comes in permanent, adding to Turnbull, campbell, Polworth and Donnely. 5 players for three slots if we continue to play with wingers.

Aryibi would be a welcome addition, of we could bring him in I'd  be happy with him and Hylton as starting wideplayers with Watt in the middle.

Carson 

Carroll Dunne Gallacher Grimshaw 

Campbell O'Hara 

Aryibi      Turnbull     Hylton

Watt

That team looks good (formatting wise fpt a 4 2 3 1 and on the field) to me.

26 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Dunne and Gallacheris a good pairing at the back, as good as we can expect really. If both are available.  I think Harttley knows he isnt going to be first pick and will want to play and will expect first team wages.

Cant blame him for that and wish him all the best.

We're a bit over stocked in the middle if O'hara comes in permanent, adding to Turnbull, campbell, Polworth and Donnely. 5 players for three slots if we continue to play with wingers.

Aryibi would be a welcome addition, of we could bring him in I'd  be happy with him and Hylton as starting wideplayers with Watt in the middle.

Carson 

Carroll Dunne Gallacher Grimshaw 

Campbell O'Hara 

Aryibi      Turnbull     Hylton

Watt

That team looks good (formatting wise fpt a 4 2 3 1 and on the field) to me.

Dunne is not a good partner, yes he has speed, apparently as he is always injured, but he cannot defend which first and foremost is the job of a defender. We were going knowewhere at the start of the season with him playing and thank god he got injured. I can't for the life of me why the gaffer would even contemplate an new contract in the present situation for him considering his injury record. I hear the captain is leaving and I thank him for his service, but please replace him with someone of the same ilk, somebody who can tackle and not afraid to ge hurt unlike Dunne who has lived of his rapport with fans since he signed. 

Time to go. 

1 hour ago, Jumbomuir said:

Dunne is not a good partner, yes he has speed, apparently as he is always injured, but he cannot defend which first and foremost is the job of a defender. We were going knowewhere at the start of the season with him playing and thank god he got injured. I can't for the life of me why the gaffer would even contemplate an new contract in the present situation for him considering his injury record. I hear the captain is leaving and I thank him for his service, but please replace him with someone of the same ilk, somebody who can tackle and not afraid to ge hurt unlike Dunne who has lived of his rapport with fans since he signed. 

Time to go. 

I dont think you like Dunne. I can tell.

51 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Where's the Ariyibi chat coming from? Would take him in a heartbeat. Aarons wasn't bad but Ariyibi was superior.

Nothing solid I dont think. 

The posting on Twitter of Arybi marketing type stuff the club created last year by Alan Burrows and the fact he still keeps in touch with some of the squad is pretty much the reason I think.

2 hours ago, superward said:

Nothing solid I dont think. 

The posting on Twitter of Arybi marketing type stuff the club created last year by Alan Burrows and the fact he still keeps in touch with some of the squad is pretty much the reason I think.

I seem to recall at the time Burrows said we tried to bring him back but his club didn't want to deal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ross said:

What did Aarons actually do compared to aryibi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ariyibi was far more productive and entertaining, not to mention, consistent, than Aarons imho.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Ariyibi was far more productive and entertaining, not to mention, consistent, than Aarons imho.

I enjoyed watching Aryibi, but he wasn't anything like consistent until he neared the end of his spell with us. In his early games his shooting was awful, he couldn't hit a corner and his passing was questionable. What he did have was raw speed and an appetite to take on defenders.

It's a credit to our coaching staff (and to Ariybi for taking onboard the coaching) that he ended up being so productive and he definitely left us a better player.

And I say all of that as someone who is a fan of Aryibi; the kind of player I'd happily pay to watch any week.

Aarons only had 6 appearances and wasn't afforded the same luxury of being an out and out winger, so difficult to tell how he would have developed by this point in the season.

10 hours ago, weeyin said:

I enjoyed watching Aryibi, but he wasn't anything like consistent until he neared the end of his spell with us. In his early games his shooting was awful, he couldn't hit a corner and his passing was questionable. What he did have was raw speed and an appetite to take on defenders.

It's a credit to our coaching staff (and to Ariybi for taking onboard the coaching) that he ended up being so productive and he definitely left us a better player.

And I say all of that as someone who is a fan of Aryibi; the kind of player I'd happily pay to watch any week.

Aarons only had 6 appearances and wasn't afforded the same luxury of being an out and out winger, so difficult to tell how he would have developed by this point in the season.

I didnt say Ariyibi was consistent. I just said he was more consistent and entertaining than Aarons who had a reasonable first outing and then flattered to deceive the rest of the time. 

What’s the situation with the update on playing staff? We were told this would be announced last week and since then silence...

I don’t expect too many going out. I think they key word here is consolidation. Keep the bulk of the current squad and maybe tie up Watt and O’Hara on longer term deals.

Maybe guys like Mazinga, Ilic and Mugabi will go and find other clubs. Surprised of the talk that Hartley is away as I think him and Declan is a great partnership, but maybe he want a new challenge.

With no real indication of when fans may be back in stadiums then it is key that the club hold onto as much of that prize money as possible just now. Cash is king. 

A real chance for some more youngsters to get first team games as I doubt we will be going out and signing loads this summer.

19 hours ago, johnstone said:

What’s the situation with the update on playing staff? We were told this would be announced last week and since then silence...

I don’t expect too many going out. I think they key word here is consolidation. Keep the bulk of the current squad and maybe tie up Watt and O’Hara on longer term deals.

Maybe guys like Mazinga, Ilic and Mugabi will go and find other clubs. Surprised of the talk that Hartley is away as I think him and Declan is a great partnership, but maybe he want a new challenge.

With no real indication of when fans may be back in stadiums then it is key that the club hold onto as much of that prize money as possible just now. Cash is king. 

A real chance for some more youngsters to get first team games as I doubt we will be going out and signing loads this summer.

Have heard that Ilic is away. Also Rohan Ferguson, which leaves us with Carson and Morrison for goalkeeper. Possibly an indication of how tight the budget will be. 

Hartley, I would imagine is among the higher earners at the club so it may be a financial decision. Haven't heard anything regarding Dunne, but if rumours are true that we're signing Lamie from Livingston then possibly we'll be going with Gallagher, Donnelly and him as centre back options with Devine as back up...

Chris Long is another interesting  one. I'd imagine that League One or League Two in England would have been his preferred destination but given the uncertain financial situation there, clubs may be reluctant to take a chance. Again rumours of White from Inverness may be a factor..

Not going to worry too much about us running with a thin squad as others are likely to be in the same position. This may actually be a situation where being fan owned works in our favour as the Well Society with its direct debits has some regular revenue coming in...