2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

15 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Lamie?   Rubbish,  a career with Morton and Livi says it all....nahhhh dont rate him.  ...........Calm doon folks this isn't actually my opinion. I am just predicting what some folk might say as some are good at judging a player before he has kicked a ball.   I think it's a good signing especially if at centre back alongside Declan

If you're referring to my assessment of young Robinson, you don't have to have seen someone play football to form the opinion of nepotism. If the lad comes good certainly I'll give a apology, but if it was a different place of work, ie, local cooncil you would all be on the nepotism bandwagon whether you had seen them at work or not. Just my opinion!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

If you're referring to my assessment of young Robinson, you don't have to have seen someone play football to form the opinion of nepotism. If the lad comes good certainly I'll give a apology, but if it was a different place of work, ie, local cooncil you would all be on the nepotism bandwagon whether you had seen them at work or not. Just my opinion!!!! 

Hi Jumbo, wasnt referring to you or anyone else in particular and had nowt to do with Robinson jnr. Was just a tongue in cheek comment as so many times down the years we have signed a player and folk have made their minds up before seeing them play.  Mind you if he's rotten I'll be first one on the forum slating him!! Lol....COYW

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

Still 1 year left. I heard we were negotiating a transfer wi a small fee but imagine thats down the swanny now

Regarding o'hara, the story broke when we were already in lockdown, I don't think much will have changed in ways of our budget between then and now? I could obviously be way off the mark with that statement but I still reckon a deal will be done.

Aye that's been known for a good while. Good signing I'd think, can cover at left back but will play mostly in the middle. Still like to see Dunne come back and play alongside Gallacher if he can stay fit but we need to carry three real first team centre backs and I'm not sure Mugabi is a genuine first team player.

Think O'Hara will only come in if someone goes out from the middle (Donnelly I'd imagine).  I like both players but don't think we can afford to have both.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Lamie is a very Robinson style signing.

Big, athletic, maybe not the best technically.  Can play left back or centre half.  Remind you of anyone?

Assuming you're comparing him to Dunne. Apparently he's not the quickest so comparison falls down a bit there.  Less of a gamble than the likes of Mugabi given he's played in the league before...

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Lamie is a very Robinson style signing.

Big, athletic, maybe not the best technically.  Can play left back or centre half.  Remind you of anyone?

Not sure about that. For every Hartley or Main, he’s signed a Gallagher, Polworth, Hylton or Ariyibi. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

Any news on O’Hara, is he out of contract, got better and better the more he played, would be a great bit of business, especially if we can get him for free...

Trying for a permanent deal if not then it will be a loan again, 95% done just sorting out finances of what is best for both clubs it seems. White is also a done deal. 

Regarding Lamie he’s an excellent signing IMO provides first team competition at CB as well as cover at LB. 

1 minute ago, supermarv said:

Trying for a permanent deal if not then it will be a loan again, 95% done just sorting out finances of what is best for both clubs it seems. White is also a done deal. 

Regarding Lamie he’s an excellent signing IMO provides first team competition at CB as well as cover at LB. 

Kind of expecting only three or four signings this summer and three of those to be Lamie, White and O'Hara. Maybe a winger on loan...

52 minutes ago, Suprawell said:

I honestly think Lamie will turn out to be a brilliant signing.  Just got a feeling Robbo will turn him into a 'Rab McKinnon' style left back. Bombing up and down belting in crosses for the forwards..

Calm doon pal with the Mc Kinnon comparisons.

Living in Livingston I've seen Lamie on a number of occasions. He is useful , pretty rugged and will give his all but take my word he aint special. 

Can see him as a decent back up to Dec and Donnelly who I see as a centre back next season. LB will be taken by Carroll and perhaps Dunne.

Mc Kinnon was on a different level.

Will back Lamie all the way and fingers crossed it works out for him . But let's be realistic and not set the bar too high for him.

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Kind of expecting only three or four signings this summer and three of those to be Lamie, White and O'Hara. Maybe a winger on loan...

We’re still a bit light up front as the only experienced striker we currently have is Watt. We need 3 in that department and are still awaiting Long’s decision. 

I have to imagine O’Donnell has his sights on something bigger than us, or the Scottish premier in general.  He’s an international player, so I’m not sure that European preliminary rounds would entice him. I also don’t see us paying another goalie. 

1 hour ago, livivoice said:

Calm doon pal with the Mc Kinnon comparisons.

Living in Livingston I've seen Lamie on a number of occasions. He is useful , pretty rugged and will give his all but take my word he aint special. 

Can see him as a decent back up to Dec and Donnelly who I see as a centre back next season. LB will be taken by Carroll and perhaps Dunne.

Mc Kinnon was on a different level.

Will back Lamie all the way and fingers crossed it works out for him . But let's be realistic and not set the bar too high for him.

Personally I don’t see Dunne staying, he’s only been offered a short term contract to prove his fitness and I think there has to be real doubts he’s going to be able to even do that. Lamie will be a good back up for Carroll when needed in my view with him playing at centre half alongside Gallagher rather than Donnelly.

3 hours ago, Stu92 said:

Haven't seen the White thing anywhere other than the odd random comment on this forum, any legit sources?

The press up here in Inverness ran the story of Caley's player releases last week and stated White had been released to take up his pre-contract with Motherwell

And Ive heard it from ICT players/staff too

2 hours ago, fizoxy said:

I have to imagine O’Donnell has his sights on something bigger than us, or the Scottish premier in general.  He’s an international player, so I’m not sure that European preliminary rounds would entice him. I also don’t see us paying another goalie. 

Dont rate O'Donnell that highly personally. IF we were in the market for a Right Back, we could do a lot worse than Marcus Fraser who has just left Ross County! He's a "Robbo Type" big physical no nonsense player, more of a "proper" right back instead of attacking, and is a crackin CD as well