2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

16 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I don't disagree. I expected us to possibly replace Hartley, O'Hara or Tait with cheaper options wage wise but wasn't expecting masses of movement. 

Who are the players from the reserves you expect to see stepping up?

They’ve already been told. 

The coronavirus will have ramifications for every team on the planet and we are no different. There will be little reserve football in Scotland this year if at all. So difficult decisions had to be made as clubs our size can’t afford to test every professional on the books. Therefore the guys in the youths who would have benefited from a year playing in the reserves will unfortunately be the sacrificial lambs. The ones who are somewhere between reserves and first team will be on standby to step in to assist when our first team are injured. So some might see little competitive football this season. That’s the harsh reality of the position we find ourselves in

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

The coronavirus will have ramifications for every team on the planet and we are no different. There will be little reserve football in Scotland this year if at all. So difficult decisions had to be made as clubs our size can’t afford to test every professional on the books. Therefore the guys in the youths who would have benefited from a year playing in the reserves will unfortunately be the sacrificial lambs. The ones who are somewhere between reserves and first team will be on standby to step in to assist when our first team are injured. So some might see little competitive football this season. That’s the harsh reality of the position we find ourselves in

Completely agree with everything, I would imagine there will be some kind of friendlies organised in order to give some youngsters and fringe players some game time, but they will need competitive games not friendlies for that, so hopefully a few will be out on loan.

27 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Also seen someone on twitter suggesting we are in talks Lawless.

Are they asking him if he knows any fast wingers, because he doesn't fit the Robinson mould for wide men - speed first, ball skills second.

Someone mentioned on here the other day about Marcus Fraser and on twitter there seems to be a possible hint with a County fan I presume saying he’s coming to us, also Tony Watt retweeted it (ex Celtic team mates). Ross County fans seem gutted to lose him, I haven’t really seen him stand out against us but I’ll stand to be corrected and await judgement until I see him play for us. 

56 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Someone mentioned on here the other day about Marcus Fraser and on twitter there seems to be a possible hint with a County fan I presume saying he’s coming to us, also Tony Watt retweeted it (ex Celtic team mates). Ross County fans seem gutted to lose him, I haven’t really seen him stand out against us but I’ll stand to be corrected and await judgement until I see him play for us. 

Where are you getting that from? Taking a glance at things like their P&B page, they largely seem to think it’s the right decision to let him go, saying he was good a few years back but has drifted through the last couple of seasons and looked shot of confidence. Not a whole lot, if any, saying that it’s a poor decision to let him go. Not really bothered either way about Fraser as I don’t know a whole lot about him, but find this claim that he’ll definitely be missed as rather disingenuous.

7 hours ago, CSmith said:

Where are you getting that from? Taking a glance at things like their P&B page, they largely seem to think it’s the right decision to let him go, saying he was good a few years back but has drifted through the last couple of seasons and looked shot of confidence. Not a whole lot, if any, saying that it’s a poor decision to let him go. Not really bothered either way about Fraser as I don’t know a whole lot about him, but find this claim that he’ll definitely be missed as rather disingenuous.

Aye that was me. As a right back, he is miles better defensively than Grimshaw, and is a pretty good Centre Back. 

I know a few County fans and a couple players up here and they all say he is a very solid player. For some reason he wasnt at his best this season, but he was club captain and the 3 seasons before was first name on the teamsheet. Think he stayed so long up here cause he was on a fair wedge (£2k pw +) The fans I know are a bit gutted he is leaving but say its probably for the best as he hasnt looked fully happy this season

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CSmith said:

Probably as expected with most fans but was from twitter from Ross County’s and how his own posts.