2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

How can it be kyboshed when they were signed months ago?

3 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I work in estates management and I can assure you Ive seen a number of contracts signed 6 months ago that have been cancelled , delayed or renegotiated during this crisis.

8 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

A precontract is a commitment to sign anproper contract at some point in the future. There's still some legal questions about how enforceable they are if one party pulls out. A lot of that depends on exactly what was signed.

Richie Brittain is a fairly recent example of someone changing their mind after signing one.

16 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I work in estates management and I can assure you Ive seen a number of contracts signed 6 months ago that have been cancelled , delayed or renegotiated during this crisis.

I was discussing this the other day with a friend. 

Quite simply how much worse off are we since Covid19 hit ? 

Failure to see out the season would have cost us an estimated £250k based on an old firm game and another 3 or so home games.  Yet finishing 3rd has seen us gather an extra £600k v last season plus the sale of Scott at exactly the right time for circa £750k to £1m up front. 

Then you add into the fact that most of the staff and players have been furloughed that has probably saved the club circa £500k 

I am not saying we are awash with cash and clearly we will start the season behind closed doors most probably but I think we are probably in rude health for the time being at least !

1 minute ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I was discussing this the other day with a friend. 

Quite simply how much worse off are we since Covid19 hit ? 

Failure to see out the season would have cost us an estimated £250k based on an old firm game and another 3 or so home games.  Yet finishing 3rd has seen us gather an extra £600k v last season plus the sale of Scott at exactly the right time for circa £750k to £1m up front. 

Then you add into the fact that most of the staff and players have been furloughed that has probably saved the club circa £500k 

I am not saying we are awash with cash and clearly we will start the season behind closed doors most probably but I think we are probably in rude health for the time being at least !

I’ve been thinking the same thing, no doubt we have lost out along with everyone else, but I still believe we are probably in better health than many others.

With this stream of Livi players making their way to FP I'm beginning to feel like I'm the MFC mole here in Livingston!! 

Watching him at Livi over a few seasons Big Dec has not surprised me in the least how well he has done for us. Next season I can see him getting better,  boosted in no small way by the increased confidence he'll get from his involvement in the Scottish squad.

As for Lamie, whilst not at Dec's level I do feel with a fair wind and a bit of luck he could be a useful member of squad. On the upside I refreshed my memory by watching the highlights of Livi's 2-0 win over Celtic from last season. Lamie ( without the departed Dec and Halkett) was solid , unhurried and impressive. Grounds for encouragement.

Anyway , turning to White . When at the Macaroni he proved to be a decent enough striker who linked up well with others. Wouldn't describe him as pacey or lethal in the box but he will provide us with a different option. At his best he could near ( but not reach) Chris Porter levels. Whereas if he struggles -- not that I think he will-- he could replicate a recent signing from ICT namely Alex Fisher.

Now where did I leave that file on Stevie Lawless??

• Like 3

As long as we don't sign the plastic pitch from Livi, it will all be good.

(Talking of which, are we ripping up the turf again this year? I remember the groundsman saying at the start of the project, the plan was to reach a point where the summer work would be less intense than the early years).

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

As long as we don't sign the plastic pitch from Livi, it will all be good.

(Talking of which, are we ripping up the turf again this year? I remember the groundsman saying at the start of the project, the plan was to reach a point where the summer work would be less intense than the early years).

Burrows said on Twitter that minor work was done back in April.

22 minutes ago, wellowell said:

With O,Hara do you think we might be waiting to see how many take up season ticket refunds as would make sense .

Most likely be left til later in the window save paying unnecessary wages, however that would rely on him getting a pre season with Peterborough, unless he trains with us up until the deal is done.

1 hour ago, wellowell said:

With O,Hara do you think we might be waiting to see how many take up season ticket refunds as would make sense .

Quite a few variables I'd think. Cash being the biggest. With prudent times required it xant be the top priority give  those who play as  central midfielders on the books already. If one of them goes though you could make a case.

5 hours ago, supermarv said:

Most likely be left til later in the window save paying unnecessary wages, however that would rely on him getting a pre season with Peterborough, unless he trains with us up until the deal is done.

Honestly? Club cost cutting due prohibitive testing regime, but, we’ll offer training facilities? 

We need to move on from O’Hara.

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

You say that, but has there been anything official to say he's signed? Not that I'm saying he won't, just know how much shite the papers can talk.

The original point wasn't even that he'd signed for us, but that we were interested. i think it's fair to say we were.

5 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Honestly? Club cost cutting due prohibitive testing regime, but, we’ll offer training facilities? 

We need to move on from O’Hara.

Well I mean if this deal is basically done for safety wise and I mean he does stay here you’d rather he stayed and trained with us rather than train with 20/30 other players then come to us if you are bringing safety into it.

6 hours ago, supermarv said:

Well I mean if this deal is basically done for safety wise and I mean he does stay here you’d rather he stayed and trained with us rather than train with 20/30 other players then come to us if you are bringing safety into it.

I’d rather he didn’t full stop safety wise or other.

i certainly don’t buy your 95% or basically done quotes either. Your scoops each & every transfer window/close season go beyond parody.

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

I’d rather he didn’t full stop safety wise or other.

i certainly don’t buy your 95% or basically done quotes either. Your scoops each & every transfer window/close season go beyond parody.

Aren’t a decent proportion of them correct though? Of course some may be wrong but that’s not exactly my fault is it, I’m just going off based on what I’m told. So because you don’t want to believe it then I’m wrong? The O’Hara deal has been in long discussion, the player openly admitted himself he wants to stay and the club want him so it’s pretty easy to work that one out. It’s more the club don’t want to pay a players wages in tough times like this when they don’t need to and the season isn’t even close to starting back yet. 

18 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Aren’t a decent proportion of them correct though? Of course some may be wrong but that’s not exactly my fault is it, I’m just going off based on what I’m told. So because you don’t want to believe it then I’m wrong? The O’Hara deal has been in long discussion, the player openly admitted himself he wants to stay and the club want him so it’s pretty easy to work that one out. It’s more the club don’t want to pay a players wages in tough times like this when they don’t need to and the season isn’t even close to starting back yet. 

Behave. I wouldn’t say so. Doubt I’d be the only one of that thinking on here.

Press soundbite doesn’t mean “has been long in discussion” or “the club want him”. As for easily working it out? Player can admit he wants to stay all he wants - I’m not sure stretching any budget to grant him his wish is good recruitment In any case.