2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Behave. I wouldn’t say so. Doubt I’d be the only one of that thinking on here.

Press soundbite doesn’t mean “has been long in discussion” or “the club want him”. As for easily working it out? Player can admit he wants to stay all he wants - I’m not sure stretching any budget to grant him his wish is good recruitment In any case.

Well recently if you take a wee look back I said on Wednesday, White was a done deal and also before any updates on the squad I said Hartley would be away, was I correct? Yes. Not here for a tit-for-tat with you. 

So I take it you don’t rate O’Hara as player then, unlike most who’d be very happy for him to return especially when there’s a chance we could lose Campbell.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Well recently if you take a wee look back I said on Wednesday, White was a done deal and also before any updates on the squad I said Hartley would be away, was I correct? Yes. Not here for a tit-for-tat with you. 

So I take it you don’t rate O’Hara as player then, unlike most who’d be very happy for him to return especially when there’s a chance we could lose Campbell.

Hardly exclusive especially on here & a repeat on what others post. So you’ll know about the incoming striker who can play ‘along the front three’?

O’Hara is no better than we have. There are players in front of him. Doesn’t represent a value for money with a years’ contract at current club to be paid up. Losing  a midfielder may well change the outlook, but, suspect there would be better available if our budget was met.

In isolation, I'd certainly be happy for O'Hara to return. Did well stepping in to the Donnelly role when he was out. But it is an area of the park we do have good choices already. 

Just reading Barry Fry claiming O'Hara (or agent) knocking back a 3 year deal offered by us. 50k transfer fee. 

All that doesn't seem to add up with recent quotes from Mark himself in the paper.

13 minutes ago, superward said:

In isolation, I'd certainly be happy for O'Hara to return. Did well stepping in to the Donnelly role when he was out. But it is an area of the park we do have good choices already. 

Just reading Barry Fry claiming O'Hara (or agent) knocking back a 3 year deal offered by us. 50k transfer fee. 

All that doesn't seem to add up with recent quotes from Mark himself in the paper.

Player himself says it’s “news to me” when replying to viva Motherwell on twitter which indicates he’s no rejected it so... 

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Hardly exclusive especially on here & a repeat on what others post. So you’ll know about the incoming striker who can play ‘along the front three’?

O’Hara is no better than we have. There are players in front of him. Doesn’t represent a value for money with a years’ contract at current club to be paid up. Losing  a midfielder may well change the outlook, but, suspect there would be better available if our budget was met.

When did anyone else say Hartley was away before I posted it? Okay with White it was pretty widely known he’d been linked and said to have signed but didn’t know if it was actually true did we?

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

My guess based on not very much would be Jamie Reid from Torquey:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jamie-reid/profil/spieler/250840

1 hour ago, superward said:

No way would we be offering a 3 year deal plus 50k, that’s nonsense.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

When did anyone else say Hartley was away before I posted it? Okay with White it was pretty widely known he’d been linked and said to have signed but didn’t know if it was actually true did we?

OK, I’ll bite. Plenty on here knew, some us don’t air our dirty washing in public thinking it’s the inside scoop - I’m sure there are no prizes given for being first to give some sycophants on here information.

58 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

OK, I’ll bite. Plenty on here knew, some us don’t air our dirty washing in public thinking it’s the inside scoop - I’m sure there are no prizes given for being first to give some sycophants on here information.

You knew hew haw, Big Pete was offered a new 1 year deal but was looking for 2,coronavirus kicked in and it all went south, that's why we're left with Dunne on a 6 month deal. We don't have to jump in and sign players, they'll be phoning us in a few weeks begging to sign. 

1 hour ago, Jumbomuir said:

You knew hew haw, Big Pete was offered a new 1 year deal but was looking for 2,coronavirus kicked in and it all went south, that's why we're left with Dunne on a 6 month deal. We don't have to jump in and sign players, they'll be phoning us in a few weeks begging to sign. 

Aye. Nae bother. Cheers for the input

5 hours ago, superward said:

Surprised if we'd offered a 3 year deal. But £50k transfer fee is what I heard we had agreed a couple months ago. 

27 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Surprised if we'd offered a 3 year deal. But £50k transfer fee is what I heard we had agreed a couple months ago. 

To be honest I feel like O’Hara is exactly the type and level of player that Robinson would offer a 3 year deal to. If we have the finances (which it seems like we don’t have at the minute) it seems a very good agreement that would give us a solid midfield option when we know we aren’t keeping all of Turnbull, Campbell, Polworth and Donnelly over the next couple of seasons.

You’d imagine with Campbell going into the last year of his deal we’d have a decent idea if he’d sign a new one or not and if he won’t then we’ll be looking to move him on. I can’t see him penning a new one personally but what do I know. In that scenario the O’hara transfer is an absolute no brainier.

• Like 2

O'hara proved his worth for us. The st mirren 4-4 game, he was immense in the second half, why he was dropped in the first place is anyones guess. Could we do better, maybe slightly, could we do worse? Absolutely. Get him on board. It's maybe an expensive outlay at the moment but we won't hold on to our current midfield forever.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

O'hara proved his worth for us. The st mirren 4-4 game, he was immense in the second half, why he was dropped in the first place is anyones guess. Could we do better, maybe slightly, could we do worse? Absolutely. Get him on board. It's maybe an expensive outlay at the moment but we won't hold on to our current midfield forever.

Poor analogy for me. We were on the front foot as we had to be against St Mirren, Tait had his game of the season then too. Didn't represent value for money for me last year, paying a required fee further compounds that problem. We do have players in front of him and there are those who watched him in other quarters where he was no better than what we have & again those being promoted behind him. How do we progress the next batch if they aren't given that chance?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ross said:

614e97bc13aa392356dd474c0fd4e91a.jpg
Who could that be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a like Tait to me from what I can, hard to see any tattoos from a distance if any, which is why folk will think it’s Fox but everything else links it to Tait for me, wee baldy patch, funny ears, the hair.