2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

26 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Who would have thought that handing titles to teams who didn't win them and relegating clubs that didn't deserve to be relegated would cause problems!

Burrows hasn't mentioned anything to do with this in months. He obviously knows the SPFL have fucked it. 

That Steelboy has so little to complain about that he's reaching to such depths to throw shade on Burrows tells us all we need to know about our pre-season so far.

Decent signings in early doors, still more to come by the looks of it, European football (in some form) on the horizon, and we've still got our best player under contract and raring to go for the new season.

What a time to be alive.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Who would have thought that handing titles to teams who didn't win them and relegating clubs that didn't deserve to be relegated would cause problems!

Burrows hasn't mentioned anything to do with this in months. He obviously knows the SPFL have fucked it. 

He’s not going to ride you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

I'm looking forward to everyone else realising it as well...rather than just shouting 'get tae fuck hearts'

"get tae fuck hearts!!"

they have breached memebrship rules by going to a domestic court, their only avenue to pursue this is through the Court of arbitration of sport in switzerland. fifa make all countries enter this into their laws. only way i can see this going is hearts and partick get their membership threatened to be revoked on the proviso that they drop proceedings in the domestic courts or they will simply be expelled and kelty and brora brought in.

i dont know why people are not talking about this, rangers were threatened with this when they tried to go to court after after losing their memebership in 2012. and it was the main stipulation in them being assigned anaccellerated new membership in the spfl. doncaster needs to grow some stones and make a simple statement. "Decease or expulsion!!" 

if fifa get involved then our european football will be cancelled as all scottish teams will be banned from Europe, Scotland would be buggered too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm looking forward to everyone else realising it as well...rather than just shouting 'get tae fuck hearts'

Still waiting to hear what solution you had that would have been fair to every team in promotion and relegation slots.

55 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I wouldn't have let it get to this stage...but right now, the only fair way is to increase the size of the leagues

Is that in the best interest of the game though? Scotland needs less senior teams, not more. Punting the premiership up to 14 and adding Kelty and Brora to the setup just because "its fairer" isn't the answer IMO.

There was a decent article going around recently featuring Gordon strachan talking about this. His opinion on the number of semi pro teams in Scotland is harsh, but can't disagree with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797428 

(I'm sure there was a more in depth article somewhere but I couldn't find it and this is the jist.)

6 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

Is that in the best interest of the game though? Scotland needs less senior teams, not more. Punting the premiership up to 14 and adding Kelty and Brora to the setup just because "its fairer" isn't the answer IMO.

There was a decent article going around recently featuring Gordon strachan talking about this. His opinion on the number of semi pro teams in Scotland is harsh, but can't disagree with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797428 

(I'm sure there was a more in depth article somewhere but I couldn't find it and this is the jist.)

In these unprecedented times, I think it is in the best interests of the game...we help protect clubs from losing money unfairly and we dont make the game look as though its ran by clueless 

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I wouldn't have let it get to this stage...but right now, the only fair way is to increase the size of the leagues

By how many teams?

And how would you resolve the unfairness in, say,  The Championship where, with 8 (or in some cases 9) games to go, no team has mathematically secured promotion and every team down to Partick Thistle could accumulate enough points to secure a play-off spot?

What would be a fair way to decide who is promoted into the expanded Premiership?

Also, what were your fair plans before it got to this stage?

17 hours ago, superward said:

Anyway...transfer chat? Has our championship boy signed yet?

This league chat is over a couple of threads noo.

Good call. Let's keep the Hearts chat to one thread.

Preferably a thread on a fucking Hearts forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

It bothers me that we have 2 wingers, but the number 11 is empty.  

Robinson said earlier this week he was looking for 2 more forwards - so one of those might end up with 11.

These days, players often pick and choose their favourites, so it's not big surprise to see the wide range and the odd blank.

St Mirren join race for Mark O'Hara

0_19831900.jpg(Image: SNS Group)  

St Mirren have agreed a deal with Peterborough United for midfielder Mark O’Hara.

O’Hara had a successful spell at Motherwell last season, but has yet to finalise a deal with the Fir Park side.

The English side’s director of football Barry Fry told the Peterborough Today he doesn’t understand why the deal with Motherwell hasn’t been completed.

I spoke to Motherwell’s (head of recruitment) Martin Foyle yesterday (June 19) and he said he was determined to get Mark signed up so I told him to hurry up as I’d now agreed a fee with St Mirren for the player.

I have no idea why Mark hasn’t signed for Motherwell already. Martin told me the player’s agent had turned down a three year contract even though they’ve qualified for Europe, but then his agent has been difficult to deal with in the past.

29 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

St Mirren join race for Mark O'Hara

0_19831900.jpg(Image: SNS Group)  

St Mirren have agreed a deal with Peterborough United for midfielder Mark O’Hara.

O’Hara had a successful spell at Motherwell last season, but has yet to finalise a deal with the Fir Park side.

The English side’s director of football Barry Fry told the Peterborough Today he doesn’t understand why the deal with Motherwell hasn’t been completed.

I spoke to Motherwell’s (head of recruitment) Martin Foyle yesterday (June 19) and he said he was determined to get Mark signed up so I told him to hurry up as I’d now agreed a fee with St Mirren for the player.

I have no idea why Mark hasn’t signed for Motherwell already. Martin told me the player’s agent had turned down a three year contract even though they’ve qualified for Europe, but then his agent has been difficult to deal with in the past.

Sounds like games being played to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Either we are trying to use the Covid excuse to lowball O'Hara, or Fry is playing games............. I know who I would believe, and it aint Barry!

Aye, between Barry Fry and O'Hara's agent, the truth factor is very low in this situation.

Just now, Spiderpig said:

No insanity they probably offered more money and a longer deal, so its a no brainer, simples :nod:

Longer than 3 years? That's what we've offered him it would seem. 

I guess we'll see what happens, but St Mirren over us in mental. He'd be as well just playing down south with a club that can match their offer. I'd assumed the reason he'd come to us was because of our track record of putting players in the window and getting them bigger moves, and potentially the idea of playing a European game or two.

St Mirren offer nothing like that.