2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

27 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Wouldn't want to lose him as I rate him highly but at same time does things that frustrate me. However if he were to leave then I would move for Tommy Wright

If he leaves I don’t see many stand out candidates, Wright might be past his sell by date even if he was interested. I guess all the usual candidates would get trotted out. I would rather we promoted from within frankly but it’s all just speculation at this point.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Wouldn't want to lose him as I rate him highly but at same time does things that frustrate me. However if he were to leave then I would move for Tommy Wright

Wright is getting linked with the Dundee untd job, but so is every other out of work  manager Including Jens Lehman :nod:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I doubt Tommy Wright left St Johnstone to come to Motherwell.

His aspirations will either be England or international.

The guy knows the league and how to grind out results but I'm not sure I'd especially want to watch his brand of football.  They weren't exactly queuing up outside St Diarmid's on match days.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

In one of his interviews he also said he thought it was probably a bit too soon for him.

Of course, that it is the correct thing to say when you're dealing with speculation, so I took that with the necessary grain of salt.

The only negative about the Northern Ireland job is as all football associations they tend to like a ‘yes’ man in charge and not sure if Robinson is in that category, that’s why maybe Barroclough might be favoured!

Scott Fox has inconsistent to say the least.  He was poor at Thistle then had a better spell at Ross County but eventually went off the boil there too.

Assuming he will be 2nd choice.

Saw him last season play for Partick against Alloa and he was pretty ropey while Jamie McDonald at then other end was outstanding.

28 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Scott Fox has inconsistent to say the least.  He was poor at Thistle then had a better spell at Ross County but eventually went off the boil there too.

Assuming he will be 2nd choice.

Saw him last season play for Partick against Alloa and he was pretty ropey while Jamie McDonald at then other end was outstanding.

As a 2nd choice keeper I think he is a decent signing, but that said I hope Carson stays fit all season .

I think Robbo has a very good chance of the N. Ireland job. As good as any of the candidates imho. Hope Tommy Wright gets it though as I wouldnt want to see him considered for our job.

I think we need to stick with young modern thinking aspiring coaches. Id promote from within.  A Las/Mo Ross combo would do me fine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Great?

Doubt we’ll see the same joy when he’s seen as a replacement for either Campbell or Turnbull...

I always thought Polworth was the replacement for Turnbull - before it all went pear shaped.

I can see the logic behind O'Hara for Campbell, although Campbell would be a big loss.

34 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Great?

Doubt we’ll see the same joy when he’s seen as a replacement for either Campbell or Turnbull...

Undoubtedly both will go at some point whether its now, January or next May. Surely best we have cover in advance?