2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

1 hour ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Would rather we sourced someone different with the view to bringing on and selling on however if this is the best we can do then so be it puts on a Well shirt and gives it his all good enough for me.So Hastie is a defo win win for us.

Very true, is there any news on the boy Lang from Wigan, as they have just gone into administration? 

1 minute ago, fizoxy said:

I'm guessing they'd be selling/releasing players rather than loaning them out at this point.

They're looking for a buyer at the moment. If they find one, they might not be selling or releasing anyone.

36 minutes ago, 2/6 tae get in said:

No to Hastie. Followed is stint at Rotherham. He hardly got on the park before returning to Ibrox. Better giving some of the young players a chance of playing as the games look as if they will be 2 a week when they start.

Which young player would you like us to start wide on the right?

• Like 2

If we can get Hastie in, then great. If not, that's fine as well. 

As much as I'd like to see that combo of him and Turnbull again, it's not exactly going to make or break our season in my opinion. He'd be a "nice to have", not a must.

• Like 1

When all the chat re Hastie  started I thought it might be a good move, but now I don't, apart from the couple of  months  of brilliance that won his move to Rangers he has done nothing  to suggest  the potential will be fulfilled.

His loan spells have done nothing to suggest this either, so all we will  be doing is no doubt t paying over the odds to develop a Rangers player for a year and fill a team position that we probably have cover for anyway.

So no thanks from me.

30 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

When all the chat re Hastie  started I thought it might be a good move, but now I don't, apart from the couple of  months  of brilliance that won his move to Rangers he has done nothing  to suggest  the potential will be fulfilled.

His loan spells have done nothing to suggest this either, so all we will  be doing is no doubt t paying over the odds to develop a Rangers player for a year and fill a team position that we probably have cover for anyway.

So no thanks from me.

We don’t. There is no young wide players in the reserves that are ready to step up. Seedorf and Hylton both flattered to deceive last season, so we definitely need additional wide players to have competition in those positions. Where it is Hastie, the rumoured Lang or a.another, we need at least one additional wide player in, possibly two.

I can't see us agreeing to this 'must play in 90% of games' chat.

A guy who can't get a game at all for his own club and struggled to get game time on a loan, can't be sent to you with those kind of demands.

9 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

I can't see us agreeing to this 'must play in 90% of games' chat.

A guy who can't get a game at all for his own club and struggled to get game time on a loan, can't be sent to you with those kind of demands.

I agree. If Rangers want him to play 90% of games they should stick him in their first team.