Leaving a bench of:

Fox

Lamie

Polworth 

O'hara 

White

Seedorf 

MacIver

I cant see us starting the season with all those options in midfield so I'm assuming someone is going. Donnelly or Turnbull pr both possibly.  Probably during the window when the Championship down south is finished.

But that's on nothing more than guesswork. I've not got a source.

Not a bad line up but wouldn't have Hylton in line up ahead of Polworth or o'hara.   I would be keen on a back 3 of Gallagher,  lamie and Donnelly.    Turnbull,  Campbell,  o'hara, polworth and hastie midfield with watt and long up front

It's certainly going to be good to have options, because the upcoming season is going to be mental. Even without the winter break, any minor disruptions to the schedule could mean 4 games in 8 days.

The clubs wanted it this way - and I don't blame them.

Can't wait for it to start!

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

It's certainly going to be good to have options, because the upcoming season is going to be mental. Even without the winter break, any minor disruptions to the schedule could mean 4 games in 8 days.

This.

A lot is going to depend on the formation we play. I'm no tactician, far from it, but I wouldn't class the likes of Hylton and Hastie (and Seedorf) as strikers, more wide midfielders. I believe we're still looking for another striker to complete the jigsaw. One of our attacking problems last term (yes we did finish 3rd), was that the lone striker was too isolated from the wingers and central midfielders.  

20 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

This.

A lot is going to depend on the formation we play. I'm no tactician, far from it, but I wouldn't class ther likes of Hylton and Hastie (and Seedorf) as strikers, more wide midfielders. I believe we're still looking for another striker to complete the jigsaw. One of our attacking problems last term (yes we did finish 3rd), was that the lone striker was too isolated from the wingers and central midfielders.  

The return of Moult would sort that out.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

This.

A lot is going to depend on the formation we play. I'm no tactician, far from it, but I wouldn't class ther likes of Hylton and Hastie (and Seedorf) as strikers, more wide midfielders. I believe we're still looking for another striker to complete the jigsaw. One of our attacking problems last term (yes we did finish 3rd), was that the lone striker was too isolated from the wingers and central midfielders.  

Yeah I'm basing this on playing the same way as last season with the lone striker and 2 wingers.

Not sure how else we would plan to go next season.

• Like 1

Hastie coming back makes for interesting times at Fir Park. Still a young and inexperienced player, yet now an obvious target for the less patient element of our support, should things not go swimmingly from day one. A genuine feather in the cap our coaches and management if they can make it work.

19 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If we can teach him to beat his man on the outside he could be a real asset. I think he'll benefit from coaches that know him and playing beside his mates again.

I agree, if any club were able to get him back on track it’s us. We all need to get behind him now he’s back, booing is not going to end up helping.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:24 AM, Spiderpig said:

When all the chat re Hastie  started I thought it might be a good move, but now I don't, apart from the couple of  months  of brilliance that won his move to Rangers he has done nothing  to suggest  the potential will be fulfilled.

His loan spells have done nothing to suggest this either, so all we will  be doing is no doubt t paying over the odds to develop a Rangers player for a year and fill a team position that we probably have cover for anyway.

So no thanks from me.

Exactly the Jury is very much out on Hastie , He played 17 games for us .. arrived in a bang and showed bugger all since. That doesnt mean he wont do a job but equally theres a chance hes a nowt but pedestrian who hit a purple patch. Time will tell

12 hours ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

C’mon Shaka, take the claret and amber specs off. Most of Scotland is either of the green or blue persuasion. Hastie won’t be our only Rangers fan in the team. Simple fact is he left Motherwell for a lot more money than we could pay plus we got a large development fee into the bargain. The games against Rangers and Celtic are bonus games in terms of points. Hastie can play against all our realistic competitors. He is better than what we have, has a great relationship with Turnbull, can score goals and has a point to prove. I can’t see many negatives. Nobody knows how to get the best out of him better than Motherwell! Get down if your high horse and support the team and whoever pulls on the jersey. 

"Hes better than what we have " ???  is he really... hes showed bugger all since his purple patch with us. Even some very ordinary players can hit a purple patch. For me the Jurys is out on him. 

14 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Hes not as good as the desperation among fans for him to resign suggest. Hes replaceable that said if he re signed  its not a bad deal

Even Turnbull turned out to be replaceable.

9 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Being the nosey bugger I am I noticed Motherwell trending on Twitter. Some good entertainment to be had watching our fans fight amongst themselves, fight with Rangers fans, be belittled by both Rangers and Celtic fans and belittle Rangers and Celtic fans.  Nothing different to any other day I hear you say. 

One tweet did stick out though as regards the mention way earlier about Shane Ferguson. Stellar club we are and all but we surely don't have English Championship players, with the rewards which that playing in that league can bring, threatening to go on strike to join us do we?

fergusontweet.jpg

The threat didn't last long he signed an extended contract with Millwall on 29/06/2020 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Hes not as good as the desperation among fans for him to resign suggest. Hes replaceable that said if he re signed  its not a bad deal

I disagree, I thought he was very good when we provided him service.

Anyone who says Hastie isnt better than what we already have needs have a think again.

He may only have had a purple patch before, but neither Hylton or Seedorf have produced anything near the quality Hastie did during that time and they had nearly a whole season to do it.

Im very much on the fence with the signing. I didnt like the way he left or who he left for, but he is back now and the management clearly think he can improve the squad as they would not brought him back knowing the furore it was going to cause.

Its a bold move, and the lad will need a thick skin for the first few weeks, maybe longer. But he seems to know whats coming his way and appears up for it, so good luck to him.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Anyone who says Hastie isnt better than what we already have needs have a think again.

He may only have had a purple patch before, but neither Hylton or Seedorf have produced anything near the quality Hastie did during that time and they had nearly a whole season to do it.

Im very much on the fence with the signing. I didnt like the way he left or who he left for, but he is back now and the management clearly think he can improve the squad as they would not brought him back knowing the furore it was going to cause.

Its a bold move, and the lad will need a thick skin for the first few weeks, maybe longer. But he seems to know whats coming his way and appears up for it, so good luck to him.

Time will tell if hes better but for me there isnt enough conclusive evidence to categorically say he is. 

9 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

"Hes better than what we have " ???  is he really... hes showed bugger all since his purple patch with us. Even some very ordinary players can hit a purple patch. For me the Jurys is out on him. 

Even if you’ve only got one trick , it can be an asset, e.g cut inside and rattle it , he’s got pace too, which is never a bad thing

....he needs to work on his crossing but am sure Robbo can do that

I actually take my hat off to Hastie for coming back into the lions den so to speak 

He must know that it will be hard to win over the doubters and it would have been so much easier for him to go elsewhere like Hearts where he would get an easier gig. 

Hes said he wanted to come back here  and that’s good enough for me.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

He scored that goal where the keeper sent him away up the left and he run in on goal, bodies a couple of defenders and scored, is that his second trick?

Only if he beat the defenders on the outside.

From memory, it was a typical (excellent) run where he finished by cutting inside and shooting.