2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

O’Donnell and Gallagher playing club football next to each other is only a good thing for the international side as well you’d imagine, assuming our form picks ups a bit. May help Dec nail down the Scotland spot, which would only benefit us financially in the future. 

7 minutes ago, gee said:

Who knows but some outgoings wouldn’t be a surprise. 

One thing I like about O’Donnell is that he’s a leader and does a lot of talking on the pitch, we seem to be badly needing that. 

i think the streaming might be proving lucrative. They will get more away fans paying to stream than would normally travel and you will get a a good number of lapsed Motherwell fans , in terms of attendance paying to watch. If they get the quality sorted I think you might see clubs explore this income stream as an alternative to the constantly piss poor deals from sky. You just need to loo at the clubs twitter account 47,000 followers so there is interest out there. Be interesting to see how it pans out this streaming initiative. 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Never been a fan of the guy (to put it mildly), however I do concede that he is better than our current 1st team right back.

He is best right back in spfl outside tavernier and frimpong so although I respect your opinion you are very much wrong.

3 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

hope he plays in his natural position, albeit the gaffer has form for this type of shenanigans.  

Play him right back with Gallagher & Lamie in the middle and for now Grimmie/Another in left back. 

Correct …… can do a job at left back … let’s just play him in his natural position and get someone else to do a job at left back

Instead of fucking up both fullback positions 

9 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

I.d probably play him at RB and keep the defence as it was the other night until the injured players return. A Grimmy/O'Donnell combo, regardless of who plays where, is a terrible idea imo.

Tend to agree for the simple reason that as limited as Lamie might be at full back, he is at least left footed. Playing a full back on his weak side will see him cut inside and if we're going to persist with inverted wingers then we're making our attacks narrow enough...

I can only assume that Robinson will bin the inverted wingers if we get a right footed player at left back and go with the left winger on the left to allow for some width.

If we keep Lamie at left back and play O'Donnell on the right we still have the same unbalance as we do with Grimshaw with the left side not able/suited to getting up and down the park. O'Donnell and Grimshaw as both full backs do that. Really it relies on how well O'Donnell or Grimshaw can play at left back.

Or we might see him move away from wingers and play a front three in the way that McGhee did, Watt playing the Porter role, Long being the Clarkson replacement and Lang as the McCormack type. Though I'd feel more comfortable with that style of play with Donnelly in the middle.

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

hope he plays in his natural position, albeit the gaffer has form for this type of shenanigans.  

Play him right back with Gallagher & Lamie in the middle and for now Grimmie/Another in left back. 

Until the injuries sort themselves out I would play a back four of O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabi and Lamie.

6 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I can only assume that Robinson will bin the inverted wingers if we get a right footed player at left back and go with the left winger on the left to allow for some width.

If we keep Lamie at left back and play O'Donnell on the right we still have the same unbalance as we do with Grimshaw with the left side not able/suited to getting up and down the park. O'Donnell and Grimshaw as both full backs do that. Really it relies on how well O'Donnell or Grimshaw can play at left back.

Or we might see him move away from wingers and play a front three in the way that McGhee did, Watt playing the Porter role, Long being the Clarkson replacement and Lang as the McCormack type. Though I'd feel more comfortable with that style of play with Donnelly in the middle.

As O’Donnell is looking at Scotland squad he may only have signed if we play him at right back 

Playing him anywhere else surely does not help his prospect of achieving that 

16 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

Until the injuries sort themselves out I would play a back four of O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabi and Lamie.

If he goes with that back 4 on Saturday Hibs will have a field day . Lamie is not a left back and neither is he a good player should never be near Fir Park ask yourself when u watched him with Livi did u think he would do a job for us ?