2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

49 minutes ago, Yodo said:

If he goes with that back 4 on Saturday Hibs will have a field day . Lamie is not a left back and neither is he a good player should never be near Fir Park ask yourself when u watched him with Livi did u think he would do a job for us ? 

No I didn't think he would do a job for us, I wouldn't have signed him at all personally but I am not the manager. Who else can we have until the injuries sort themselves out?

20 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

No I didn't think he would do a job for us, I wouldn't have signed him at all personally but I am not the manager. Who else can we have until the injuries sort themselves out?

That's the managers job got to play players he can trust ,yes the injury list hasn't helped but playing people out of position hasn't helped so as I see it the only thing he can do is give youth it's chance . Now I haven't seen Devine or Hussain play but now is as good a time as any to see what they can do let's face it they can't be any worse than Mugabe and Grimmy . I would probably go for 3-5-2 on Saturday 

Carson 

Devine.                       Gallagher ( if fit)                 Hussain 

O'Donnell            Campbell         Turnbull        Ohara           Hylton 

Watt.                  Lang 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Yodo said:

That's the managers job got to play players he can trust ,yes the injury list hasn't helped but playing people out of position hasn't helped so as I see it the only thing he can do is give youth it's chance . Now I haven't seen Devine or Hussain play but now is as good a time as any to see what they can do let's face it they can't be any worse than Mugabe and Grimmy . I would probably go for 3-5-2 on Saturday 

Carson 

You do realise it's free scoring , fast moving hibs we are playing . That team would be absolutely roasted.

1 minute ago, well_said said:

You do realise it's free scoring , fast moving hibs we are playing . That team would be absolutely roasted 

2 minutes ago, well_said said:

You do realise it's free scoring , fast moving hibs we are playing . That team would be absolutely roasted.

Never said we wouldn't 

10 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

So for clarity, you want to put an untested central defensive partnership that includes someone with no first team experience, another with  less than half an hour's Premiership experience, neither of which you admit you have seen, in a game away to the joint league leaders and joint highest scoring team in the league?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

Or we might see him move away from wingers and play a front three in the way that McGhee did, Watt playing the Porter role, Long being the Clarkson replacement and Lang as the McCormack type. Though I'd feel more comfortable with that style of play with Donnelly in the middle.

I'd much prefer this approach as the players are far better in this approach. 

Pick 3 from Lang,Long, Watt or White. 

Rather than pick from Seedorf, Hylton, Hastie on the flanks. 

2 hours ago, Winning by Name said:

Until the injuries sort themselves out I would play a back four of O'Donnell, Gallagher, Mugabi and Lamie.

Agree with that...lamie isn't great there but he is the best option...SOD is a better right back than Grimshaw...Gallacher is our best centre back and Mugabe looked reasonably solid the other night 

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

A message to Burrows;

Sack Robbo and gie the job to this crazy bastard...what a laugh that formation /selection would be

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

Are you on some kind of medication. The two boys at the back have no experience and this is not the time to try to give them any. That is a mental team selection.

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

You're mental.

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

Wow !!!

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Agree with that...lamie isn't great there but he is the best option...SOD is a better right back than Grimshaw...Gallacher is our best centre back and Mugabe looked reasonably solid the other night 

Mugabe is a bombs scare, Gallagher not up to speed playing with him, don't shoot Grimmy the manager plays him in preference to others especially last season although think he really needs to concentrate on defending rather than going on mazy runs

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

Carson 

You need another season in the Reserves before you are ready to step up and pick teams.

31 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

Mugabe is a bombs scare, Gallagher not up to speed playing with him, don't shoot Grimmy the manager plays him in preference to others especially last season although think he really needs to concentrate on defending rather than going on mazy runs

Mugabi defended pretty well the other night, his distribution isn't great...Grimmy is howling

Carson 

As mental as trying to inexperienced defenders would be.Devine is injured anyway.But both are very good defenders to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ross said:

As mental as trying to inexperienced defenders would be.Devine is injured anyway.But both are very good defenders to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said I haven't seen them play but our backs are against the wall thought it would be worth a try cause the senior pros are struggling .Good to hear both are prospects and I hope Devine shakes his injury off 

Well thats Robbo just confirmed O'Donnell will be left back :roulette:. Apparently he played 'a lot' for Partick as a Left Back, funny that, whenever I saw a Partick team sheet (almost every single fucking week) they had O'Donnell @ RB and Aaron Taylor Sinclair @ LB. Typical fucking nonsense from a manager clutching at straws. 

• Like 1