2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

15 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Well thats Robbo just confirmed O'Donnell will be left back :roulette:

sooooooo. frustrating. 

I've never known a manager so willing to play so many players out of position - If we had a great right back it could be justified but FFS.

One would think the more players who play in their best position the better the team would do.

• Like 1

Grimshaw is shite,we then sign a right back who is very decent at this level and were planning on playing him at left back,the mind really does boggle.there's been some strange decisions made by robinson already and were only 3 games in.

• Like 2

O'Donnell was in the papers yesterday saying he's played at left back before and happy to play there again.

If it's a choice between Grimmy at RB and O'Donnell at LB vs. O'Donnell at RB and Lamie at LB I'll take the former.  It's far from ideal, but Lamie was a liability on Wednesday and his ridiculous handball changed the momentum of the first half just as we were starting to make some progress. 

With 5 subs, it's easy enough to switch to the other option if it's not working out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

sooooooo. frustrating. 

I've never known a manager so willing to play so many players out of position - If we had a great right back it could be justified but FFS.

One would think the more players who play in their best position the better the team would do.

He’s lost the plot !!!!  So many square peg in round holes … Not to mention this inverted wingers 

28 minutes ago, weeyin said:

O'Donnell was in the papers yesterday saying he's played at left back before and happy to play there again.

If it's a choice between Grimmy at RB and O'Donnell at LB vs. O'Donnell at RB and Lamie at LB I'll take the former.  It's far from ideal, but Lamie was a liability on Wednesday and his ridiculous handball changed the momentum of the first half just as we were starting to make some progress. 

With 5 subs, it's easy enough to switch to the other option if it's not working out.

Grimmy has cost us goals the past two games and it would have been three if Stewart's shot didn't hit the bar. Lamie is pish but can at least do the basics of defending.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

He said, ' I think I played left back at thistle'

16 hours ago, steelboy said:

Grimmy has cost us goals the past two games and it would have been three if Stewart's shot didn't hit the bar. Lamie is pish but can at least do the basics of defending.

Grimshaw should be dropped just based on the Livingston game never mind a long run of being a not very good right back.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:33 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

but even with his boots on the wrong feet and a covid-mask over his eyes, hes still better than Seedorf, so it's a positive footballing move...I think its lucky for him though that there will be no fans in the ground for a while

You sure about that.  

On 7/23/2020 at 8:42 PM, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'd rather have Daniel O'Donnell than that useless cunt

Hot take number 2 is almost as wild 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:57 PM, wunderwell said:

Simple post: the way we play Jamie Murphy would be fantastic addition to the first team. 

he would be a great addition - but with Hastie, Seedorf, Hylton it's unlikely. 

I'd be happy to get rid of any 4 from 6 (Hastie, Seedorf,  Hylton, Watt, Long, White) and bring in Murphy.