2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

If the front 3 doesn’t click soon, we surely have to consider perming 2 from Lang, Long, White and Watt with Turnbull in behind?  The likes of Long and Lang could peel to the left while O’Donnell will provide the width from the right. 

That would leave a midfield 3 of Campbell, O’Hara and either Polworth or Grimshaw depending on the opposition. 

I think Robinson’s planned front three was Lang on the left, Long through the middle and Hastie on the right. 

I can see him giving this another chance as a 3, perhaps against Accies. Felt like a message to Hastie by not giving him any minutes at the weekend but surely he’s not fallen that far back the pecking order. 

Likes of Seedorf and White have shown slight promise at times but ultimately none of our forward options look on form. 

6 hours ago, ropy said:

Are we likely to get another keeper in, we are one injury or suspension away from having none on the bench.

I would think so as nothing against P J Morrison but he is still a very young untested goalkeeper and we would be in big trouble if anything happens to Carson, but on saying that Gillespie managed to stay in goals for the whole of last season (albeit being restricted), so maybe SR will take a chance by just keeping Morrison as stand by keeper!!

10 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

he would be a great addition - but with Hastie, Seedorf, Hylton it's unlikely. 

I'd be happy to get rid of any 4 from 6 (Hastie, Seedorf,  Hylton, Watt, Long, White) and bring in Murphy.

I would actually keep White, he brings something different to the others.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gee said:

I think Robinson’s planned front three was Lang on the left, Long through the middle and Hastie on the right. 

I can see him giving this another chance as a 3, perhaps against Accies. Felt like a message to Hastie by not giving him any minutes at the weekend but surely he’s not fallen that far back the pecking order. 

Likes of Seedorf and White have shown slight promise at times but ultimately none of our forward options look on form. 

I think he’s falling down it pretty quickly, to say he’s been a disappointment at this stage is an understatement. He certainly has a level of talent but he’s a pale shadow of the player that had that hot streak before he left us.

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Today's BBC Gossip:

Not saying it isn't true and won't happen, but looks like lazy journalism from the Scum as per usual. "Old Firm club to maybe make an offer on a player they were previously interested in within the next 2 months." 

12 hours ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

If the front 3 doesn’t click soon, we surely have to consider perming 2 from Lang, Long, White and Watt with Turnbull in behind?  The likes of Long and Lang could peel to the left while O’Donnell will provide the width from the right. 

That would leave a midfield 3 of Campbell, O’Hara and either Polworth or Grimshaw depending on the opposition. 

At the start of the season I thought Watt would have been our first choice striker, is it a case of perhaps he is a bit of a waster after all? He clearly hasn't been impressing in training.

Only way I can see us accepting anything less than we did before for Turnbull is if there’s an agreement with the player included in the contract extension. 

Livingston managing to get 2 million for Dykes makes 3 million for Turnbull look a bargain in a way. 

• Like 1

There is no way they will pay 3 million for him unless its in his contract a release clause.This is a club that is so tight on transfers its unreal and on the goalkeeper front no need to get a replacement if Morrison if he is good enough  he is good enough how else is he going to learn unless he is ready for the first team.

5 hours ago, gee said:

Livingston managing to get 2 million for Dykes makes 3 million for Turnbull look a bargain in a way. 

£2 million is loose change down the sofa for a club like QPR  to sign a squad player like Dykes, but if we manage to get at least that as a minimum for Turnbull it will be a very good bit of business.

The club is in a good position ie we don't really need to sell unless its an offer we can't refuse so if its not we tell Celtic to jog on and we get to see his talents for the full season.

5 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

After being out for so long, it might be in Turnbull's interest to stay put until at least the next transfer window and get guaranteed game time with us. 

Aye but on the flipside it might also be in his best interests to secure a deal ASAP and start earning real money in case he has problems with his knee and/or form and it never happens.

Obviously I hope he stays and if he does go it's down south.

9 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Today's BBC Gossip:

Celtic have stepped up their scouting of Motherwell's David Turnbull and are likely to make a renewed bid for the midfielder - whose move to Parkhead collapsed last year due to a knee injury - before the 5 October transfer deadline. (Sun)

Wire in. Its stil £3million ,ya cheapskates. A medical certificate will be included in the price .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

Rogic apparently heading to Qatar for £4million, be interested to see if that spurs Celtic into moving early...

This will be the Rogic that was valued at £20,000,000 at one point!!....mind you every player that signs for Sellik is valued at that price at some stage of their career 

25 minutes ago, superward said:

Everton apparently sniffing around James Scott it's being reported online. Sell on clause in the deal from memory.

Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and Crystal Palace if there is any truth in the story. 

Very strange given he has played very few games for Hull.  All that said it was noticeable how much our form dipped after he left. 

I am biased but I hope Turnbull is not sold on the cheap. Ianis Hagi for £4m if stories are believed. 

Fed up getting shafted. Everyone knows Turnbull is best young player in Scotland. 

Old ground I know but if he had the season he had with us pre injury in English championship it would be £10m starting. 

No hurry - let’s hold on for as long as possible. Hopefully Newcastle or Aston Villa throw us the money. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Everton, Leeds, Newcastle and Crystal Palace if there is any truth in the story. 

Very strange given he has played very few games for Hull.  All that said it was noticeable how much our form dipped after he left. 

I am biased but I hope Turnbull is not sold on the cheap. Ianis Hagi for £4m if stories are believed. 

Fed up getting shafted. Everyone knows Turnbull is best young player in Scotland. 

Old ground I know but if he had the season he had with us pre injury in English championship it would be £10m starting. 

No hurry - let’s hold on for as long as possible. Hopefully Newcastle or Aston Villa throw us the money. 

There is only one club who will attempt to shaft us re. David Turnbull and we all know who they are as they have shafted us so many times in the past.

• Like 3