2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Interesting that this has come up now. Would there be an issue of being 'cup tied' if he plays for us against Glentoran? We are playing Celtic on Sunday. There are rumours of a bid coming in for Odsonne Edouard. 

Have to figure that one of more of these is a factor if Celtic are actively looking to get this done this week...

2 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Interesting that this has come up now. Would there be an issue of being 'cup tied' if he plays for us against Glentoran? We are playing Celtic on Sunday. There are rumours of a bid coming in for Odsonne Edouard.

If Celtic follow their usual path of immediately loaning out the youngsters they sign (see Lewis Morgan / Ryan Christie) then they might not care if he's cup tied.

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

That'll be us out then given the inability of the rest of our squad to score goals...

And may I add to take a corner aswell.We knew he was going to go lets be honest but right now take him out the team and it goes from bad to worse.

And as Robinson has always stated will only replace quality with the quality that leaves ahem goodluck with that.

Just a thought. Maybe, just maybe, the team will play better without him. I got the feeling that everything had to go through him on Saturday.   Perhaps the others will step up and play more as a team. Then again maybe not.

He has been having a lot of hit and hopes since he canes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Just a thought. Maybe, just maybe, the team will play better without him. I got the feeling that everything had to go through him on Saturday.   Perhaps the others will step up and play more as a team. Then again maybe not.

Seem to remember the rest of the team stepping up when McFadden left first time around. Have to hope that happens again. Although there were a few strong characters in that team...

14 minutes ago, Ross said:

He has been having a lot of hit and hopes since he canes back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair though, that is one tactic to beat defenses that sit in. I think issue is he just didn’t pull the trigger quick enough and most were blocked. Once he’s up to match speed some of those are going to go in or at least force the goalie into a save which can hopefully end up with one of the forwards knocking in the rebound. 

I wonder if the club will be as publicly transparent when the seemingly imminent bid comes in.

I'd also be a bit annoyed if he didn't play on Thursday because Celtic had asked us not to. If he was in negotiations or under offer etc fair enough, but if we put at risk our chances to progress just because Celtic fancied a punt in a few weeks that is different.

Looks like Turnbull will be a Celtic player by the end of the week. I’m so scunnered with everything Motherwell related part of me is past caring to be honest. I’d still rather he didn’t sign for them though and have to watch him ping them in v us right enough.

Hopefully he’ll do what Armstrong and Tierney did and use them as a springboard to English Premiership.

I still think we should have a price for everyone else and a price for the old firm (ie 25% more) when selling players. 

Maybe it's an EPL or Bundesliga club that are making a bid and we're sitting him out for that.

It will be Celtic, but I think that's a poor move for him. Not as poor a move as Rangers was for Hastie, but I think he'd do better outside of Scotland.

Throughout our history we have lost good/very good players for mostly peanuts. As a club we have always survived. Last season showed we can compete without Turnbull, and for once probably will get decent money to reinvest into the club. In saying that the club needs to do something now to shake the apathy thats crept into our support. Not easy given our start to the season, but we need something and quickly.

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If he is away then I hope it is for sane price as last year, still 2 years left on contract.  I would rather he moved down south but I wish him well no matter where he goes

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

If he is away then I hope it is for sane price as last year, still 2 years left on contract.  I would rather he moved down south but I wish him well no matter where he goes

If he signs for Celtic my interest in him ends. Why would I rejoice in him bringing glory to another Scottish club. For me he will just be another ex Motherwell player. One who I'll never bad mouth or criticise because he played right by us but what he achieves for Celtic is of no interest whatsoever to me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

If he signs for Celtic my interest in him ends. Why would I rejoice in him bringing glory to another Scottish club. For me he will just be another ex Motherwell player. One who I'll never bad mouth or criticise because he played right by us but what he achieves for Celtic is of no interest whatsoever to me.

At which point did I say I was rejoicing if he joined Celtic?. I just meant I wish him well and wont be booing him or giving him stick (unless he scores against us of course).  You never know he might end up down south if someone came in with a huge offer.

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

At which point did I say I was rejoicing if he joined Celtic?. I just meant I wish him well and wont be booing him or giving him stick (unless he scores against us of course).  You never know he might end up down south if someone came in with a huge offer.

Where did I say you said rejoice?? 

Players move on at most clubs, always have and these days they move far quicker than ever before, all that matters is we get the right price for him. No club is bigger than one player and we managed fine without him last season. If it’s invested in the structure of the club we should benefit moving forward and with an added sell on clause receive another bonus in the next two to three years.