2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

5 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I thought in earlier quote you were meaning I was rejoicing.  Fair do's pal and I stand corrected....COYW

No worries , like it always does life goes on after our favourites leave. David Turnbull has acted perfectly and as a club we owe him an awful lot cause he secures us financially for a season or two.  Id guess every Motherwell fans knows that and will act appropriately. Compare him to Hastie and its a world of a difference. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shaka said:

If Turnbull is indeed sold this week, it is imperative we also sack Foyle & Robinson asap. The last thing we need is to be spunking any addition to the playing budget on yet more shite that can "play across the front three"

If he goes it may be worth investing some of the fee on a forward with a decent goal scoring record if the right player is available. It’s not going to take massive changes to turn things around in my view. If possible I would also probably look at sending Hastie  back to Rangers if that frees up a bit of wages and see if we can get Seedorf/Hylton loaned out. On top of that the system needs looking at.

13 minutes ago, Shaka said:

If Turnbull is indeed sold this week, it is imperative we also sack Foyle & Robinson asap. The last thing we need is to be spunking any addition to the playing budget on yet more shite that can "play across the front three"

Remember we need to pay up Robinsons new contract we gave him that was another fuck up should have been sacked ages ago 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

It’s hard to imagine that we won’t strengthen the team somehow if we bring in the expected amount for Turnbull.  However, offloading players, as much as folk may dislike them, just doesn’t happen that easily. 

No it’s a tough ask, but we are already overloaded up front.

If David Turnbull is still a Motherwell player on Thursday then he should play against Glentoran. Winning that game and securing the extra cash that would come from making the next round has to be our priority.

As for how the club acts in order to counter the current apathy in our support, how about showing a little backbone and putting the interests of our club first? Rather than bending over backwards to accommodate the best interests of a competitor who will no doubt be making a bid which, in the current market, is unlikely to be close to his real value.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The African said:

If David Turnbull is still a Motherwell player on Thursday then he should play against Glentoran.

As much as I want to win the game, we can’t risk him getting injured and flushing away the money again. If he’s off to Celtic then someone else should take his place. 

49 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Why in the name of fuck would you want the thumb anywhere near Fir Park?

Because he’s an upgrade on any of the strikers that we have at the moment; I agree he’s a total bam but if he can take the chances that we’ve been creating, he’ll do for me. 

• Like 2

Just now, grizzlyg said:

If we get a good deal for Turnbull then fair do's and we move on. My worry is I dont trust robbo/foyle with transfer kitty. And yes most of you wont be surprised but I would like to see a good amount invested in the youth academy...COYW

Hes not likely to see any of it it might fund another wage but anyone we bring in won't cost £300,000 never mind £3 million..  

10 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

As much as I want to win the game, we can’t risk him getting injured and flushing away the money again. If he’s off to Celtic then someone else should take his place. 

Suspect its Nothing to do with him getting injured and more to do with Celtic having him available for the europa league when they inevitably get dumped out of the champions league.

No matter when and where David Turnbull goes, I will thank him for his service and move on. The boy deserves to forward his career and if his choice is Parkhead then fair does to him. I have spoken to him during his rehab and found him to be a level headed determined lad, with the right attitude to progress. He has done the decent thing by the club signing the extension and they did the decent thing by his rehab. In all honestly good luck David wherever you go and I look forward to se you progressing again and running the midfield on the International stage. 

• Like 1