2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

From the Celtic end. Hopefully not accurate. 

£2.75m plus £250 k in add ons. ....eventually. Two players coming our way on loan. Ewan Henderson and  Scott Robertson. Both midfielders apparently  . I’ve never heard of them. And no mention of a sell on fee. 

2 minutes ago, dennyc said:

£2.75m plus £250 k in add ons. ....eventually. Two players coming our way on loan. Ewan Henderson and  Scott Robertson. Both midfielders apparently  . I’ve never heard of them. And no mention of a sell on fee. 

Just what we need, more midfielders:blink:

2 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I have read £2.75m + £250k x 2  in add ons. So potentially £3.25m v £3.5m last time around. If we get a couple of players on loan into the bargain then that could explain the £250k less. But why the fuck do we need 2 more midfielders. We need strikers that can score goals FFS. 

6 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I have read £2.75m + £250k x 2  in add ons. So potentially £3.25m v £3.5m last time around. If we get a couple of players on loan into the bargain then that could explain the £250k less. But why the fuck do we need 2 more midfielders. We need strikers that can score goals FFS. 

And what did you hear regards Sell on Fee. I was told “Celtic don’t do sell ons unless we are the sellers”.

Hopefully not true but concerning. 

15 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Think we need midfielders who can create chances for the strikers to score goals. So maybe not a bad move in reality .However at least Polworth will hopefully get his place back and he does create a good total of assists.

Rather we had the extra money to decide what to do with it, than player handouts. We need to develop our own players. Price should be as before, anything less then tell them no!  and make sure everyone knows they are skimping! Also all money upfront, none of this installments nonsense.

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Think we need midfielders who can create chances for the strikers to score goals. So maybe not a bad move in reality .However at least Polworth will hopefully get his place back and he does create a good total of assists.

Exactly i hear all this talk about our strikers cant score, they get fcuk all decent ball. Robinson bemoaned strikers not taking advantage of great delivery from Turnbull. Turnbull played well but his corners were just as bad as everyone elses. 18 corners and  lucky if two weren't pish. Ill judge our strikers once i see any of them getting decent service

• Like 3

Pretty sure the last deal we had with them had a sell on, so don't see why we wouldn't have one this time. I'd expect a similar fee from last time, with some of the upfront money being moved to add ons for games played, to mitigate the injury risk. 

If there not prepared to pay what we agreed last time then they should be told to fuck off,especially if there trying to offer players on loan,that we don't need to reduce the fee.pay the money,take the player and fuck off and let us get on with the season ahead and not have this another drawn out saga.if nothing is in place for thursday then he should be playing,its that simple.

58 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Suspect its Nothing to do with him getting injured and more to do with Celtic having him available for the europa league when they inevitably get dumped out of the champions league.

That will certainly play a part, however, if he gets crocked the deal would be off again. Personally I would wrap him in cotton wool until he is gone and the money has cleared. 

I see no point in bringing in players when we signed a a fair few of the young lads on new deals start of summer and he stated the other day that they are not ready yet for first team so sending them out on loan.So if he brings two Celtic players on loan makes no sense a bit of a kick in the balls if you ask me.

When Turnbull goes defo need a midfielder of some sort with attacking ability and 100 percent need something else up front.

Obviously the team needs him but from a purely financial point of view, this is surely the time to sell Campbell? 

Also wouldn’t be a shock is there was interest in Polworth given he hadn’t been starting and did well at the start of last season.

4 minutes ago, gee said:

Obviously the team needs him but from a purely financial point of view, this is surely the time to sell Campbell? 

Also wouldn’t be a shock is there was interest in Polworth given he hadn’t been starting and did well at the start of last season.

At this rate we would become the new Dundee United - £6-7m + in the bank and no team on the park. Relegation would become a much more likely scenario. Even with Turnbull, Campbell and Polworth we are joint bottom. With the Old firm and Aberdeen as 3 of our next 4 games I expect we will be bottom come the end of the 1st round of fixtures. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Are you talking about when he was wearing their kit and flying round Europe with their doctor while under contract with us?

No, I'm talking about when they offered us less money because he was "injured", and we told them to feck off.

• Like 1

I could be talking utter rubbish here, but I’m sure there was a rule change in the last year or two that allowed players to play for more than one club in Europe in a season. 

Edit - comes into effect for the rounds after Christmas to allow January transfers to be registered for their new team, wouldn’t be applicable just now. 

Edited by Stu92

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Henderson couldn't get a game at Ross County last season.

Developing two young Celtic midfielders rather than Semple and Cornelius will not be well received. 

That is fucking disgusting! OUR players sit and twiddle their thumbs while we give game time to 2 Celtic nobodies? Fuck off

3 minutes ago, Shaka said:

That is fucking disgusting! OUR players sit and twiddle their thumbs while we give game time to 2 Celtic nobodies? Fuck off

Unless they're markedly better than what we have...

Personally disappointed that we haven't seen more of Semple in the last year. 

If we are to lose Campbell, Turnbull and Polworth then we are asking for trouble...

13 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Unless they're markedly better than what we have...

Personally disappointed that we haven't seen more of Semple in the last year. 

If we are to lose Campbell, Turnbull and Polworth then we are asking for trouble...

Are they gonna be markedly better? Henderson was recalled early cause he couldnt get into a shite Ross County team and the other lad is a nobody from their u23 team. Fucking garbage and a total slap in the face of Semple & Cornelius. If I was Dean Cornelius or Jamie Semple Id ask for a release right now. And if I was Burrows Id be asking SERIOUS questions of Robinson as to why he is giving contracts to players he clearly isnt interested in playing?!