2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Please don't go to them Davie :(

He made that decision last season. I can understand why someone his age might be reluctant to up sticks and move further away from home, but I think he'd do better if he did.

I've resigned myself to the fact that he'll be heading to Glasgow, though.

31 minutes ago, Yassin said:

If Rangers lose a winger they'll replace him by signing a central midfielder and losing another winger?

Think from what he was saying  they hope to use most of the transfer fee for Kent on a replacement with DT being a bonus buy that could pay dividends later but as I said just a rumour 

2 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Think from what he was saying  they hope to use most of the transfer fee for Kent on a replacement with DT being a bonus buy that could pay dividends later but as I said just a rumour 

And this from the club that needed to go begging for £10 million half way through last season just to keep them afloat operationally.

1 minute ago, Stu92 said:

I could see why we would potentially lower the fee/add instalments given current economic climate and knee fiasco, but a sell-on should be a non-negotiable term. No reason to suspect this won't be the case given our recent transfer dealings.

Given the current economic climate, installments are higher risk and I'd be looking for a larger fee to mitigate that. Last thing we need is a club filing for administration when they still owe us a million or two.

Celtic are much lower risk in that regard as they have cash in the bank.

2 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

I could see why we would potentially lower the fee/add instalments given current economic climate and knee fiasco, but a sell-on should be a non-negotiable term.

I would sincerely hope not.

We don't know of course what clauses are contained in DT's improved deal.  I'd hope though that our default position would be the same fee as agreed last year. Not sure why the current economic crisis would would influence the fee. You could also take a different view i.e. the player is now older and slightly more experienced; he's now on a larger salary; and also he's had potential knee problems addressed so we're now looking for an increased fee. 

50 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Last thing we need is a club filing for administration when they still owe us a million or two.

I’m talking about the reported £2.75m + add ons compared to the £3m + add ons of last time round. I can’t see anything other than the vast bulk of the money being up front. 

49 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I would sincerely hope not.

We don't know of course what clauses are contained in DT's improved deal.  I'd hope though that our default position would be the same fee as agreed last year. Not sure why the current economic crisis would would influence the fee. You could also take a different view i.e. the player is now older and slightly more experienced; he's now on a larger salary; and also he's had potential knee problems addressed so we're now looking for an increased fee. 

Purely speculating based on how I’d play it if I were a football club with a rep for being tight as fuck when negotiating with other Scottish clubs. “I know we agreed this last time, but times are hard so how about we give you a bit less now and a bit more later? And if you don’t fancy it, well, we’ll use every trick in the book to influence the media and the agent to get what we want.” Like you say though, none of us know the clauses in the contract but I imagine the price has been set since last year and it would just be a case of agreeing when said amount would be paid. 

Deal was acceptable to all partys last season. Flunked the medical.

So I would think its the exact same deal with a passed medical. as last season. 

No crypitic ITK shit just a pure guess and speculation. 

Sticks in the throat but good move for DT, big wages no big upheaval to a new country. He has always been good to Motherwell , so no complaints if he does move .

2 minutes ago, stv said:

Sticks in the throat but good move for DT, big wages no big upheaval to a new country. He has always been good to Motherwell , so no complaints if he does move .

Couldn't agree more. DT has signed contracts twice over the last 18 months that has allowed us to maximise the fee we receive. He could have let his contract run down in the same way that Hastie did but chose to sign a new deal in January 2019. The extension last season also means he still has a couple of years on his contract now.

Wish he was going elsewhere but good luck to the lad.

• Like 2

Doubt it would happen but would love another club to come in and trump Sellik, has radio on earlier and Calum McGregor saying how Turnbull is great and would be great addition.   This is same club who would be raging if say a premiership club would be saying how much Eduoard would  be a great signing.  

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Doubt it would happen but would love another club to come in and trump Sellik, has radio on earlier and Calum McGregor saying how Turnbull is great and would be great addition.   This is same club who would be raging if say a premiership club would be saying how much Eduoard would  be a great signing.  

Scum club run by scummy people with the scummiest of fans.

• Like 1

With Lennon and McGregor openly talking about Turnbull in the media, you’d expect this to be signed and sealed in the next day or so. 

Good luck to him, he’s head and shoulders above anyone Motherwell have produced in my lifetime, McFadden included. And credit to him for signing a contract extension on two occasions to ensure we are financially rewarded for his development. 

His style of play with fit well at Celtic and all going well, he’ll win a few medals and move to a bigger league in a couple of years, netting Motherwell another few million (assuming sell-on clause). 

I look forward to seeing him in a Scotland jersey. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

With Lennon and McGregor openly talking about Turnbull in the media, you’d expect this to be signed and sealed in the next day or so. 

Good luck to him, he’s head and shoulders above anyone Motherwell have produced in my lifetime, McFadden included. And credit to him for signing a contract extension on two occasions to ensure we are financially rewarded for his development. 

His style of play with fit well at Celtic and all going well, he’ll win a few medals and move to a bigger league in a couple of years, netting Motherwell another few million (assuming sell-on clause). 

I look forward to seeing him in a Scotland jersey. 

From a Scottish perspective Turnbull and billy gilmour has potential for an awesome midfield....with Super Allan providing the defensive cover

• Like 1