2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

15 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Worry that no fee has been mentioned as a fan owned club think the fans are entitled to know how much money is going in the bank account . More worrying is we could be giving Robinson more money to waste in the transfer market ,no mention of any loan players which is good . Just like to wish David all the best and hope he moves on to bigger and better club in the future 

Last time around (with Kipré) it wasn't hard to work out the details from the annual accounts. I expect it will be the same this time.

Given the plans last time to spend some of the money on training infrastructure, I imagine that will still be the case now. No doubt it will also help out with our recent drop in income.

I'm sure Polworth will be happy too as this is why he was originally brought in.

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Surely you recall the Girvan Lighthouse?

I certainly remember watching him play for us, and I remember having him in my football cards collection. For some reason I don't have the same recollection of his actual transfer the same way I remember Deans and Forsyth moving on. Maybe I was too young to care about keepers!

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Last time around (with Kipré) it wasn't hard to work out the details from the annual accounts. I expect it will be the same this time.

Given the plans last time to spend some of the money on training infrastructure, I imagine that will still be the case now. No doubt it will also help out with our recent drop in income.

I'm sure Polworth will be happy too as this is why he was originally brought in.

Don't get the cloak and dagger stuff . Fans want to know if it was the same money that was offered the first time around or have Celtic screwed us yet again 

5 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I certainly remember watching him play for us, and I remember having him in my football cards collection. For some reason I don't have the same recollection of his actual transfer the same way I remember Deans and Forsyth moving on. Maybe I was too young to care about keepers!

I remember joe McBride going to Celtic

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Peter went to Rangers and we got Bobby Watson and Brian Herron both good servants to the club 

5 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Don't get the cloak and dagger stuff . Fans want to know if it was the same money that was offered the first time around or have Celtic screwed us yet again 

Because it isn’t in the club’s interest to let all and sundry know how much is in the bank account. For those that really want to know there are means (when annual accounts are published) but it doesn’t do anyone any good to have it bandied about the newspapers “cus the fans deserve to know”.

Obviously I want money invested in youth academy but also funds made available for transfers. My worry is I dont trust Robbo and Martin Foyle with that budget.  The success stories mentioned by chairman which no one can deny but there has been a helluva lot of poor signings imo....hey ho roll on tonight..COYW

2 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

I’m less interested in the actual figure, and more concerned about whether there was a sell-on. The difference between £3.25m and £3.5m is fuck all in comparison to what he’ll be worth eventually. 

Just spoken with two Celtic-supporting mates and they have the humility to acknowledge that their team is unlikely to be DT's final destination and they anticipate him moving on for a larger fee, too.

• Like 1

It always galls me that as a fan owned club, we are like the CIA when it comes to transfer dealings.

Surely we deserve to know the details, if nothing else, as a way of ensuring good governance and best value.

As to the usual arguments:

The other club don't want fee disclosed - Don't sell or buy to that club

It let's other clubs know how much money we have - So what, we generally don't pay fees anyway

Who cares - I do :umbrage:

Let's be known as a club who is open about these sort of things and start treating our fans as adults. Genuinely fed up at the word Undisclosed. It feels like we are being treated like mugs. Feels like Trump "We got a great deal, an amazing deal. We couldn't have gotten a better deal" What was that deal? "Sorry, can't tell you, but take my word for it.

Maybe even knowing the details of deals may partly take the sting out of losing yet another player.

This is MY opinion anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, alanos said:

It always galls me that as a fan owned club, we are like the CIA when it comes to transfer dealings.

Surely we deserve to know the details, if nothing else, as a way of ensuring good governance and best value.

As to the usual arguments:

The other club don't want fee disclosed - Don't sell or buy to that club

It let's other clubs know how much money we have - So what, we generally don't pay fees anyway

Who cares - I do :umbrage:

Let's be known as a club who is open about these sort of things and start treating our fans as adults. Genuinely fed up at the word Undisclosed. It feels like we are being treated like mugs. Feels like Trump "We got a great deal, an amazing deal. We couldn't have gotten a better deal" What was that deal? "Sorry, can't tell you, but take my word for it.

Maybe even knowing the details of deals may partly take the sting out of losing yet another player.

This is MY opinion anyway.

Is it too much to ask you wait on accounts being published?

Being fan owned doesn’t automatically give right to financially sensitive information.

• Like 1

This undisclosed business is common across most clubs, but as said above, the truth will be in the accounts. Either way, it might be the most money we've ever had, so I'm hoping we sign someone who can play in all 11 positions and is really funny on twitter. 

"A fee that could reach £3.25m" while being vague in detail, the "final fee" is a very exact figure so I think its safe to say there is no sell-on fee! 

Fucking disgrace and a slap in the face to the fans and club as a whole if that is the case

• Like 1