2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

18 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Is it too much to ask you wait on accounts being published?

Being fan owned doesn’t automatically give right to financially sensitive information.

Accounts will only show anything if its all being paid in 1 lump sum, which I highly doubt. And the DT fee will be lumped in with any other transfer business so we will never know the truth

Good luck to David.

I hope he is successful and flourishes away from Motherwell.

I've always found it strange that often fans are bitter towards guys that did us a turn and moved on rather than the guff that no one else wanted.

We'll miss him but he is a major talent and his move to a bigger stage was always going to a matter of when not if.

Also, now our entire squad has 1 goal this season.  :lol:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Shaka said:

"A fee that could reach £3.25m" while being vague in detail, the "final fee" is a very exact figure so I think its safe to say there is no sell-on fee! 

Fucking disgrace and a slap in the face to the fans and club as a whole if that is the case

That’s just the fee with appearances. The sell on will be extra.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

"A fee that could reach £3.25m" while being vague in detail, the "final fee" is a very exact figure so I think its safe to say there is no sell-on fee! 

Fucking disgrace and a slap in the face to the fans and club as a whole if that is the case

You do realise that neither Celtic nor Motherwell have confirmed that? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Surprises me the amount of our support who feel the club hold the aces in any proposed transfer of Turnbull :blink:

There's more to this than most, if not all of us know, and given your track record OTF, I don't doubt you're right. Good luck to DT as he appears to have done right by us. Seems a talented and decent lad. However, he's now an ex player and we need to move on asap.

Money wise this will really help the club. I've no idea what the actual fee is but would be disappoined if it wasn't a minimum of £3m guaranteed cash with an add on for appearances and the like. A sell on clause as well please.

If Cedric moves on that will also net us an additional fee.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Being fan owned doesn’t automatically give right to financially sensitive information.

It never ceases to amaze me that people think they literally own a football club because they pay £10 a month to the Well Society.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

How can you be so angry with something that is completely unconfirmed? Nobody knows if there's a sell on clause, nobody knows if the fee is £3.25m with or without add ons, nobody knows if Celtic straight up refused to put a sell on clause in there, nobody knows if there's a 25% sell on clause, nobody knows if there's a clause in DT's newly re-signed contract saying we must accept a fee of x and above etc etc etc.

Nobody knows anything, yet people are absolutely raging.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

How can you be so angry with something that is completely unconfirmed? Nobody knows if there's a sell on clause, nobody knows if the fee is £3.25m with or without add ons, nobody knows if Celtic straight up refused to put a sell on clause in there, nobody knows if there's a 25% sell on clause, nobody knows if there's a clause in DT's newly re-signed contract saying we must accept a fee of x and above etc etc etc.

The minute it was announced he was signed by Celtic that was always going to happen. It was stated we would be screwed by Celtic before a deal was even done and as such a few won’t accept anything other than that belief regardless. I’m guessing even if the full figures are disclosed that won’t change.

Congratulations to DT. 

He has the makings of a great player and I don't think it will be long before he is outperforming some of the Celtic first team regulars. 

Celtic have a bargain but this is not to say that I think the club could have held out for more. 

I will be following his career with interest and I hope he does really well at Celtic (except when they play us) and moves on to bigger things sooner rather than later. 

If he ends up anything like the player Gary McAllister was he has a bright future ahead. 

Goodluck to him and I hope he goes on too play for Scotland wins a barrel load of caps and ends his career where it all started.

He has left we move on most of us really moved on when he was going to leave last time,folk moaning about this and that need to get a grip millions in the coffers,club is healthy.

I be more worried if Robinson is given any funds to play with cause the next load of transfers if any are the ones that could  be shaping the club.

Wish the lad all the best.  He has really done right by us signing contract extensions to make sure the club gets  decent wedge for him.  He says he has always been a Motherwell fan and it is very obvious he is.  Like others will be following his career with interest.  I hope like Phil and Faddy he comes back to finish his career with us at the end.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Personally I think most of these posters  are just trying to get a response so I ignore their rants. 

5 hours ago, Kris-A-Goalda said:

So you're saying that Laudrup, Gascoigne, Gattuso, Albertz weren't arsed when they missed out on 10 at Rangers? 

They were probably gutted that they missed out on the title, as players at that level want to win everything. As for winning the tenth title? I doubt they gave a fuck really.

To put it into perspective, if Juventus win the Italian title this season they also win ten in a row. How many people are talking about that? If no one outside Italy cares about Juventus winning ten in a row in one of the top leagues in Europe, there's even less chance of anyone giving a fuck what happens in Scotland.

My knowledge of the Forster deal isn't extensive, but I'm sure I read that the Southampton manager had a sit down with him and told him he was part of his plans for the new season. Hadn't Forster been injured for a while? I'd heard he wasn't fit before returning to Celtic, so maybe a chance to regain some fitness and give it a go at Southampton was the plan all along.

Only the Scottish media really seemed to be talking up the idea of a permanent deal from what I could see. He's on about £70,000 a week down there, he'd need to be touched in the head to come up here to earn half that.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Read the last 5 words on my post bud. 

Im not angry, not even bemused. It was obvious this was lined up, probably from last year so its not a surprise. I wish David well, it wouldnt have been my choice, but that means nothing. Il look forward to seeing him make his Scotland debut next month now he has joined them, and Il keep an eye out for him on match of the day in acouple of years

The point in my post was that last year it was reported as £3.25m plus "add ons & a sell on" . NOW? Its a deal "that may reach £3.25m". That figure is a bit too specific to be plucked out the air, and journalists nowadays have moles everywhere. No mention of any sell on clause and a fee lower than last year. (Il do the last bit in bold to help you) if that is the case then its a fucking disgrace! 

We mention sell-ons in every deal we make, strangely quiet on this one. Celtic disclose plenty , ie Tierney fee, Dembele Sell on, Van Dijk Sell On, yet this time its "undisclosed" . Personally, I dont care as I have no control over the running of the club, but as a fan it stinks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

The Tierney fee and the Dembele sell on weren't confidential.

It's a strange one. 

That's because the buying club and the selling club both agreed to disclose the amount. If either party wants to keep it secret they make that part of the deal.

4 hours ago, star sail said:

Congratulations to DT. 

He has the makings of a great player and I don't think it will be long before he is outperforming some of the Celtic first team regulars. 

Celtic have a bargain but this is not to say that I think the club could have held out for more. 

I will be following his career with interest and I hope he does really well at Celtic (except when they play us) and moves on to bigger things sooner rather than later. 

If he ends up anything like the player Gary McAllister was he has a bright future ahead. 

I cannae bring myself to wish him any luck at all...hes signed for an utter vermin-infested football club, one of only two that any 'well fan would have avoided. 

37 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I cannae bring myself to wish him any luck at all...hes signed for an utter vermin-infested football club, one of only two that any 'well fan would have avoided. 

I get that. I would have preferred anybody else too (except Rangers) but the decision is made now. Sadly I suspect he will play well against us and on those days any goodwill will go out the window.